+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Season Far Exceeded My Expectations

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Baseball Season Far Exceeded My Expectations

How would you set up concessions here? I would bring in some state-fair type vendors until we can afford to upgrade

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    How would you set up concessions here? I would bring in some state-fair type vendors until we can afford to upgrade

Lot of TENT vendors in Starkvegas...

Had a DAMN good hotdog too - their combo was $7.00 for hotdog and medium coke
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

I am not a baseball fan. It's about the only major sport that I just don't watch. Having said that, I watched 3 Tech games on the stream this year and listened to a 4th. Love it when any of our teams does well. Congrats on a great season Dawgs!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Grew up on nothing but baseball. Got away from it after severe burnout. Now, I enjoy it as much as an evening at The Joe! Need to pay to reserve at least 2 seats!

Varsity Bulldog Brister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the rough Brister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    The reasons things didn't get fixed this year...

1)Aramark is in charge of concessions.

2)Our budget is bare bones. We will have to go "grass roots" to improve baseball w/out putting equal money across the street.
    Learfield or Aramark?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brister View Post
    Learfield or Aramark?
    Thanks, I fixed it.

Learfield on my mind this morning because Dave didn't get to participate.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    Long time LSU fan (Don't hate), current Tech student. As a guy that watched almost every lsu game the past two seasons. I found myself rooting LA Tech and really not wanting to watch LSU. Didn't think this would happen.
    Glad to have you at Tech. It really helped this year that we had competitive sports the entire year-football, womens soccer, mens basketball, (Brooke will bring back Lady Techsters), BASEBALL guys and girls, golf and Ladies tennis. I wished all Tech students would honestly go all out for THEIR school. Thanks for your support.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post

Most definitely!

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

There was a time when I was fully invested in pro baseball and the Cubs. Knew the starting rotation & relief pitchers and their era. The regular line up & subs and their fielding and batting stats. Pretty much everything. Even took the kids to Wrigley Field because they were into it too. But as they grew up, and the Cubs slid into irrelevance, I got away from baseball.

This Tech baseball team and the coaches have gotten under my skin. I love the way they play the game. We're getting season tickets for next year even though there's not much way I can make games until late April/early May. The team and coaches deserve the support season tickets represent.

Have a ways to go to get fully up to speed but I will. And unlike pro ball, there's the recruiting aspect to keep up. And maybe how the boys do with their summer ball.

This team was special and earned an important place in the history of LA Tech baseball history. Can't wait to see what the Bulldogs do next year!

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Focus on what we have and improve the existing FIRST -

Would like a new PA system and improved scoreboard

Place some emphasis on the right field rowdies area

Then as MD said - something down the right field line and then maybe something above the wall in left field

RICE and USM in conference are the only draws and USL and nlu are the only OOC draws right now

My seats are finally becoming valuable
    Agree, especially with the PA and scoreboard. The sound system at Dudy Noble was great and it wouldn't take much money for us to match.

Long term, from a straight capacity standpoint I have to believe J C Love could be expanded to seat 5,000+. Not sure how or if we could do suites, which can be important from a money making standpoint.

And maybe it's a "small" thing but our restrooms are already way better than what Dudy Noble currently has.
    Last edited by tenacious_dog; 06-07-2016 at 09:19 AM.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Thanks, I fixed it.

Learfield on my mind this morning because Dave didn't get to participate.
    Is Dave already in SD or what's the deal?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    Is Dave already in SD or what's the deal?
    His last series was the USM series.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Whats wrong with the scoreboard? Didn't we purchase a new one 8 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Whats wrong with the scoreboard? Didn't we purchase a new one 8 years ago?
    I assume he means the positioning of it.

The right of way issues involving the RR track are certainly important to anything we try to do in the RF area. Sometimes its better to beg forgiveness than ask for permission.

Not sure we could have moved the scoreboard back farther which is where it needs to be.

Re: Left field...I like the existing apartment patio area and think it could be a great gathering spot.

...and this

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    It's not a bad score board by any means. It does go on the blink every now and then and has to be rebooted. But just like other sports, baseball score boards have evolved. An up to date board that can show batter and pitcher stats, pitch speed and other video content adds a lot to the game.
    New sponsor(s) could provide all the above on a separate board.

+ Reply to Thread