+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So I get this email to renew my LTAC membership

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Re: So I get this email to renew my LTAC membership

Note the careful wording. It doesn't say it's new, just says it's guaranteed.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I quoted TNS article which quoted our AD.
    Yes, thats what the article says but it he either misunderstood a question or was misquoted. That contract with Learfield is 3-4yrs old with several yrs to go and is what one poster has said is a guaranteed revenue stream of $655,000 annually. They worked that out some way through the La Tech Foundation.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Some of the wording is "not so careful".

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    Some of the wording is "not so careful".

That's not who we are.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The article at least implies that the new "Cost of Attendance" will add to budget cost this year. It won't. It is being paid for with private funds and by C-USA.

Tech is using private funds to cover a majority of the cost, according to Tech athletic director Tommy McClelland. Additional money will come from the league.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The "business logic" of including it as a new expense?

even though cost of attendance is primarily coming from private funds, it's still a new cost in the sense that the money could be used elsewhere.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

That's Government Spending 100.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    The "business logic" of including it as a new expense?

even though cost of attendance is primarily coming from private funds, it's still a new cost in the sense that the money could be used elsewhere.
    It's also a continuing and likely growing​ expense, which may or may not be true of the private funds.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    It's also a continuing and likely growing​ expense, which may or may not be true of the private funds.
    Of course, but the article is about this year not future years. I believe I read the C-USA kick-in is for three years.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Does the article say how much we benefit from the TAC video board/scorer's table ad revenue source?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Does the article say how much we benefit from the TAC video board/scorer's table ad revenue source?
    I may be mistaken but Learfield, in contracting for our media rights, gets all the revenue until their income reaches a certain amount at which time the excess is then shared.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    I may be mistaken but Learfield, in contracting for our media rights, gets all the revenue until their income reaches a certain amount at which time the excess is then shared.
    So, what was the difference in the original contract revenue and that of the revised contract signed during this past basketball season?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    So, what was the difference in the original contract revenue and that of the revised contract signed during this past basketball season?
    Basically none. I think the revisions would refer to technicalities and future streaming, etc which might provide some POTENTIAL increase.

He must have used his Arkansas and SCSt negotiating skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    Basically none. I think the revisions would refer to technicalities and future streaming, etc which might provide some POTENTIAL increase.
    I would venture to say the latest Learfield contract/revision/update was done before the current streaming concept was popularized. I'm sure the language is in there, but the I'd say the update was triggered by TAC improvements. Kudos to Learfield for agreeing.

+ Reply to Thread