+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Great Year for Tech Athletics

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Great Year for Tech Athletics

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    This is not towards you, its for everyone, why are Thursday night games not good?
    Doesn't matter to me since I'm done with high school athletics, but many of our fans have conflicts with high school on Thursdays. For example, Byrd has 5 Thursday games this year. The S'Port and S Louisiana schools seem to have BUNCHES of Thursday games.

Tuesday or Wednesday games are better in Louisiana. Thursday and Friday hurts.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Doesn't matter to me since I'm done with high school athletics, but many of our fans have conflicts with high school on Thursdays. For example, Byrd has 5 Thursday games this year. The S'Port and S Louisiana schools seem to have BUNCHES of Thursday games.

Also on the Thursday night Tech hosts WKU...
    Sterlington vs. OCS
    Captain Shreve vs. Parkway
    Calvary vs. North Caddo
    Huntington vs. Fair Park
    + 12 more LHSAA football games around the state
    Last edited by Dawg06; 07-07-2016 at 03:12 PM.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

I didn't think about high school sports, but that is a valid view of it. Hopefully we can get a good crowd out that night, I know I'll be there.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    I didn't think about high school sports, but that is a valid view of it. Hopefully we can get a good crowd out that night, I know I'll be there.
    The worst thing ever as a high school parent was West Monroe's crap of Bayou Jam and Battle of the Border on Saturdays.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I already gave you the numbers for the last 4 years a few weeks ago!

LaTech FB Season Tix
    2012: 6,324
    2013: 6,613
    2014: 6,081
    2015: 6,366

Tech won't announce season ticket numbers, but they do have to report them to the C-USA office. We should be able to get the 2016 numbers by next summer.

However, when Tech increases season ticket prices by 20% (in addition to John Bel Edwards' new ticket taxes) for a pitiful 5-game home schedule that includes a Thursday night game and then adds per-seat donation requirements for all west-side seats between the 25s plus factor in lessened expectations due to losses of key playmakers and then consider it rained at our last three home games last year and Tech manages a totally screwed up online ticket renewal service, I think it's a safe assumption season ticket sales will decline this year, especially when there's very little to no benefit for the season ticket buyer unless they have some of the few box seats that are sold out or donate at least $500 to LTAC to walk a little less from their car to the stadium, except that last year the parking lot was full for a couple games and LTAC members with parking passes had to find elsewhere to park and then walk.
    Thanks, I remembered them being out there. My primary point is that Tech doesn't discuss those numbers much.

+ Reply to Thread