+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Let's TALK 2016 BULLDOG FOOTBALL!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Re: Let's TALK 2016 BULLDOG FOOTBALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Someone does.
    Let's hope they are planning on sharing it soon!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

I think both qbs chose Tech because they saw us as best spot to play in a wide open offense ( Peterson-). and saw a program that gave them best shot to start. I am inclined to believe Coach told both that it was their job to lose . I always liked the Driscal story of seeing Coach H hugging Sokol after int to end yr. Great story but not quite sure that was major factor in chosing Tech-- he is smart guy and had enough confidence in himself and Tech ..enough to resurrect his career. Happy for him and us ( 6 million contract). find it hard to believe Coach promised him anything, kind of insulting to a competitor of his talent ..

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

FWIW, my post was NOT serious.

Guys want to play here. That's obvious. They aren't transferring into our peer schools like they are at Tech.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I agree that Driskel didn't throw a great deep ball. He missed much more than he hit on those passes. But what he didn't do on those passes was have them intercepted most of the time. Higgins doesn't have to connect on many of those passes. Just hit one or two and not get the rest intercepted.

Oh, and thank you Jeff for your outstanding and smart play which is what we need the most out of Higgins this year. I too am happy for you and hopeful for your NFL career.
    Last edited by WWDog; 07-13-2016 at 07:33 PM.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Happy for him and us ( 6 million contract)..
    I too am happy for Jeff and hope he sticks in the NFL. His contract is for 4 years totals $2.6 million, if he makes the team each year. Signing bonus was $112,500.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

...still trying to figure out how to spell Driskel 15 months later.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BDAWGS04 View Post
    I hope I am wrong, but we know who Ryan Higgins is. I get the fact that he is now a senior, but Holtz would not have gone outside of the program two years in a row if he thought Ryan was the guy that was going to lead our team to victory! We just need to be honest with ourselves and know what we have. Ryan can lead this team to max 8 wins and that is if he is playing out of his mind. He has no deep ball (I hope first play of the Arky game he throws an 80 yard TD and y'all can make me eat my words).

The spring game was a great example. First drive, short passes, drove straight down the field and scored. Second drive, tried a deep ball, terrible pass...INT. He did not throw another deep ball until the second half and it to was nowhere near the receiver. I do not remember seeing him throw another deep ball in the game.

Also, you cannot say the two INTs against Southern were meaningless. He had absolutely no pressure on him, and two straight drives he threw picks back to back plays/series. The first was a screen pass and the second was a horribly timed throw that a high school defensive back would have picked. Sorry guys, but Holtz is giving him the nod just because he stuck it out for all these years. I give Higgins credit for this, but my guess is Wilson and Higgins are on par and he is giving the 5th year senior who has stuck with our program the nod. If we start slow, look for us to pull Higgins around game 4 or 5.
    Sokol in 2014 was a no brainer. In 2015, you have a QB wanting to transfer to you that was the #1 QB in HS. I think unless you have a Tom Brady on the team this guys getting a shot.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Higgins as long as we don't ask him to do what he can't. He's got one of the best slot receivers in the NCAA in Taylor which should help him immensely. I'm much more concerned about can we run the ball against a decent defense. If we can get production out of our RB by committee, I don't see why we can't win 7-8 games.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Our special teams last year were the worst I've ever seen at Tech. Unless we greatly improve in this area, special teams will cost us a couple of games this year. Higgins is a huge question mark and unless he greatly improves from 2013, his throwing of interceptions will likely cost us a game or two as well. Our RB's will be good, but not Dixon good. I expect much less production out of the RB position this year. Our defense lost some good players, but we've gained some good players too. I expect our D to be about as productive this year as it was in 2015. I'm thinking 6-6 is about as good as we can expect this year.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Oh really! So our new running back will have a crowded box to run into since our QB can't take the top off the defense! Didn't even work in 13 when we had Dixon! I'm glad you're so content with not being able to throw it deep.

Oh and Sokol threw 30/13 TD to int.
    What was Higgins? 5/9? 6/8?

Cameron was a product of the system only. He had to make zero reads (only pre snap which are simple) and the ball was out in less than two seconds. He had one of the best coordinators in the country

If rattay was as good as we want him to be, wouldn't price Wilson be taking Higgins spot? Or j'mar smith be talked about more? I'm wondering what these guys are missing because I know what Higgins has. He threw two picks against our easiest opponent last year on back to back drives ... And they were ugly. Wilson's passes look like Jay Cutler's.
    Yeah tell them to go ahead and stack the box and try to cover Trent Taylor 1 on 1 in the slot with a safety or nickel corner. Ask miss state if a safety or nickel corner can cover him. It don't work!! Tarzan may even be better than Trent Taylor. You can run a guy deep like Henderson every play and they have to respect it, doesn't mean it has to be thrown. That's my point. We have far to many weapons to not respect everyone. Back off our receivers and we will show our physicality which is probably what Holtz wants to do.

Let's be real, Sokol throwing 30 TDs, yeah he had to throw them, but our defense produced the most turnovers in the country and he didn't have to drive the field a whole lot.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Not sure if it's new or not but just saw where WKU will play in Ruston on a Thursday evening...

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Not sure if it's new or not but just saw where WKU will play in Ruston on a Thursday evening...
    Announced in February

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Announced in February
    Sorry - April-
    http://www.wbko.com/content/sports/W...375842451.html

+ Reply to Thread