+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mind changed about One and Done

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Mind changed about One and Done

Listened to just a bit of Mike and Mike this morning on ESPN. John Sally (sp?) was on with them. I used to feel like guys should go straight to the league or stay for 4 years. After listening to them I feel differently. Let kids live with their decisions. If they make bad choices with their money or career and go broke, that is on them. They can choose to stay in school and take courses geared toward money management so they have better knowledge. I realized that my desire for them to stay 4 years was more of a liberal opinion. Making them stay 4 years would be protecting/insulating them from bad decisions. Allowing them to leave and live with their decisions is much more of a conservative stance in my view.

Also, I do believe smart guys like Mark Sanchez are fooled all the time. Just getting the degree doesn't mean you are immune.

Didn't mean for the thoughts to drift politically, but it is what it is. Sorry if this belongs somewhere else.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Mind changed about One and Done

My position on the issue is that while most of the discussion on the topic is from the college perspective (usually from coaches or fans). I don't think it's a college issue at all. It's the pro leagues that control this stuff. The fact that MLB can have their specific rules with the either/or option or that basketball can get away with requiring even a year or the NFL with 2 is surprising to me.

But for once, it's not the NCAA (other than from a complaining/advocacy role) being restrictive where they may not have the right.

+ Reply to Thread