+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is Grambling Under Siege?

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: Is Grambling Under Siege?

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Unfortunately, he is GSU and he will fail. They must have an absolute outsider that recognizes no sacred cows or boundaries.
    I agree with this 100%. The author of this article is correct that Grambling has a cultural problem, and you can't fix the actual problem without addressing the culture of the university. I disagree with his assertion that a team of consultants is needed to uncover the problem. Most of the problem is already known. And, The Historian is correct when he says that the mission of the university and the expectations of alumni are out of alignment.

Anyway you look at it Gallot isn't a good choice. He is a former lawyer and politician who will only play politics with the alumni and state. They need a complete outsider, who is willing to be the bad guy for about 2-3 years. Once things are somewhat straightened out, then they can do a nationwide search for their next prez.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Gallot is Swearingen with a brain.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You put Northwestern on your list, but not Southern?

You have no credibility on this topic.
    Sorry was busy today.

You were saying something about credibility? I was addressing the ULS system and it alone. Which was pointed out to you in the very next post after yours. That was also why I didn't include any of the wasteful LSU extensions. I am also a teacher, my wife is a teacher, and many of my direct family are teachers, and several of my wife's family are teachers, including faculty at Tech.

When I finish my regular year, I then spend at least 1 month during the summer teaching again for Duke Universities talent identification program. Also oversee an intern program for seniors in my course pathway to get practical experience during the year, coach a HS mock trial team, Moot court team, sponsor an honor society chapter and a couple of other academic teams.

I also have friends inside NSU and I know their situation pretty well, as well as, following all the funding issues over the last 8 years in depth. I have also taught with grads from NSU, ULL, GSU, and ULM and I know what they produce.

On top of that just because you have been around the block a little longer than me, I am only 40, your dismissal without knowing one damn thing about made me laugh. The fact that there is a small but vocal posters on here that consistently make comments like you, make me chuckle because you are an armchair quarterback on 90% of the topics on here just like everyone else.

So let me leave you with a very simple and direct comment that I am sure you will take offense too just like my previous comment, and know after this post you aren't worth my time to read so I will avail myself of the block feature if we have one. should you ever feel the need to meet in person there are people on here who I am sure can relay your intentions to me and please know I will gladly give them my contact info.

**** Off.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    When did Southern become part of ULS?
    We all know we are really talking about the state's resources and it's limited ability to support higher ed. That is the real issue, not some lame reference to "systems." They are all supported by taxpayers, LSU, Southern, and ULS, and if decisions have to be made about which schools have to be closed or have their missions redefined, SOUTHERN would be on that list, not Northwestern.

Too many on here, especially that moron from Dallas, have NO CLUE what they are talking about. He says: I have friends who went to NSU, therefore he thinks he's some kind of expert. Now, that is funny.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We all know we are really talking about the state's resources and it's limited ability to support higher ed. That is the real issue, not some lame reference to "systems." They are all supported by taxpayers, LSU, Southern, and ULS, and if decisions have to be made about which schools have to be closed or have their missions redefined, SOUTHERN would be on that list, not Northwestern.

Too many on here, especially that moron from Dallas, have NO CLUE what they are talking about. He says: I have friends who went to NSU, therefore he thinks he's some kind of expert. Now, that is funny.
    Apparently you were thinking about all of them while the rest of us were talking about the UL system schools.

As untouchable as Grambling is now, Southern and its entire system is much more untouchable.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Apparently you were thinking about all of them while the rest of us were talking about the UL system schools.

As untouchable as Grambling is now, Southern and its entire system is much more untouchable.
    That is an unfortunate truism.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

the only funds that matter to us are the ULS funds because that where I slice of the pie comes from and that has to be our focus and Dr. Guice and anyone who follows the situation understands that.

I love the internet because people who are proven incorrect refuse to admit it and just keep going with their reasoning instead of simply admitting I misunderstood the conversation. The Internet allows them to focus on one thing said, ignore all the rest and continue on their rants.

Even what they focus on is incorrect, friends "inside" doesn't equate to went to NSU is means friends working for the university in the administration. I am not from Dallas, I am from Shreveport and Louisiana, I simply live in Dallas now because I desired to be paid a living wage for my chosen profession.

But please keep going because you are proving my points in spades. Maybe someone will occasional quote your posts so I can continue to smile at your need to feed your egotistic desire to be right no matter what, and your insolent replies, instead of saying my bad, but how about this perspective....

Alas I find more enjoyment in simply seeing the majority of your presumptuous posts as a blank space on my screen. Civil debate and discussion doesn't exist anymore it seems and so my closing to my previous point was directed towards a style you understand.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I love the internet because people who are proven incorrect refuse to admit it and just keep going with their reasoning instead of simply admitting I misunderstood the conversation. The Internet allows them to focus on one thing said, ignore all the rest and continue on their rants.
    I'd make one adjustment. People who defend, rather than admit, their inaccuracies will do so anywhere, any way; not just on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I'd make one adjustment. People who defend, rather than admit, their inaccuracies will do so anywhere, any way; not just on the internet.
    That is true. obummer and Hillary continue their self-serving shrill no matter the media.

That's true maverick, I agree. I think maybe in today's electronic age that it shows more because you end up in situations you might not normally be in without the internet/social media.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

dawg80 just needs to be hammered over the head sometimes. He eventually comes around.

As do us all, sometimes!

9th in the nation.

9. Northwestern State University of Louisiana

Online Bachelor of Applied Science in Allied Health

Website
    As with many online healthcare degrees, the Bachelor of Applied Science in Allied Health at Northwestern State is designed for budding healthcare professionals looking to obtain a bachelor’s degree. This fully online program makes our ranking of online healthcare degrees because of its low price and high flexibility. During the summer, courses are available in three-, five-, and six-week sessions, in addition to the standard eight-week fall and spring schedules. Students can also transfer general education credits and up to 30 hours of clinical coursework toward their degree. And as a bonus, online-only students do not pay any out-of-state fees.
    Net Price: $9,488/yr
    Score: 56.56

Not bad for a school that some think should be closed.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

That is an unfortunate truism.
    Which makes no sense

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

9th in the nation.

9. Northwestern State University of Louisiana

Online Bachelor of Applied Science in Allied Health

Website
    As with many online healthcare degrees, the Bachelor of Applied Science in Allied Health at Northwestern State is designed for budding healthcare professionals looking to obtain a bachelor’s degree. This fully online program makes our ranking of online healthcare degrees because of its low price and high flexibility. During the summer, courses are available in three-, five-, and six-week sessions, in addition to the standard eight-week fall and spring schedules. Students can also transfer general education credits and up to 30 hours of clinical coursework toward their degree. And as a bonus, online-only students do not pay any out-of-state fees.
    Net Price: $9,488/yr
    Score: 56.56

Not bad for a school that some think should be closed.
    Not being a butt, but what is an allied health degree? I am not for the closing of Northwestern, but I don't know that i've heard of this degree. Was this a ranking of allied health degrees? Always better to be ranked than not though i guess.

+ Reply to Thread