+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: W. Soccer.2016- 2017 News

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

LaTech W. Soccer.2016- 2017 News

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech head coach Kevin Sherry, who begins his 10th season at the helm of Louisiana Tech soccer, announced Tuesday the 2016 fall schedule.

More...

Discuss it here.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: W. Soccer. LA Tech Soccer Unveils 2016 Schedule

Our final RPI last year was 146 out of 333 teams. Average RPI of OOC opponents this year is 240.

Date 2015 RPI Opponent / Event Location Time / Result
    08/19/16 94 vs. Murray State Ruston, La. 7:00 p.m. CT
    08/21/16 251 at Lamar Beaumont, Texas 7:00 p.m. CT
    08/24/16 267 vs. McNeese State Ruston, La. 6:00 p.m. CT
    08/26/16 241 vs. Mississippi Valley State Ruston, La. 7:00 p.m. CT
    08/28/16 248 vs. Arkansas State Ruston, La. 4:00 p.m. CT
    09/02/16 207 at Jacksonville State Jacksonville, Ala. 7:00 p.m. CT
    09/04/16 214 at Tennessee Tech Cookeville, Tenn. 1:00 p.m. CT
    09/09/16 250 vs. ULM Ruston, La. 7:00 p.m. CT
    09/11/16 296 at Nicholls State Thibodaux, La. 1:00 p.m. CT
    09/16/16 329 at Southern Baton Rouge, La. 6:00 p.m. CT
    09/18/16 279 at Southern Miss * Hattiesburg, Miss. 1:00 p.m. CT
    09/22/16 112 vs. Rice * Ruston, La. 7:00 p.m. CT
    09/25/16 37 at North Texas * Denton, Texas 1:00 p.m. CT
    09/30/16 53 vs. Marshall * Ruston, La. 7:00 p.m. CT
    10/06/16 148 vs. FIU * Ruston, La. 7:00 p.m. CT
    10/14/16 208 at Charlotte * Charlotte, N.C. 6:00 p.m. CT
    10/16/16 142 at Old Dominion * Norfolk, Va. 12:00 p.m. CT
    10/21/16 66 vs. Middle Tennessee * Ruston, La. 7:00 p.m. CT
    10/23/16 274 vs. UAB * Ruston, La. 1:00 p.m. CT
    10/28/16 278 at UTSA * San Antonio, Texas 7:00 p.m. CT
    C-USA Tournament
    11/02/16 TBD Charlotte, N.C. TBA
    11/04/16 TBD Charlotte, N.C. TBA
    11/06/16 TBD Charlotte, N.C. TBA

Regional Schools with <200 RPI
    16 Texas A&M
    17 South Alabama
    24 Ole Miss
    40 LSU
    62 Troy
    76 Texas
    81 Tulsa
    84 Oklahoma State
    97 Memphis
    104 Texas State
    113 Little Rock
    130 Southeastern Louisiana
    131 Mississippi State
    139 Arkansas
    140 Baylor
    163 SFA
    165 Houston Baptist
    170 Sam Houston State
    174 SMU
    179 Abeline Christian

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

He has been asked by the Admin for several years to bring up the strength of the OOC schedule. Some years it is slightly stronger than others. They aren't ready for Texas A&M, but the OOC needs to be a lot better. "There is always a larger incoming group of players who need time to gel, and get their feet under them, or schedule is a multi year effort and it is hard to get the bigger teams scheduled."

He is a good coach and they will always be solid, with some better than average years mixed in, and as long as he doesn't sink the ship Tech will be content. He does everything the right way, but the schedule is a constant frustration.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Baby steps - Let's replace our two lowest RPI games -329 Southern & 296 Nicholls - with games of 100 RPI higher - Houston (233) & SMU (174). I know RPI changes year-to-year, so coaches could look at 3-5 year averages. Also, this is what I want for ALL sports.

That would improve our OOC opponents RPI from avg 240 to avg 218. Just those two opponents.

Then the next season replace the next 2 lowest and so on.

Pretty quickly our OOC opponents would be in 150s range.

I wish our administration would come up with agreements with AAC schools - SMU/Houston/Memphis/Tulsa - to play in ALL sports. Do 4 or 6 year H/H deals.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Soccer.2016- 2017 News

The Louisiana Tech soccer staff will be hosting a three-day Youth Camp in July and a two-day Fall ID Camp in August at the Lady Techster Soccer Complex.

More...

Discuss it here.

W. Soccer. Sloan Selected to Preseason All-Conference USA Team

Louisiana Tech senior forward Kathryn Sloan was one of 13 players selected to the Preseason All-Conference USA Team, announced by the league office on Tuesday.

More...

Discuss it here.

W. Soccer. Soccer Reaches Halfway Point of Fall Camp

The Louisiana Tech soccer team hit the pitch for practice No. 12 on a hot and humid Friday morning, marking the halfway point of fall camp.

More...

Discuss it here.

W. Soccer. Kathryn Sloan: An Ace of a Student-Athlete

The first test Kathryn Sloan ever took when she arrived to play soccer at Louisiana Tech was the annual preseason fitness test given by head coach Kevin Sherry.

More...

Discuss it here.

W. Soccer. Soccer Season Opener Canceled

Due to the current field conditions and the threat of more inclement weather, Louisiana Tech’s season opener versus Murray State that was scheduled for Friday night at the Lady Techster Soccer Complex has been canceled.

More...

Discuss it here.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: W. Soccer. Soccer Season Opener Canceled

Boo on the rain.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Re: W. Soccer. Soccer Season Opener Canceled

Did not see Cunningham girl from N. Desoto who was freshman last year

W. Soccer. LA Tech Plays at Lamar to Kick Off 2016 Season

LA Tech will officially kickoff the 2016 season in the state of Texas when it travels on Sunday to take on Lamar at 7 p.m. at the Lamar Soccer Complex.

More...

Discuss it here.

W. Soccer. Soccer Starts 2016 Season with Dramatic Victory

The last time Louisiana Tech was forced to play a man down due to a red card, it was four years ago and the Lady Techsters were still able to pull off the victory.

More...

Discuss it here.

W. Soccer. Post-Game Notes

Notes

More...

Discuss it here.

W. Soccer. Lady Techsters Battle Cowgirls on Wednesday Night

Louisiana Tech fans will have plenty of chances over the next week to see the Lady Techsters in action as they begin a four-game home stretch, beginning with a 6 p.m. showdown on Wednesday night versus in-state foe McNeese State at the Lady Techster Soccer Complex.

More...

Discuss it here.

+ Reply to Thread