+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Football Roster is Up

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Football Roster is Up

How did you get to this page on the official web site? I can't find the links we used to have to individual sports, fan info, etc.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    Are you trying to say there are a lot of calories in cough syrup?

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Like the USA Today author even remotely knew what they were talking about.

Obesity Is directly related to the types of food people eat, and have been told to eat. But this is a football thread, so I'll be quiet before I explode on my opinions about the world of nutrition.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    Like the USA Today author even remotely knew what they were talking about.

Obesity Is directly related to the types of food people eat, and have been told to eat. But this is a football thread, so I'll be quiet before I explode on my opinions about the world of nutrition.
    Would you believe scientists from Harvard and MIT? Or maybe the New England Journal of Medicine?

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Would you believe scientists from Harvard and MIT? Or maybe the New England Journal of Medicine?
    Nah, none of those guys have any clue what they're talking about...louisiana_dog does!

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/h...gene/32026927/

The FTO gene – “The FTO gene turns out to influence obesity indirectly, as a master switch that affects two other genes that control thermogenesis, or burning off energy.”

Gene expression
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_expression

Epigenetics
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FTO_gene

“The FTO gene expression was also found to be significantly upregulated in the hypothalamus of rats after food deprivation and strongly negatively correlated with the expression of orexigenic galanin-like peptide which is involved in the stimulation of food intake.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothalamus

Lipostatic hypothesis: This hypothesis holds that adipose tissue produces a humoral signal that is proportionate to the amount of fat and acts on the hypothalamus to decrease food intake and increase energy output. It has been evident that a hormone leptin acts on the hypothalamus to decrease food intake and increase energy output.

Also, “the hypothalamus is responsive to Leptin."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leptin

Leptin the "satiety hormone, is a hormone made by adipose cells that helps to regulate energy balance by inhibiting hunger.

Although leptin reduces appetite as a circulating signal, obese individuals generally exhibit a higher circulating concentration of leptin than normal weight individuals due to their higher percentage body fat.[9] These people show resistance to leptin, similar to resistance of insulin in type 2 diabetes, with the elevated levels failing to control hunger and modulate their weight.

The PI3K pathway also is activated by the insulin receptor and is therefore an important area where leptin and insulin act together as part of energy homeostasis

Leptin resistance (in combination with insulin resistance and weight gain) is seen in rats after they are given unlimited access to palatable, energy-dense foods.
    The study, they just overfeed the rats
    http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/50/12/2786

But my main point is to draw a link between leptin and insulin resistance.

A couple, I have more
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC380258/
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23266767

I’ve looked into this, but ask yourself –

So, what causes insulin resistance?
    What is metabolic syndrome?

It isn’t a ‘fat gene” that makes us fat, it is a gene expression from the food we eat and reacting to what we do.

“Feed your genes: How our genes respond to the foods we eat”
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0919073845.htm (glaze over the diet info – not part of the point)

I found this curious - However, this isn’t the first study on how likely it is that you’ll end up the same size as your mom. In 2010 British researchers published a paper where they looked at the genetic profile of nearly 21,000 men and women. They determined that 17 genes that contribute to obesity were responsible for a mere 2 percent of the cases of obesity in the group.
    http://www.shape.com/blogs/weight-lo...me-your-weight

Just stack it backwards from what we eat to how that affects our genes. You don’t have a gene sitting there, causing you to get fat even though you are eating the right diet. That is not a “fat gene” - it is a gene expression that you can switch, and then lose weight.

This stuff is dry, and most probably wont read it.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile back at the roster, I see they have corrected Jack Abraham's position to QB. Price Wilson still listed at 241. I hope Hester has him getting strong. As some one else noted that is LB weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Meanwhile back at the roster, I see they have corrected Jack Abraham's position to QB. Price Wilson still listed at 241. I hope Hester has him getting strong. As some one else noted that is LB weight.
    Bobby Holly is who I am most excited about. 6-1 and 234. He is going to be a load.

Puppy dawgz21 is an unknown

Our back-up qb is bigger than that in all seriousness, Holly will be a force for the next 4 years

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    He is going to be a load.
    TWSS

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

I am so ready for some football.

+ Reply to Thread