+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Burroughs to replace Goff - TNS

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Christian Ostrander

Chandler Hall's parting quote was interesting: ""Goff leaving was a big part of it. But through a lot of prayer I felt like this is the path that Goff wants me to be on. After not getting drafted I was down in the dumps so I picked up on my prayer life and God really showed me that he had better things in store for me," Hall told The News-Star on Friday.

I'm thinking the second "Goff" might be a typo and should be "God."
    Particularly since Isabella also wrote Hall was "he first causality from Greg Goff's departure."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    So is mine. He has head coaching experience. He is a leader. He did an outstanding job with our pitching staff. He is our guy!
    Sounds good to me if Coach likes and wants him.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    So is mine. He has head coaching experience. He is a leader. He did an outstanding job with our pitching staff. He is our guy!
    I was very proud and impressed with that pitching staff in the regionals. They were so good I honestly thought we had a better pitching performance in Starkville than any other team. Obviously, Goff brought in more skilled players. Maybe they practiced more diligently. They made routine plays in the field and were dangerous offensively. But the most stark improvement was with the pitchers. If Ostrander gets the job, would he still primarily work with the pitchers?
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    McCarty, not so much.

Yes he has offered both Ostrander and our hitting coach. Hulse is already gone.
    Why not McCarty?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Why not McCarty?
    Just my personal choice. I'd rather have a guy with HC experience and a guy all the players already know.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Why not McCarty?
    May end at Bama if Ostrander stays at Tech
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I want a coach that says, "while I'm here, I will do all I can to make this program the best in conference and a regional contender every year."

Be reasonable and don't promise to "stay the course", "build something special", or "all in and I love Ruston". That will make me happy. I have never promised to stay in a job "no matter what". I have really enjoyed several jobs, but no job is perfect or worth promising that I am married to them.
    Most of our jobs don't include frequent cameras in our faces and constant questions from reporters. Imagine your very best or very worst day at work and someone asking you, in the midst of your high/low emotions "How do you feel about this? Is this the best/worst moment of your career? How much do you love/hate your colleagues right now?"

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    May end at Bama if Ostrander stays at Tech
    Would Ostrander make more as an Asst for Goff or HD at Tech? Does anyone have a feel of how any of this may be playing out at this point?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    Would Ostrander make more as an Asst for Goff or HD at Tech? Does anyone have a feel of how any of this may be playing out at this point?
    More as HC at Tech in salary alone, but also much more in perks.

He is in his early 40s. I'd think a HC spot here would be much more attractive than a PC spot at a lower tier SEC school

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

More as HC at Tech in salary alone, but also much more in perks.

He is in his early 40s. I'd think a HC spot here would be much more attractive than a PC spot at a lower tier SEC school
    if he gets a choice he will be the HC at LATech.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Andy Cannizaro

JFord is citing sources that say LSU recruiting coordinator and hitting coach Andy Cannizaro is interested in the Tech baseball opening. I get the interest in Ostrander to keep recruits and the returning players on board. However, Cannizaro would bring huge name recognition to the job and would be a great recruiter. I know one recent Tech commitment "would love it" if Cannizaro became the new coach.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Re: Andy Cannizaro

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    JFord is citing sources that say LSU recruiting coordinator and hitting coach Andy Cannizaro is interested in the Tech baseball opening. I get the interest in Ostrander to keep recruits and the returning players on board. However, Cannizaro would bring huge name recognition to the job and would be a great recruiter. I know one recent Tech commitment "would love it" if Cannizaro became the new coach.
    Oz would be great as an HC. He has proven he can coach to win. He is desired for much more than maintaining team chemistry.

Has Andy Cannizaro ever been a HC. Just being a coach at lsu is not a big deal.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

He coached a travel ball team. That's it.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Oz would be great as an HC. He has proven he can coach to win. He is desired for much more than maintaining team chemistry.

Has Andy Cannizaro ever been a HC. Just being a coach at lsu is not a big deal.
    If that were the only thing on his resume, I'd agree with you. But it's not. There are plenty of examples of former major leaguers becoming coaches, both good and bad. Cannizaro played in the bigs, was an MLB scout and has been an assistant at LSU. His resume is pretty dang good. FYI: Steve Kerr had never been a head coach or assistant (he'd been a GM and an announcer) prior to taking over in Golden State. He's one win away from winning back-to-back championships in his first two seasons. (Note: I'm not saying that Cannizaro will be Kerr. Just that playing a sport at the highest level counts for something.)
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

+ Reply to Thread