+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baseball. LA Tech Sets Wednesday Press Conference to Name Lane Burroughs Head Basebal

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Re: Baseball. LA Tech Sets Wednesday Press Conference to Name Lane Burroughs Head Bas

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    He was exactly .500 in four years: 113-113 at NSU. I mean, really? Can't even win in the SLC? Yeah, I know baseball is a little different from football and hoops, and yeah, there is "good" baseball played in a lot of places, including the SLC. But...seems to me we could have done better. I don't think TMAC tried very hard on this one.
    The .500 record is a little deceiving. You have to throw out the first year, when NSU won just 16 games, because the program was in such terrible shape when Burroughs took over. Should Goff be judged by having a below .500 record in his first year at Tech after taking over a program in terrible shape? No. We judge him by this past season. Burroughs has been a consistent winner over the past three years. The Demons won 30-plus games each year, and while they didn't make the tourney, they were on the brink. The Southland is a good league, and NSU finished tied for third in that league this year. That's after finishing second in 2015 and tied for third in 2014. I think we'd be happy with that kind of consistency in Conference USA, and if Burroughs is that good in league play, we'll be in position to go to a regional every year.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

Re: Baseball. LA Tech Sets Wednesday Press Conference to Name Lane Burroughs Head Bas

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    The reaction from the few Demon faithful -

http://nsudemons.proboards.com/threa...lane-burroughs
    "I'm just sick of losing coaches to effing LaTech...seems intentional."

Puppy 214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Yes. We all know how stats can be used for or against a coach. Goff was 27-32 in C-USA. What was Alabama thinking???

NSU has been a launching pad for some good, or in some instances, great coaches (Gaspard, Wells, Van Horn, Cohen). We don't know yet whether Burroughs will have the same fate, and we are in the odd position of hoping he will, but won't bolt at the first chance.
    You forgot Mike Bianco and Rob Childress

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We got an echo up in here.

BTW, I have not seen a mention of Goff's lack of commitment to a Bama series in the future. He pretty much dodged the question when Deitrich asked him about the possibility yesterday.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    You have no clue about anything regarding this guy. Please just be quiet. NWST is a s*** school to go to and outside of his first year when he went 16-40, he has won over 30 games and at least 19 games in conference. Good recruiter, fiery like Goff, and just looking at NSU stats they play the same style that we have been playing but with far less quality players. They stole a lot of bases and got hit by a lot of pitches and pitched to a 3.01 era this past season. I like this hire, especially with Ostrander staying on board as well.
    Okay, how many NSU games have you seen with LB as coach? And no, I won't "please just be quiet" Mr. Kool-Aid drinker.

I know this, Demon Nation thinks they have lost a good baseball coach to us. They are quite upset by this turn of events.

Last word on this....for now. The deed is done. I HOPE Lane Burroughs turns out to be a good hire for Tech baseball.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    The reaction from the few Demon faithful -

http://nsudemons.proboards.com/threa...lane-burroughs
    That's some weird people. Especially that administrator. He's an idiot. And he's acting all butt hurt.

We don't mind you coming over here talking a little smack, but if you're going to do so, at least do your homework. Northwestern State is as Division I in every sport, save football, where there is an FCS/FBS designation (1-A and 1-AA designations are gone, by the way), as La Tech or LSU, for that matter (only we don't try to emulate LSU ... we know our place). It kills you Tech boys to readily admit this, but it's a fact, so suck it up. You're not any better than we are buddy and everyone in the state knows it, but y'all. You just have a little more money than we do. BTW, when are y'all going to get tired of pissing into the wind at that special "D-1" status? I am around LSU fans all the time and they laugh hilariously at your attempted "D-1" prowess (delusion). Enjoy Coach Burroughs because he'll be poached by someone else in three or four years. -- NSU Administrator, purplestorm.
    Hey....this NSU administrator is important. He's "around LSU fans all the time". And he's outwardly proud of it.

Of course, the jerk had no idea he's was directing his ire at a Ragin Cajun, and not a LA Tech guy.

Well, at least they "know their place".
    Last edited by HogDawg; 06-21-2016 at 05:40 PM.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Reminder!

Lane Burroughs Press Conference
    Time: 11:45 a.m
    Location: Jarrell Room (Team Meeting Room) of the Davison Athletics Complex
    Live Stream: LA Tech All-Access

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    We got an echo up in here.

BTW, I have not seen a mention of Goff's lack of commitment to a Bama series in the future. He pretty much dodged the question when Deitrich asked him about the possibility yesterday.
    I listened to the interview last night and it sounded to me like he felt like it would happen.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Okay, how many NSU games have you seen with LB as coach? And no, I won't "please just be quiet" Mr. Kool-Aid drinker.

I know this, Demon Nation thinks they have lost a good baseball coach to us. They are quite upset by this turn of events.

Last word on this....for now. The deed is done. I HOPE Lane Burroughs turns out to be a good hire for Tech baseball.
    I'm not drinking any Kool-Aid, big shot. I'm telling you what he has done, and I believe it will translate well here. I have seen him coach quite a few games, not just against Tech. Have you ever been to Natchitoches? That place freaking sucks. If you can win there, you're a pretty good coach.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

. Have you ever been to Natchitoches? That place freaking sucks.
    I do like their meat pies tho

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    I do like their meat pies tho
    Yes
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Have you ever been to Natchitoches? That place freaking sucks. If you can win there, you're a pretty good coach.
    Oh boy, here it comes.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Oh boy, here it comes.
    LOL! Exactly what I was thinking.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

doesn't d80 live down in Natchitoches?

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    doesn't d80 live down in Natchitoches?
    He likes soccer too...

+ Reply to Thread