+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Getting Rid of Cable Just got EASIER!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Getting Rid of Cable Just got EASIER!

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    What do you think?
    I think Tech should play nlu in football.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/cent...vice-shutting/

CenturyLink’s Live TV Streaming Service is Shutting Down

by Luke Bouma on February 21, 2018 in All News, News

For the first time since Sling TV launched a major live TV streaming service is shutting down. Today CenturyLink announced that they will be shutting down their live TV streaming service.
    Effective March 31st 2018 the service will shut down.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

If you been thinking of cutting the cord, but don't know what streaming service to pick, here is a great site https://www.suppose.tv

You can use different filters to determine what service(s) is(are) the best fit for you and the monthly cost.

Filter Options - Devices - DVR - Channels, etc

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

sportdawg, I have three "streaming" devices - a Sumsung Blue Ray Player, a Sony Blue Ray Player and a Phillips TV. At least they all have WiFi which lets me get HULU, Netflix etc. I am thinking about HULU live for about $50/mo which includes the regular HULU, too. Do you have any experience with them? Especially the sports channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    sportdawg, I have three "streaming" devices - a Sumsung Blue Ray Player, a Sony Blue Ray Player and a Phillips TV. At least they all have WiFi which lets me get HULU, Netflix etc. I am thinking about HULU live for about $50/mo which includes the regular HULU, too. Do you have any experience with them? Especially the sports channels.
    My in-laws just signed up for Hulu w/ Live TV. I haven't played around with it much. But here are my quick thoughts (All of this was on a ROKU, so I don't know if the format is different onyour setup) - it doesn't have a traditional "TV Guide" if you need that type of thing. It has a list of channels and underneath shows what's on.

We watch the Michigan/Loyola Chicago game on Hulu and everything was fine.

In Houston, it looks like you get all of your locals.
    For Tech Sports - it comes with CBS Sports Net & SEC Network (which we'll probably have 2 games there next year). It does not have beIN sports if we play there - but you can get a free Sling Trial to watch. It does not have AT&T Sportsnet SW if you're a Astros/Rockets fan, but it does have Fox Sports SW if you're a Rangers fan.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I also see you can watch on two devices at one time. I find Netflix funny. If the Sony device is on first I can watch on my Samsung, but not vice versa.
    My wife has a lot of recorded on U-verse right now so we are kind of waiting until she's seen all she wants. I see that HULU has some free Cloud recording but I am thinking about a TiVO. I already have one antenna and it gets super reception HD because we're only about 2-3 miles from the transmitters. We have bout 60 or 70 HD channels but I can't figure out what's on them. A lot of Indian and other ethnic groups - of course Hispanic.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Getting ready to pull the trigger and need to see about internet options in Shreveport. AT&T says they don't service my address with DSL in Shreve Island. I've got Comcast now and could stay with them for high speed, but is anyone familiar with any other services?

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Getting ready to pull the trigger and need to see about internet options in Shreveport. AT&T says they don't service my address with DSL in Shreve Island. I've got Comcast now and could stay with them for high speed, but is anyone familiar with any other services?
    Do you not have access AT&T Fiber (U-Verse) yet? I'd stick with comcast. Call them and tell them your switching to AT&T and they may reduce your bill.

I don't think we have access to any other providers.

I'm paying $70 for AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post

I'm paying $70 for AT&T.
    Is that just for internet?

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Question for the tech wizards. I've got a 10 yr old Sony 52" with a matched Sony theater system. The interface to the internet is cumbersome but I'm use to it so it's been fine. The picture and sound are excellent. With all these different streaming option I'm wondering if it's time to update and get new equipment? Are the new TV/internet interfaces truly easier to use? Or maybe there are things on the horizon that would make waiting a little longer the thing to do.

(Not an Apple guy and too invested in Android to swap over, so Apple TV isn't an option)

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Question for the tech wizards. I've got a 10 yr old Sony 52" with a matched Sony theater system. The interface to the internet is cumbersome but I'm use to it so it's been fine. The picture and sound are excellent. With all these different streaming options that are available now, I'm wondering if it's time to update and get new equipment? Are the new TV/internet interfaces truly easier to use? Or maybe there are things on the horizon that would make waiting a little longer the thing to do.

(Not an Apple guy and too invested in Android to swap over, so Apple TV isn't an option)

Thanks in advance.
    I use ROKU on all my TVs. I love it. Pretty easy to learn how to use and LOTS of channel options (they don't call them apps).

Here are some how to use videos https://support.roku.com/category/20...etting-started

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Just found out KTBS will be rolling out their Roku app in about 2 weeks. Think it may be time to cut that cord.

A huge part of cutting the cord is buying a decent antenna. If you go to Antenna Web, you can put in your address to determine what type of antenna you need. You can usually get ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, PBS and CW in your area, plus all the subchannels of those.

Here is the Minden report https://antennaweb.org/Stations?Addr...de=-93.2886169

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

As long as I can juke fake news and get my hannity fix I’m staying great

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    A huge part of cutting the cord is buying a decent antenna. If you go to Antenna Web, you can put in your address to determine what type of antenna you need. You can usually get ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, PBS and CW in your area, plus all the subchannels of those.

Here is the Minden report https://antennaweb.org/Stations?Addr...de=-93.2886169
    Yeah, checked that out a while back. Even with a 30' tower I get no signal from any station anywhere. That's why I've been waiting for the Roku app for KTBS. I didn't want to be limited to just KSLA.

I expect I'll pick up a Roku Ultra in the next week or two.

+ Reply to Thread