+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baseball. Bulldogs Made Memories During 1987 Run to NCAA Tournament

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Baseball. Bulldogs Made Memories During 1987 Run to NCAA Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    ...and Ed would have torn him a new one.
    Yeah, not to mention he had a bat.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    ...and Ed would have torn him a new one.
    Who is Ed? Albert "Don't Call Me Joey" Belle was pretty stout.

Puppy tabnlu seems to have something between the earstabnlu seems to have something between the earstabnlu seems to have something between the earstabnlu seems to have something between the earstabnlu seems to have something between the earstabnlu seems to have something between the earstabnlu seems to have something between the ears

I was also at the lsu game in the stands that night. I couldn't believe that LeBlanc lasted 10 against that heavy hitting team, but he was sharp all night. Probably the finest baseball game I have ever attended! It had a little of everything- great pitching, defense and some long homeruns.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Who remembers the 8-7 win over Lamar?

Don't remember the year, must have been in the late 70's, 1978 or 1979, I think. Anyway, Tech hosted Lamar in a season-ending 4-game series. At that time there was no post season tourney or series, the regular season SLC champ went to the regionals. Lamar was one game ahead in the standings, so the Dawgs had to win this weekend series 3-1 to win the conference. The task got even more clear, and difficult, when we lost game one of the series. Now, the Dawgs had to win 3 straight.

Game 2 Tech 6 Lamar 4

Game 3 was epic! Trailing 7-0 going to the bottom of the 9th (or it might have been when games were 7 innings when part of a double-header), regardless, we were down to 3 outs. The Dawgs rallied for 7 runs...5 of those runs after we had two outs...and tied the game. Mike Kane's "single" won it the next inning. (Kane was hitting with the bases loaded and one out, so Lamar brought their outfield up, and he almost jacked a grand slam, the ball hit the top of the wall, and he was credited with a game-winning single). The 8-7 win set up a winner-take-all Game 4 of the series.

Game 4 Lamar 9 Tech 0 Ugh! Lamar's ace, who they were hoping to rest for the regionals, Craig Fish (I think that was his name), pitched a masterpiece.

BUT! that only made the following year all the more exciting. Again, Tech and Lamar battled at the end of the year, this time in a series, and the pivotal game featured Lamar's ace, Craig Fish vs. Keith Thibodeaux (also a Tech QB). The two aces exchanged goose eggs, Tech came to bat in the bottom of the 8th in a 0-0 game. In two seasons, in the crucial game deciding the SLC champion, this Fish guy had shut out the Dawgs for 16 straight innings. But, we finally got to him in that 8th inning, scoring 5 runs! Lamar got 2 back in the 9th, but the 5-2 Tech win sent us to the regionals!

Glad our 2016 Dawgs are also making memories. May they be GREAT memories! (I still have hotel reservations in Omaha....just saying)

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

If my health permits, I hope to be in Omaha this year for at least one day of games. It's the only baseball thing remaining on my bucket list. All my other baseball bucket list items have been done. Went to Cooperstown in December to see Craig Biggio's plaque. That was my third trip to the HOF, but had to go back after Biggio was inducted. Now it's time for Jeff Bagwell's induction.

Varsity Bulldog diamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    3 years later, I was on the team! I played with Aulds, Ortega, Martin, and Vavrick off that 87 team. We were about 25-23 ... won a couple more than we lost.
    Is possible we were teammates then.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddawg31 View Post
    Is possible we were teammates then.
    89-90? Gravy's last year?

Varsity Bulldog diamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    89-90? Gravy's last year?
    I started 90-91. Gravy was there fall season. Was in the room at the TAC when he informed us he was retiring from coaching, and Kane took over.

Bulldog DiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to all DiamondDawg36's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddawg31 View Post
    I started 90-91. Gravy was there fall season. Was in the room at the TAC when he informed us he was retiring from coaching, and Kane took over.
    My first year was Gravy's last year as head coach. I was wi5h you guys as well.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

"Tech students" jumped off a wooden platform built behind the left field fence and came running onto the field. The more than 2,000 Tech fans in the stadium went wild. The Bulldog dugout rushed to home plate while Montoyo jogged around the bases and headed for home. It was one of many special moments from the 1987 season". That is where I was sitting with about 50 other people mostly PIKES and our girls. We hazed Joey all night long. I remember vividly jumping that fence and seeing the anger in the eyes of Joey Belle. Right after the game many left to head out to Florida for spring break fun. Great times!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    If my health permits, I hope to be in Omaha this year for at least one day of games. It's the only baseball thing remaining on my bucket list. All my other baseball bucket list items have been done. Went to Cooperstown in December to see Craig Biggio's plaque. That was my third trip to the HOF, but had to go back after Biggio was inducted. Now it's time for Jeff Bagwell's induction.
    Go Stros!!!

Bulldog DiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to all DiamondDawg36's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Who is Ed? Albert "Don't Call Me Joey" Belle was pretty stout.
    Probably Ed Beuerlein.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDawg36 View Post
    Probably Ed Beuerlein.
    Ed Walker. TECH alum. Spent a lot of time bouncing at Stowe's and moving appliances. Front row center at basketball games. I have no doubt that Joey would have regretted it if he had given Ed a go.

+ Reply to Thread