+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beer Snobs Thread

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Beer Snobs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    I was watching Trailer Park Boys and Facebook arguing. It was an epic night for sure.
    There's a shit wind a blowin, boys.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    There's a shit wind a blowin, boys.
    Birds of a shit-feather flock together, Randy.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    Birds of a shit-feather flock together, Randy.
    Do you know what happens when two shitonic plates collide, Randy? A shitquake.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Give the Seersucker Summer Pils a shot. Pretty good Abita offering, imo. Also, Southern Drawl by Great Raft is a really solid local brew. It's my go-to weekend/yard work/honey-do list beer.
    Where do you shop?

Can't find the Seersucker by Abita

I found the Southern Drawl. It was great. Wish they had it in a bottle.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Where do you shop?

Glad you liked the Southern Drawl! Most of Great Raft's beers come in cans. They do have 22 oz bombers of small batch and seasonal beers, but a lot of those are pretty out there with their flavor profiles and would be acquired tastes for most.

I typically go to Tiger Market on 18th and Forsythe, but sometimes I'll go to Tonore's or Vieux Carre Market on 18th. Since I've been living in WM the past few months, I've learned that the big new store on the corner of Cypress and Well Rd, as well as the store at the corner of Wallace and Cypress (next to J&H), both have good selections. I bet any of these would have the Seersucker.

Edit- Brookshires on 18th and on 165 both have solid selections since remodeling. They might be worth a shot too.
    Last edited by Built4Speed; 07-19-2016 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Edit- thought of another spot

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Glad you liked the Southern Drawl! Most of Great Raft's beers come in cans. They do have 22 oz bombers of small batch and seasonal beers, but a lot of those are pretty out there with their flavor profiles and would be acquired tastes for most.

I typically go to Tiger Market on 18th and Forsythe, but sometimes I'll go to Tonore's or Vieux Carre Market on 18th. Since I've been living in WM the past few months, I've learned that the big new store on the corner of Cypress and Well Rd, as well as the store at the corner of Wallace and Cypress (next to J&H), both have good selections. I bet any of these would have the Seersucker.

I try to spend on the West side when I can. Best selection and prices seem to be the Now Save on Cypress/Well Road. They had the Southern Drawl I checked there, Cypress/Wallace, and Cypress/Downing Pines. None of them had the Seersucker in stock. I'll check over here in Monroe where they speak English.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Where do you shop?

I highly recommend that you go "shopping" at the brewery in Shreveport. You can sit all day and try every beer they brew straight from the tap. You can also buy a growler for your to go needs.

Probably need a driver to get you back home though.

If you just want to go sight see, I will ride with you.

Puppy ChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the rough ChampKind's Avatar

Tried Red River's Hay Ryed this week. Good stuff if you like wheat brews. It's not sweet and citrus like shock top...its Spicy!

Quote Originally Posted by ChampKind View Post
    Tried Red River's Hay Ryed this week. Good stuff if you like wheat brews. It's not sweet and citrus like shock top...its Spicy!
    S'Port beer?

Puppy ChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the roughChampKind is a jewel in the rough ChampKind's Avatar

S'Port beer?
    Yep. Two good local microbreweries here in the port city.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Had some ice cold Pabst Blue Ribbon last night. Yum yum.

Had some ice cold Pabst Blue Ribbon last night. Yum yum.
    16 oz or quart?

16 oz or quart?
    Long necks with a side of Jameson. We call it a PBJ

Long necks with a side of Jameson. We call it a PBJ
    Wow! What's it like to be you?

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I am a poster child for Pabst Blue Ribbon. I drink it almost daily. There is nothing better than a shot of Red Breast 12 followed by an ICE COLD PBR. Except maybe Murpheys and Red Breast 18.

+ Reply to Thread