+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Band Thread Worth Reading...

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Re: A Band Thread Worth Reading...

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Let us know when the crowd funding starts. I'll donate.
    you will know for sure. an email should go out and I will link it here. And thank you.

Bulldog BoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the rough

This is wonderful. So excited to hear some of the things already in motion for the band. Numbers should be higher than ever next year!

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rlmiddle View Post
    I think that the band and the other spirit groups are a critical part of the college athletic atmosphere. Is there any possibility of moving the band and hopefully the spirit groups under the athletic department, at least for potential funding and coordination?
    You do not want the Band under the control of the Athletic department. Athletics is about athletics period. And by the way, IMHO the Athletics department is not understaffed.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    And by the way, IMHO the Athletics department is not understaffed.
    I was not speaking about quantity.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

New band unis as posted on Twitter look good. Sorry don't know how to post the "tweet".

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    New band unis as posted on Twitter look good. Sorry don't know how to post the "tweet".
    https://twitter.com/dkaczv/status/740575741977501696

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Well since they tweeted it...

Also, there will be 12(maybe 13, snares, 12 (maybe 13) cymbals, 6 tenors, and 8 basses...all with new drums that will not be red.

The numbers in this picture are 10, 10, 5, and 7. Some of these drums are now 25+ years old.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Do you know the break down for brass? Hope to one day see 24+ tubas.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Do you know the break down for brass? Hope to one day see 24+ tubas.
    I don't. To get to 24 I imagine 8-10 more will have to be purchased, but I don't know the number. Some I believe are in need of repair before the Fall. I hope the incoming freshmen instrumentalists are 80% brass and 20% percussion. No offense to you woodwind players. Oboes and clarinets sound great in concert halls.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    I don't. To get to 24 I imagine 8-10 more will have to be purchased, but I don't know the number. Some I believe are in need of repair before the Fall. I hope the incoming freshmen instrumentalists are 80% brass and 20% percussion. No offense to you woodwind players. Oboes and clarinets sound great in concert halls.
    your saxist

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Also, there will be 12(maybe 13, snares, 12 (maybe 13) cymbals, 6 tenors, and 8 basses...all with new drums that will not be red.

The numbers in this picture are 10, 10, 5, and 7. Some of these drums are now 25+ years old.

I'm a little knowledgeable on marching bands so I have a question for you. What is wrong with drums that are 25+ years old? Have they been abused or damaged in someway that they are not playable? Does any of this damage fall back on the students. Yes, I know that it's nice to play on new instruments but a drum is a drum. Unless the drum is physically falling apart, why would you replace it unless you want to have a different look or just spend money? Not being a smart*ss here. I seriously have been around marching bands most of my life so why spend big $'s unless absolutely necessary. Make the students accountable for damage. I know over time things get dinged, scuffed and whatever but if its playable, then play it.

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    your saxist

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Complaints I remember: parts wear and tear, go missing, become impossible to replace. Cracks in the drum are not repairable. Weather damage. Things are dented and bent and not repairable.

Of course, that was 10 years ago. Probably worse now.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Complaints I remember: parts wear and tear, go missing, become impossible to replace. Cracks in the drum are not repairable. Weather damage. Things are dented and bent and not repairable.

Of course, that was 10 years ago. Probably worse now.
    This is accurate.

+ Reply to Thread