+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Rid of Cable Just got EASIER!

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Getting Rid of Cable Just got EASIER!

Thanks for that. Have wanted to check out this cord cutting but didn't know how to start.

I did a search for broadcaster antennas expecting to see 3, 6 & 12 out of Shreveport. To my surprise the map showed no broadcasters reaching Minden. I guess either they don't broadcast that way any more or push a lot less signal. I like to get the local news & thats been a deterrent to cutting the cord. But recently I noticed ksla saying they are available on Roku. If ktbs will follow suit maybe cord cutting is possible.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Thanks for that. Have wanted to check out this cord cutting but didn't know how to start.

I did a search for broadcaster antennas expecting to see 3, 6 & 12 out of Shreveport. To my surprise the map showed no broadcasters reaching Minden. I guess either they don't broadcast that way any more or push a lot less signal. I like to get the local news & thats been a deterrent to cutting the cord. But recently I noticed ksla saying they are available on Roku. If ktbs will follow suit maybe cord cutting is possible.
    KSLA is on roku. They are also on PS Vue. Abc, nbc & fox are on demand- no local news.

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

I get 3 & 12 at my camp in Bryceland so you're good with an external antenna

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Here's a good breakdown of services available: 1) What device is each service available? 2) What channels?

http://cordcuttersnews.com/fubo-tv-v...tube-tv-break/

If you are looking to cut the cord, my advice is try a free trial first.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Here's a good breakdown of services available: 1) What device is each service available? 2) What channels?

http://cordcuttersnews.com/fubo-tv-v...tube-tv-break/

If you are looking to cut the cord, my advice is try a free trial first.
    ...and make sure you have a reliable and affordable ISP.

CenturyLink just released their product

http://cordcuttersnews.com/centuryll...aming-service/

. It’s available today on Roku players and Roku TVs in the U.S. The service will also work on phones and tablets along with Laptops and PCs. You can even buy a CenturyLink branded Android TV player that is special built for the service.
    The Ultimate package, priced at $45/month, features more than 45 channels, including local ABC NBC, Telemundo, UniMás s, and Univision stations in select marketsand national channels, including A&E, CNBC, Discovery Channel, Disney Channel, ESPN, Food Network, HGTV, HISTORY, MSNBC and USA. New and existing CenturyLink High-Speed Internet (HSI) customers are eligible to receive a $5 monthly discount off the $45 Ultimate package price.

Sports Wise
    Has: ESPN, SEC Net, Pac 12 Net, Longhorn, NBC Sports: Sports Extra ($10) has beIN
    Does NOT Have: Fox Sports (any), CBS SPorts

https://www.centurylinkstream.com/ch...sportsCollapse

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Is their HSI even available here locally? I know some businesses have it, but how do residential customers get it?

Edit: They are not the ISP. The cost is over and above any current cost customers pay for internet service.

Might be good for folks with unlimited phone data.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

I found this, FuboTV, that is more sports oriented. This is the first I've heard of it and the reviews are that it is still limited in its offering.

https://www.fubo.tv/welcome/channels

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    I found this, FuboTV, that is more sports oriented. This is the first I've heard of it and the reviews are that it is still limited in its offering.

https://www.fubo.tv/welcome/channels
    Fubon doesn't have ESPN or CBS Sports

Fubo & Playstation Vue have CBS Sports Net

Comcast has a new service in BETA for Comcast Internet users only http://cordcuttersnews.com/comcast-a...ting-18-month/

Looks a lot like crappy cable to me - $18 + 30 + 15 + 10= 73. I get the same stuff (except Discovery's channels and Viacom) for $45 with PS Vue.

The service starts with a $18 a month core package that includes locals like ABC, FOX, and NBC. You will also find C-Span, QVC, and HSN. From there you can add additional packages on top of the $18 a month core package to get more channels.
    Here are all the add-ons Comcast currently offers:
    • Sports and News ($30 per month): CNBC, CNN, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, ESPNU, Fox Business, Fox News, Fox Sports 1, Golf Channel, MSNBC, NBC Sports, NFL Network and regional sports networks based on market.
    • Entertainment ($15 per month): A&E, AMC, Animal Planet, BET, Bravo, Comedy Central, Discovery Channel, E!, Food Network, FX, FXX, Hallmark Channel, History, HGTV, Lifetime, OWN, Syfy, TBS, TNT, TV One, USA, VH1.
    • Kids and Family ($10 per month): Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, Freeform, MTV, National Geographic Channel, Nick Jr., Nickelodeon, NickToons, Universal Kids, TeenNick, TLC.
    • Latino ($5 per month): BabyFirst, CNN en Español,Cine Dinamita, Cine Latino, Cine Mexicano, Cine Sony Television, Discovery Familia, Discovery en Español, Galavisión, History en Español, Pasiones, Viendo Movies, Vme Kids.
    • Deportes ($7 per month): beIN, beINñ, ESPN Deportes, Fox Deportes, LAS, NBCUniverso, Univision tDN. (Telemundo, Unimas and Univision are provided when not included in the broadcast tier)
    So if you want ESPN the Comcast package will cost you $48 a month plus taxes.

Anybody have the AT&T/Direct TV combo. I know there are some catches, but the unlimited streaming from your AT&T device is attractive to those of us who have dealt with lost satellite signals and expensive internet access.

My first question would be, do I have to upgrade my current AT&T phone package?

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Anybody have the AT&T/Direct TV combo. I know there are some catches, but the unlimited streaming from your AT&T device is attractive to those of us who have dealt with lost satellite signals and expensive internet access.

My first question would be, do I have to upgrade my current AT&T phone package?
    I believe you have to have an "Unlimited" wireless package. Not sure of the cost

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I believe you have to have an "Unlimited" wireless package. Not sure of the cost
    Yes, they confirmed I must have one of the unlimited plans.

My AT&T plan has four devices and I'm paying approximately $200 for 20gb data which has been plenty with 2 teenagers.

I can go to the Unlimited Choice plan for an extra $5/month or...

I can go to the Unlimited Plus plan for an extra $35/month (this one includes a hotspot)

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Yes, they confirmed I must have one of the unlimited plans.

My AT&T plan has four devices and I'm paying approximately $200 for 20gb data which has been plenty with 2 teenagers.

I can go to the Unlimited Choice plan for an extra $5/month or...

I can go to the Unlimited Plus plan for an extra $35/month (this one includes a hotspot)

What do you think?
    If you can drop the internet cost, then it's worth it with hotspot.

I think I've seen some ads : unlimited with 4 lines, with 1 yr Directvnow included & hbo for life for $160

+ Reply to Thread