+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Regionals Thread

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: NCAA Regionals Thread

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    East Carolina was the only G5 in the Super Regionals.

C.C. and UCSB are not G5s or even "mid-majors".
    I'm pulling for all 3 of those teams.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Earlier today, UCSB's walkoff grand slam in the bottom of the 9th inning that beat #2 overall seed Louisville 4-3 was one of the greatest comebacks I've ever witnessed. That's an example of why some of our BBB posters need to be aware that it's a 9 inning game and it ain't over 'til it's over. Some seemed to give up too quickly when we played Mississippi State in the regionals.

Several years ago in a home game against then top 5 ranked Mississippi State, Tech was down by 6 runs with 2 outs and no runners on in the bottom of the 9th inning. I left after the bottom of the 7th or 8th, but I listened to the game on the radio. Tech won 7-6. I haven't given up on the Dawgs since then.
    In football I learned that lesson back in 1976 I think it was against S. Miss at the Joe (driving cold rain, wind and some sleet).

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Way to go Coastal Carolina!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

SEC 0-4 in Super Regionals. Only FL left with a chance.

Louisville-UCSB and CofC-LSU games had fantastic finishes.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Much vaunted SEC wearing the collar right now...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    In football I learned that lesson back in 1976 I think it was against S. Miss at the Joe (driving cold rain, wind and some sleet).
    I was there....till the end.

We led 16-0 in the 2nd qtr. but then USM came back and led 20-16 late in the 4th qtr. maybe 5 or 6 mins left, maybe less. Tech was backed up and forced to punt into that VERY stiff wind. It was howling, 30 mph, with freezing rain, sleet, and some snow flakes all mixed in. I guess because of the wind the snap to the punter sailed over his head and into the EZ. USM had a rush on and all you could see were 4 white shirts and a lone red one, our punter, battling for the ball in our EZ. Somehow, he came away with it and we gave up just 2 pts, not 7. Score: USM 22 Tech 16. Of course we had to kick to them after the safety. They got great field position, kicking into that wind. But, our D held and they kicked to us, downing the ball inside of our 15. 85+ yards to go....no timeouts left.....2 mins to go.....into a frickin' gale of a winter storm. We had 'em right where they wanted us! Or, so they thought.

Ryckman made a couple of great....impossible! catches beating double coverage. His diving catch at the 2 set up the winning TD. Arry Moody did the honors and the Dawgs won 23-22.

Wasn't many fans left by that time. It was bitter cold. Temps hovering around 30, maybe 28-29, and that wind....whew! Only diehard crazies stay to the end of a game like that. Which is why I was still there.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I was there....till the end.

We led 16-0 in the 2nd qtr. but then USM came back and led 20-16 late in the 4th qtr. maybe 5 or 6 mins left, maybe less. Tech was backed up and forced to punt into that VERY stiff wind. It was howling, 30 mph, with freezing rain, sleet, and some snow flakes all mixed in. I guess because of the wind the snap to the punter sailed over his head and into the EZ. USM had a rush on and all you could see were 4 white shirts and a lone red one, our punter, battling for the ball in our EZ. Somehow, he came away with it and we gave up just 2 pts, not 7. Score: USM 22 Tech 16. Of course we had to kick to them after the safety. They got great field position, kicking into that wind. But, our D held and they kicked to us, downing the ball inside of our 15. 85+ yards to go....no timeouts left.....2 mins to go.....into a frickin' gale of a winter storm. We had 'em right where they wanted us! Or, so they thought.

Ryckman made a couple of great....impossible! catches beating double coverage. His diving catch at the 2 set up the winning TD. Arry Moody did the honors and the Dawgs won 23-22.

Wasn't many fans left by that time. It was bitter cold. Temps hovering around 30, maybe 28-29, and that wind....whew! Only diehard crazies stay to the end of a game like that. Which is why I was still there.
    Wow, how could I have forgotton a game like that. The Michigan State game has that kind of memory for me.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Much vaunted SEC wearing the collar right now...
    The SEC fans will say they still accomplished something by having that many teams in the regionals and super regionals, and I don't disagree with that. I also am hoping that A&M gets beat so the SEC will not be represented in Omaha. That is selfish of me, but these LSU fans that I see everyday in Baton Rouge think they are the only university in the state and think anything other than the SEC is juco.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    The SEC fans will say they still accomplished something by having that many teams in the regionals and super regionals, and I don't disagree with that. I also am hoping that A&M gets beat so the SEC will not be represented in Omaha. That is selfish of me, but these LSU fans that I see everyday in Baton Rouge think they are the only university in the state and think anything other than the SEC is juco.
    They will say they all beat each other up at Hoover and that was the real national championship. A&M is gone. Florida is the only standard bearer left for the mighty sec.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

these LSU fans that I see everyday in Baton Rouge think they are the only university in the state and think anything other than the SEC is juco.
    Heard some lsu fans yelling balk as the CC pitcher faked to 2rd last night. What does that say about some lsu fans '06?

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go COASTAL!
    possum.jpg

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    They will say they all beat each other up at Hoover and that was the real national championship. A&M is gone. Florida is the only standard bearer left for the mighty sec.
    I've got to meet today with some real LSU grads and might hear this explanation from one of them and from an lsu bandwagon fan. I want to be prepared with a response, but I've not come up with one yet. Someone help me out with a good logical comeback.

Florida plays Florida State tonight for the last spot in the CWS. I'm practicing my chant and Seminole chop.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Two weeks ago Lynn Scarborough said that the REAL Nat'l Championship was in Hoover the week of the SEC tourney

I was hoping they go 0-fer

I think if we don't get delayed that Friday in Starkvegas we may have taken Moo U out that weekend

Postseason is where you make your bones - not regular season
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I've bragged on Robertson's competitive fire but when that lead off hitter for Coastal stole second and stood up and brushed off his shirt with sanctimonious ire, I think everybody knew he was going to score the winning run.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

. I see this in Shreveport all the time. In Baton Rouge and South Louisiana, I know it is even worse. This 2015-2016 year of Tech Sports has been Special. At ever point in the school year we had a sports team that was competitive in our conference. It was wonderful for a change. May 2016-2017 continue the same way.

+ Reply to Thread