+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Le Tour de France

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Re: Le Tour de France

Quote Originally Posted by LongtimeDawgfan View Post
    Really? I respectfully disagree. Froome would not only still be in yellow but would have made time on his rivals if not for Porte running into a stopped motorcycle.
    Don't expect a respectful disagreement back...

I KNOW that you know what you are talking about, so I think I will respectfully agree with you.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

On yesterday's stage several riders lost time due to being hit by a team car. Apparently some riders, including some key members of GC teams, had gone back for water from their team cars, all routine stuff. Well, a team car in line suddenly jammed his brakes as some spectators had stepped into the road, this started a chain reaction and riders, from several teams, hit cars, got HIT by cars! what a mess! Only one rider was hurt enough to later have to abandon the tour. But, it caused a big loss of time and several GCers, including Yates, currently in 3rd, had to go w/o water for a long time.

But...then nothing. No adjusting of times. No accommodation for those riders losing time. Nothing! So...let me see. Spectators get into the road. A vehicle has to stop, and riders plow into the back of that stopped vehicle. Sounds very similar to what happened to Porte and Froome. Yet...????

So, maybe longtimedawgfan can respectfully explain how this is different, so skilldawg can KNOW that he knows what he's talking about.

Me too, I'll wait for what is sure to be a thoughtful explanation.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-france-crash/

Had this been Froome, his time would have been adjusted. After all, it wouldn't be his fault that a huge gust of wind blew him off the road. For this poor sap, and any other rider, well, just too bad.

Froome is the Hillary Klinton of cycling. He gets his own set of rules!

+ Reply to Thread