+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KTBS: Greg Goff leads LA Tech's incredible turnaround

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Re: KTBS: Greg Goff leads LA Tech's incredible turnaround

Ill agree with you on that..For sure. Clearly the $$$ is undefeated as we have learned.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Ever seen one do it with as much emotion as he expressed. I haven't.
    OJ was a good actor

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    He was pretty good too. Made it to home every time.
    too soon

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    He was pretty good too. Made it to home every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    too soon
    Disagree, keep 'em coming. The little hypocrite, his mom and the other girl are gone!

Wait, the Sunbelt AD is still here. Would this be too sensitive to his ears?

We're paying "how much" ? to the women's basketball head coaches' household? And, we can't pay that to our "once in a generation" head baseball coach?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    Disagree, keep 'em coming. The little hypocrite, his mom and the other girl are gone!

Wait, the Sunbelt AD is still here. Would this be too sensitive to his ears?

We're paying "how much" ? to the women's basketball head coaches' household? And, we can't pay that to our "once in a generation" head baseball coach?
    oh, I was just joking. it was a good hit!

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    oh, I was just joking. it was a good hit!
    Oh! Sorry! Stick foot in mouth.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    If a sports journalist or personality had any balls, they would call him on the "building something special" crapola
    What the coaches really mean is "building something special" for their career. Sometimes the "special" takes 4 or 5 years to build, and sometimes just a couple of years. I don't blame them. They have to do what is best for them and for their families.

I lost a very good employee recently. He was offered a position with a 60% increase in pay over what we can afford to pay him. He was conflicted. No, really, he was. In fact, he took me to lunch the other day....on his new expense account credit card they gave him. We talked about how much he enjoyed working in my organization and the great relationships he built. But, at the end of the day, he has a wife and three young kids he's trying to save money for, for their college fund. I have not yet found a suitable replacement so the rest of us are pulling extra duty covering that position's responsibilities. Still, I wish him the best.

When Tech hires these career-builders, good coaches, this is to be expected. It's hard to find those "Leon Barmores" who are both great coaches and truly loyal to Tech. So, we will forever be a stepping-stone athletics program. Er, unless I win a $400 million Power Ball, in which case, every OTHER school in the nation will be losing coaches to us!

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    What the coaches really mean is "building something special" for their career. Sometimes the "special" takes 4 or 5 years to build, and sometimes just a couple of years. I don't blame them. They have to do what is best for them and for their families.

I lost a very good employee recently. He was offered a position with a 60% increase in pay over what we can afford to pay him. He was conflicted. No, really, he was. In fact, he took me to lunch the other day....on his new expense account credit card they gave him. We talked about how much he enjoyed working in my organization and the great relationships he built. But, at the end of the day, he has a wife and three young kids he's trying to save money for, for their college fund. I have not yet found a suitable replacement so the rest of us are pulling extra duty covering that position's responsibilities. Still, I wish him the best.

When Tech hires these career-builders, good coaches, this is to be expected. It's hard to find those "Leon Barmores" who are both great coaches and truly loyal to Tech. So, we will forever be a stepping-stone athletics program. Er, unless I win a $400 million Power Ball, in which case, every OTHER school in the nation will be losing coaches to us!
    Dittos on the Power Ball for me as well. If my pocketbook for Tech was as big as my love for Tech we would be in "high cotton". You mentioned Barmore. Coach Patterson was of the same cut of cloth. He was one of my coaches at Byrd in the 60's-followed me to Tech😊. He played football at Tech-Tech man all down the line.

+ Reply to Thread