+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Graet article from one of the best coaches in baseball on Alabama job

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Graet article from one of the best coaches in baseball on Alabama job

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Pay them!
    You've said this in several threads. If you increase the budget in baseball by $100,000, you have to increase the budgets in women's sports at Tech by $100,000 as well. On short notice which sport should be cut? Football or Men's Basketball?

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    You've said this in several threads. If you increase the budget in baseball by $100,000, you have to increase the budgets in women's sports at Tech by $100,000 as well. On short notice which sport should be cut? Football or Men's Basketball?
    Do you have the numbers to demonstrate this?

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by girldawg View Post
    In his presser, he repeatedly used the term "dream job". Said he'd always wanted to coach at Alabama. That was pretty much the only difference from his Alabama acceptance speech and the one at Tech.
    He implied it, but I don't know that I ever heard him explicitly state that Alabama was his dream job, although he did say he waited a long time to say "Roll Tide." I took his comments to mean this kind of job (e.g., SEC) was his dream job.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    He implied it, but I don't know that I ever heard him explicitly state that Alabama was his dream job, although he did say he waited a long time to say "Roll Tide." I took his comments to mean this kind of job (e.g., SEC) was his dream job.
    "I wouldn't have left Ruston Louisiana if it wasn't my dream job"

http://www.secsports.com/article/16288197/greg-goff-named-head-baseball-coach-alabama

"It's just a dream job I've always had....being a Bama fan and all that".

http://whnt.com/2016/06/17/alabama-i...aseball-coach/

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Do you have the numbers to demonstrate this?
    It's reflected in every budget increase for baseball and softball going back to Oakes' tenure. Both Sim and Randy Davis were very open about their disagreement with this practice. It's no big secret. Right or wrong, it's been one of Tech's Title IX defenses if need be. It will be interesting to see if it continues with this new hire.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    It's reflected in every budget increase for baseball and softball going back to Oakes' tenure. Both Sim and Randy Davis were very open about their disagreement with this practice. It's no big secret. Right or wrong, it's been one of Tech's Title IX defenses if need be. It will be interesting to see if it continues with this new hire.
    I expect the side deals to take care of him the way they took care of Goff.

How would not having Goff under contract have helped? Really strange that nobody knows what he was making here.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Really strange that nobody knows what he was making here.
    $110,000 - $130,000

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

How would not having Goff under contract have helped? Really strange that nobody knows what he was making here.
    I could see us not knowing about the free house in Squire Creek or free vehicle, or even the bonus from LTAC, but surely a base salary is listed somewhere since he is a state employee... right?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I could see us not knowing about the free house in Squire Creek or free vehicle, or even the bonus from LTAC, but surely a base salary is listed somewhere since he is a state employee... right?
    Isabella article said UL System did not have contract on file

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    $110,000 - $130,000
    Prove it. Media BS don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    FOIA would probably take care of it, but how simple would it be for our goof ball AD to just say what the deal is/was? Local journalists have been guessing for weeks. Most of us just assumed he was getting a better deal than Sim had, but nobody that I know of followed up after he was hired to check the contract. For the contract to have never been on the ULBoard agenda, it means he was on an annual deal like Sim had for the first four years or so he was here.

People praise our AD and he runs a friggin' super secret department. How stupid is it for him not to reply to the simple question," Why did we move the Arkansas game?" His lemmings will only say that "Arkansas made us."

Prove it. Media BS don't count.
    I could prove it but you would refute it anyway. Would you like to prove me wrong? Have at it!

I could prove it but you would refute it anyway. Would you like to prove me wrong? Have at it!
    I already have. There is/was not contract for Goff. Therefore there is no known salary. If you can find a contract you prove me wrong. Otherwise you are just regurgitating BS uttered by our local media who just learned here on THE BBB that he didn't have a contract.

I already have. There is/was not contract for Goff. Therefore there is no known salary. If you can find a contract you prove me wrong. Otherwise you are just regurgitating BS uttered by our local media who just learned here on THE BBB that he didn't have a contract.
    What to YOU speculate he made annually? Please don't reply with a BS reply.

What to YOU speculate he made annually? Please don't reply with a BS reply.
    I said nobody knows. You came back with a made up number from the press.

I said from the get go that his total package was worth much more than what the 4x Bama figure would have put it at.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

The figure I saw was $110,000. That was the base salary. I have no clue about any side deals that supplemented his income (and I don't want to hear anything about his camps; every coach has those).
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

+ Reply to Thread