+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So I get this email to renew my LTAC membership

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: So I get this email to renew my LTAC membership

Quote Originally Posted by nthedawghouse View Post
    Being a Bulldog fan requires hard work and dedication! We can't take any chances that a casual fan might want to join our ranks!

I just took a peek at the "New look" of our athletics web page. 7 pictures rotating through the opening sequence. 1 of them is blank, 1 of them announces an event that happened days ago, and one of them has the Mississippi State Logo prominently displayed (I know it was a picture of the players, but the picture could have easily been cropped if anyone had been paying attention!

I am not a marketing person. Volumes could be written about what I don't know about marketing. But I am a consumer! I know I like consistency. I like knowing that I can get accurate information in one location. I'm with Bayou Dawg in finding that difficult. I know I like wearing my team colors. Remember "Tech Fans Wear Blue". How long did we work to achieve that??? Wiped out in two years. At various athletic events in the past two years I've been given, red, blue, white, green, pink, and gray t-shirts! And our uniforms?!? Black! Seriously! Some people worry about the color of the T on helmets, and I get it, but holy cow, I don't get black and grey travel unis!

I also know I don't like feeling gouged! As a very frequent attendee and season ticket holder to multiple sports, I think I ought to get a DISCOUNT for buying more seats than I need for multiple sports. Instead, I MUST pay a premium for seats that I have had for 30 years! That doesn't make me feel very appreciated!

I know, I'm old! And that makes it hard to change. I admit it. But I also know that we do a haphazard job, at best, of marketing our athletics events. Every time one of the boys has an idea, we run with it, no matter the long term consequence.

I love the Bulldogs and the Techsters, and I will be in the stands long after this administration is gone. But they sure to make being a loyal fan harder than it needs to be!
    Great post.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

...we have a house full of minor league folks and expect major league results...it ain't ever gonna happen with the bunch that's there now.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    ...we have a house full of minor league folks and expect major league results...it ain't ever gonna happen with the bunch that's there now.
    Excellent observation!!! Another way to put it....You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s_it!!

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Excellent observation!!! Another way to put it....You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s_it!!
    Our AD and his crew can make chicken shit out of chicken salad.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donw View Post
    our ad and his crew can make chicken shit out of chicken salad.
    lmao!!!! Rof!!!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

I want an athletic program that makes me proud of Football -Basketball . Baseball is a bonus. By extension the AD and staff are judged by me on qualify of those programs .... as usual I am so out of touch with what is upsetting folks except the Summit hire. I just buy 3 tickets each yr for the 3 sports and try and bump my contribution to LTAC- TAG and and Academics each yr. Maybe if I knew what you guys know I would be upset and find other things to support ... my final post til football practice starts .. I seem to irritate folks with my Alfred E Newman attitude....but I really enjoy most of you because we share a mutual passion.....

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    I want an athletic program that makes me proud of Football -Basketball . Baseball is a bonus. By extension the AD and staff are judged by me on qualify of those programs .... as usual I am so out of touch with what is upsetting folks except the Summit hire. I just buy 3 tickets each yr for the 3 sports and try and bump my contribution to LTAC- TAG and and Academics each yr. Maybe if I knew what you guys know I would be upset and find other things to support ... my final post til football practice starts .. I seem to irritate folks with my Alfred E Newman attitude....but I really enjoy most of you because we share a mutual passion.....
    You're no fun. ��
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Went to pay my football season ticket renewal on-line and there is no invoice in my account...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nthedawghouse View Post
    Being a Bulldog fan requires hard work and dedication! We can't take any chances that a casual fan might want to join our ranks!

I just took a peek at the "New look" of our athletics web page. 7 pictures rotating through the opening sequence. 1 of them is blank, 1 of them announces an event that happened days ago, and one of them has the Mississippi State Logo prominently displayed (I know it was a picture of the players, but the picture could have easily been cropped if anyone had been paying attention!

I am not a marketing person. Volumes could be written about what I don't know about marketing. But I am a consumer! I know I like consistency. I like knowing that I can get accurate information in one location. I'm with Bayou Dawg in finding that difficult. I know I like wearing my team colors. Remember "Tech Fans Wear Blue". How long did we work to achieve that??? Wiped out in two years. At various athletic events in the past two years I've been given, red, blue, white, green, pink, and gray t-shirts! And our uniforms?!? Black! Seriously! Some people worry about the color of the T on helmets, and I get it, but holy cow, I don't get black and grey travel unis!

I also know I don't like feeling gouged! As a very frequent attendee and season ticket holder to multiple sports, I think I ought to get a DISCOUNT for buying more seats than I need for multiple sports. Instead, I MUST pay a premium for seats that I have had for 30 years! That doesn't make me feel very appreciated!

I know, I'm old! And that makes it hard to change. I admit it. But I also know that we do a haphazard job, at best, of marketing our athletics events. Every time one of the boys has an idea, we run with it, no matter the long term consequence.

I love the Bulldogs and the Techsters, and I will be in the stands long after this administration is gone. But they sure to make being a loyal fan harder than it needs to be!
    To echo what HD said, this is a great post. One of our biggest issues with marketing and promotions and to a certain degree gameday operations is a lack of institutional memory. We solve problems or work years to improve on our weaknesses and build on our strengths and with every new hire at certain positions much of that work is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    To echo what HD said, this is a great post. One of our biggest issues with marketing and promotions and to a certain degree gameday operations is a lack of institutional memory. We solve problems or work years to improve on our weaknesses and build on our strengths and with every new hire at certain positions much of that work is lost.
    Yep, a whole new world....all the way back to square one!

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

We main a 75% solution. We get MOST things right, but the things we get wrong----LIKE MAINTAINING websites---really make us look bush league and second tier. So....SO.....SO......unacceptable.

I will one up you guys: I sent in a note two days, asking how I could UP my LTAC level and no one has gotten back with me. I did it as a bit of a science test. I'm trying to give the university money, and no one is following up. I am perplexed......at best

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens View Post
    We main a 75% solution. We get MOST things right, but the things we get wrong----LIKE MAINTAINING websites---really make us look bush league and second tier. So....SO.....SO......unacceptable.

I will one up you guys: I sent in a note two days, asking how I could UP my LTAC level and no one has gotten back with me. I did it as a bit of a science test. I'm trying to give the university money, and no one is following up. I am perplexed......at best
    Been that way for years with Learfield, but there is no excuse for LTAC. Only a few hundred LTAC members. Many of us have that many contacts in our phone.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    Some of the wording is "not so careful".

Some things do change.

http://www.latechalumni.org/s/810/in...gid=1&pgid=913

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, so they changed the typo, but couldn't update the dates. Sheesh!

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

He's only a year behind!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread