+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you improve the product (entertainment value) of LaTech football?

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: How would you improve the product (entertainment value) of LaTech football?

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    Sell beer. To me, the potential pros outweigh the cons.

Step 1- Have a zero tolerance policy for any kind of aggressive behavior in the stands.
    Step 2- Take all possible measure to prevent underage drinking.
    Step 3- ?????
    Step 4- Profit.
    I would be in favor of beer sales, but fear I would be the first one thrown out for standing up in front of grampaw too long during the game. Hell, I've been given the evil eye by just cheering loud (while sober).

I'm just not sure Ruston is ready for beer in the stadium

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Amen!!!!!!
    I give beyond the required donation, but I don't think it should be a requirement. I want to see a full and loud stadium at each game (not just marquee game). That will improve the game day experience for me.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I would be in favor of beer sales, but fear I would be the first one thrown out for standing up in front of grampaw too long during the game. Hell, I've been given the evil eye by just cheering loud (while sober).

Well, they had better get with the times because it's a competition in the entertainment business. There are people who would rather watch a game at a bar/grill with a beer than watch one live empty handed. I mean, they sell them at baseball games for goodness sake! It doesn't lead to all out debauchery.

I think timely hype videos and replays on the jumbotron can help engage the crowd. But you need to turn it up some imo! Just take notes for how the bigger schools use their video boards and their older fans still attend the games. You have to cater the product to a younger audience if you want excitement/energy.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to see some fresh ideas for crowd participation using the video board.
    I would like our band to get updated sheet music.
    I would like Aramark to find a way to ice down enough drinks before kickoff to prevent anyone from getting a warm beverage-even into the 4th quarter.
    I know I am in the extreme minority on this, so you don't have to throw stones......I would like to see the JAS/TAC parking lot used for parking. Move all tailgating and RV parking to the area where the dorms were torn down across the RR tracks. Provide shuttle/cart services from tailgate area to stadium and back after the game. Use the rugby field as tailgate area. Spray paint sections that can be reserved by the game or season.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Parking should be sold to the highest bidder imo. If people want to park there (and not tailgate) make them pay for it. The demand should determine the price.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

When I pay for a B level parking space but can't make a 6:00 game until 5:00 because of a last minute work project, I want to be able to park in me area.....not told that the spots are all gone.

Don't screw me on season ticket sales like this year....I took it and paid the money....but is is a screwing for the year after year fans.

Get LTAC straightened out already - to many gaps in giving levels, not enough perks to make donors think about the next level up.

6:00 Saturday kickoffs - anything else and our administration should tell someone to go jump off a cliff....we know the CUSA TV money is not worth it. I want my LaTech home football games at 6:00.

Don't book an away game in Little Rock then lose your fortitude and move it to an on campus game. What a shame for us north LA Tech fans.

Home scheduling MUST get better. 2015 was ok but we need to be improving on that....not sliding down the 5 home game path.

Overstock on water and ice for August and September home game....it will be sold and it will be appreciated.

Stop with the travel ball youth baseball teams working the concession stands.....they are a disaster.

The entire food and beverage situation has to be reevaluated.

Stop with the band walking around JAS for their little pep songs - that lost any appeal 15 years ago.

The sound system has to be improved.

Puppy 214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough

This exact scenario happened to me at the Heart of Dallas Bowl. Had some leverage cause grandpa was sitting in our seats and we were nice enough to snag the row in front of him. I think his line was "y'all need to either sit down or go get another beer you drunks".

Puppy 214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough214Westwood is a jewel in the rough

Also, if you don't think the booze is already flowing fairly heavy in the stadium just go take a quick walk through the student section. It's going to be there whether you sell it for Tech benefit or not

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I know an excellent way to improve the game day experience. Take out all the seats so everyone has to stand (including the high paying boxes) the whole game. Then you would get rid of all of us "grampaws". We would rather stay home and watch the game on TV anyway.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post

Stop with the travel ball youth baseball teams working the concession stands.....they are a disaster.
    Nice try. The 2 years our West Monroe team parents ran one of the side west side stands. The service was provided, the sales were made, the drinks were cold. WE were the ones to suggest the satellite drink tank stations. Next year we were asked to handle the middle. Then, we were booted Year 3 cuz a Lincoln Parish group wanted in on our gig.

So, yeah, screen your groups better. Paid college students by Aramark showed me this year at The Joe, The TAC and The Shack they are NOT that motivated to provide quick service.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I know an excellent way to improve the game day experience. Take out all the seats so everyone has to stand (including the high paying boxes) the whole game. Then you would get rid of all of us "grampaws". We would rather stay home and watch the game on TV anyway.

I have said many times that we sit among several long standing supporters and I accommodate them whenever they make a game. I sit by them and help them stand when they want to stand and sit so they can see. I am just as loud as anyone else in the stadium, but somehow I manage to do that sitting down. Not sure how the Lord makes my lungs work from a seated position, but there you go. My dad will be one of those old farts soon enough and I hope people pay him the same courtesy. After 40 years of buying season tickets for 2 sports, I think he has earned it. Also, I hope to be there one day same as him. Are we or those other fans I sit with better than anyone else, certainly not. However, common courtesy and respect seems to be a thing of the past.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Play northeast.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Here's a promotion that is sure to pack 'em in, at least for one game:

Have everyone who has served as Champ return in costume for a game. How many former Champs are still living? Several dozen? Can ya imagine 30 Champs turned loose in Aillet! Wow!

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I'd like to see some numbers on how much money might be made. Maybe we are missing out on a huge windfall.

As it stands right now we can't serve soft drinks in an orderly fashion. Who do y'all think can organize the new sales and why will it be any more organized than the current cluster?
    Enough of our competitors are now selling beer to where it would be easy to benchmark at this point to avoid the pitfalls. If I remember correctly, at UL-Lafayette beer is sold in its own concession area where it's easier to check ID. That keeps lines to a minimum and makes it easier to spot anyone that's had too many. I know UL-Lafayette makes six figures per year off of beer sales.

Also, the vast majority of schools that have instituted beer sales in the last 10 years have reported a decrease in alcohol related issues in the stands. The beer sales have led to decreasing numbers of fans who binge drink before entering the stadium or fans who sneak hard liquor into the stadium.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

I know this is from that other school, but in case you want to check out their discussion of this same thing:
    http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/l...dium/63988760/

+ Reply to Thread