+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you improve the product (entertainment value) of LaTech football?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

How would you improve the product (entertainment value) of LaTech football?

Obviously, alot of it centers around having a talented team that plays with a competitive spirit. That means we have to hire and retain good coaches who can recruit and develop good players. But beyond that, is there a particular order of preferences?

Tailgating and game day festivities around the stadium seems important. There have been significant strides in that area but factors like game time and weather seem to factor in.

The jumbotron has been a great addition in terms of the game experience. However, there have been some sound issues and less than seamless coordination with the Band. (I will say that I noticed the bands at both Auburn and Miss State conspicuously deferred to the music/video from their jumbotrons while the game was being played. Those bands were mostly highlighted pregame and during halftime.) Also, some of us prefer more progressive video and louder music while others prefer things quieter and benign.

I think the administration has addressed a niche by offering high level seating options to those with means (DAC, pressbox expansion). So that gives some comfortable options to the uppercrust. I believe student participation is a must because they often create the most enthusiasm in the stands. I don't know the best way to incentivize that population (winning, festive atmosphere, indoctrination).

There has been an obvious effort to bring in young families with the family packs. Kids also have pretty cool access to the spirit groups. I think better crowd interaction can be achieved through using the video board but there have been hints of it through the dancing competitions and similar gimmicks.

Facility improvements including concessions must continue to come along. People take pride in facilities and amenities. I think things like the DAC and pressbox create higher demand and more interest. I'm not sure what happened to the TV screens that used to be next to the concession stands but that was nice imo. We need to have high quality menu selections.

Need to consider beer sales in the stadium. Maybe a relatively cheap game day shirt for every home game would be nice (just donate the leftovers to schools). Need to look at bringing in higher quality OOC opponents or scheduling regional OOC interest (ULM, Grambling, ULL, NSU, Southern). I liked the "Bulldog country" promo. Maybe they could highlight a specific region or 2 for every home game and give discounted group tix and/or coupons for local businesses in that region (Shreveport/Bossier day, Monroe/West Monroe, Haughton/Minden/Benton/Ruston, etc.,...) What else???
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: How would you improve the product (entertainment value) of LaTech football?

Fans who enjoyed kids club and family packs have been squeezed to death. They are no longer the value deals they were when introduced. Comparing costs for 6 games vs. 5 games is the tell all.

Concessions run by Aramark are a problem. Always have been and always will be.

No to beer sales.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=maddawg;1594474

No to beer sales.[/QUOTE]

Lots of revenue to be lost. Try it in the high roller suite and see how it goes.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Fans who enjoyed kids club and family packs have been squeezed to death. They are no longer the value deals they were when introduced. Comparing costs for 6 games vs. 5 games is the tell all.

Concessions run by Aramark are a problem. Always have been and always will be.

No to beer sales.
    Why not sell beer? I'm genuinely curious.

I think they may be well served by admitting kids 13 and under with an adult. I would say all minors but it might be an issue with free admission to high school students. That said, there would need to be a way to tie each kid to a ticket holder to keep it from being drop off issue or supervision hassle.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I'd like to see some numbers on how much money might be made. Maybe we are missing out on a huge windfall.

As it stands right now we can't serve soft drinks in an orderly fashion. Who do y'all think can organize the new sales and why will it be any more organized than the current cluster?

I'd like to see some numbers on how much money might be made. Maybe we are missing out on a huge windfall.

As it stands right now we can't serve soft drinks in an orderly fashion. Who do y'all think can organize the new sales and why will it be any more organized than the current cluster?
    Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to have a booth with a few taps. I also don't think people will begin to get smashed through buying beer in the stadium. If folks want to get drunk, they will do it whether or not there is beer available for purchase inside. Now, if they charge a ridiculous amount per beer, most people will either go back out to their tailgate or just go without.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Coca-Cola United Bottlers ( http://cocacolaunited.com/our-compan...a-cola-united/ ) is the new Coke bottler for Louisiana, having bought out Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE).

Word is out United is ready to get back into the school market. Coca-Cola used to own the youth market in the South.

Is there a way for Tech to end its pouring contract and re-open the bidding process and get a better monetary deal that'll benefit all? I can't think of a better candidate for them to increase their market than to sell on the Tech campus.

We shall see.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

If we sold beer, college kids wouldn't have a mass exit at the end of the first half. A bunch of those idiots would spend tons of money buying beer throughout the game. I'm all for it.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Most college kids are under the legal drinking age of 21, or have they lowered it again while I wasn't looking? Normally you're only 21 your last year. I wasn't 21 until October of my senior year, but it didn't matter then.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, I'm for it. I would probably buy one at the game. I have at UH and I believe up at Kansas.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Sell beer. To me, the potential pros outweigh the cons.

Step 1- Have a zero tolerance policy for any kind of aggressive behavior in the stands.
    Step 2- Take all possible measure to prevent underage drinking.
    Step 3- ?????
    Step 4- Profit.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I personally would never buy a beer but I also will not stand in the way of someone else enjoying their adult beverage.

Sell it and make money!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Yup, need to fix our existing problems first.

What I would like to see done first...
    1. New Sound System, not sure what Daktronics installed in there, it sounds bad.
    2. Better and organized POS concession experience. I'm not sure how much training these volunteers get. It can look like a s*** show at times.
    3. Stop jacking up prices or donation requirement on existing season ticket holders. When we start filling the stadium above 85% capacity each game, I can see a reason to do so.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Most college kids are under the legal drinking age of 21, or have they lowered it again while I wasn't looking? Normally you're only 21 your last year. I wasn't 21 until October of my senior year, but it didn't matter then.
    Average degree these days takes 5.5 years to complete

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Yup, need to fix our existing problems first.

What I would like to see done first...
    1. New Sound System, not sure what Daktronics installed in there, it sounds bad.
    2. Better and organized POS concession experience. I'm not sure how much training these volunteers get. It can look like a s*** show at times.
    3. Stop jacking up prices or donation requirement on existing season ticket holders. When we start filling the stadium above 85% capacity each game, I can see a reason to do so.
    Amen!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread