+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Band of Pride Crowdfunding Campaign

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Band of Pride Crowdfunding Campaign

Here it is!

You guys get the first official peek at La Tech's first crowdfunding campaign. It is live and donations may be processed. Please remember that, while this is a live giving campaign - to which I hope everyone contributes! - it is also a pilot of sorts for the university. Therefore, there may still be some rough spots. If any of you have any suggestions at all, please let me know so that I may pass those suggestions on to Brooks and his staff. This campaign will be used to work out any kinks for many future campaigns for the band, athletics, and academics.

For all of you who give, thank you very much. I hope that participation will communicate to university leadership the level of interest in the music/band program at Tech.

To access the campaign, click on the link below which will direct you to the "Bull Market." Then click on the campaign itself. You will notice the first large donation has already been received. Please take note of the rewards for donors under the giving levels! Notifications and links will be emailed to all alumni very soon, so with early viewing BBB members have the opportunity to be some of the first to participate.

https://bullmarket.latechalumni.org/

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Band of Pride Crowdfunding Campaign

That anonymous donation was me

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    That anonymous donation was me

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

The effort is admirable...the uniforms are awful!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    The effort is admirable...the uniforms are awful!
    I appreciate your optimism. Not that it changes anything at this point, I am genuinely interested in everyone's opinion. what makes you think so? Can you be a little more specific than "awful?"

I ask, because a blanket statement that they are "awful" is a pretty extremist comment...one that perhaps isn't warranted on the campaign announcement thread...especially considering how it might sway others' opinions. Secondly, I've heard nothing but overwhelmingly positive opinions and approval about the uniform design...particularly from band members and alumni. Thirdly, the people who designed it kinda know what they are doing. Fourth, there is another very appropriate thread on which that comment could have been made. On that thread, there is a plethora of reasoning offered for the design.

Lastly, the great thing about this campaign is that you don't have to give toward the uniforms if you don't like them. The campaign is raising funds for new drums and instrument repair also. I hope you will be willing to donate toward one of those efforts instead. The lowest giving level is $1.
    Last edited by RhythmDawg; 06-14-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

The site/program already starting off badly by using the puppy in the logo. Also, BullMarket... My mind is filled with questions and remarks about the site/program.

The title throws off the full intent of the fundraising.

I think this is enough internet tonight. I'm being unnecessarily negative.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I just clicked on it and got a blank page.

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I just clicked on it and got a blank page.
    try again. Just worked for me.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I'm being unnecessarily negative.
    I don't have a BBB password, I just type something unnecessarily negative and it lets me in.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    The site/program already starting off badly by using the puppy in the logo. Also, BullMarket... My mind is filled with questions and remarks about the site/program.

The title throws off the full intent of the fundraising.

I think this is enough internet tonight. I'm being unnecessarily negative.
    i'm not involved with the branding itself, but I'll pass that along. Some have said they love the bull market name...the play on words I'm sure was intentional. The bulldog logo usage then makes sense. And the response will be that the bulldog logo is an official logo. But again, I'll pass along the opinion. And I'm sure the right people are reading these posts anyway.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

The coats and shako/plume look great. Im not a fan of the black pants, but like was said in another thread, I'm sure it looks better in person.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Here it is!

You guys get the first official peek at La Tech's first crowdfunding campaign. It is live and donations may be processed. Please remember that, while this is a live giving campaign - to which I hope everyone contributes! - it is also a pilot of sorts for the university. Therefore, there may still be some rough spots. If any of you have any suggestions at all, please let me know so that I may pass those suggestions on to Brooks and his staff. This campaign will be used to work out any kinks for many future campaigns for the band, athletics, and academics.

For all of you who give, thank you very much. I hope that participation will communicate to university leadership the level of interest in the music/band program at Tech.

To access the campaign, click on the link below which will direct you to the "Bull Market." Then click on the campaign itself. You will notice the first large donation has already been received. Please take note of the rewards for donors under the giving levels! Notifications and links will be emailed to all alumni very soon, so with early viewing BBB members have the opportunity to be some of the first to participate.

https://bullmarket.latechalumni.org/
    Congratulations. You have done an excellent job of promoting this cause. I wish you and the campaign nothing but good luck.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    The coats and shako/plume look great. Im not a fan of the black pants, but like was said in another thread, I'm sure it looks better in person.

The campaign is great, I will donate.

Regarding the uniform combo, it reminds me of KU's previous uniforms.

I think we should of gone with light gray pants like what baseball and recently basketball adopted as neutral color. Red/Blue tops with white accent, light gray bottoms, and white shoes. There you go. Fixed.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

I don;t find traditional Major Domo uniforms the least bit attractive or appealing...that's my angle.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

+ Reply to Thread