+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Changes in media relations assignments

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

LaTech Changes in media relations assignments

Tech Associate AD/Media Relations head Malcolm Butler has sent a news release out to area media after the departure of Patrick Walsh to Mercer as their new SID (Assistant AD/Communications).

Malcolm said several changes have been made within the LA Tech Athletic Communications Department. Walsh, who won numerous top awards for his brochures and game note packages, has been the football SID for seven years.

Anna Claire Thomas will move into Walsh’s former role and will now handle football, golf and all of our track and field teams.

Blake Bolin has been hired and will move into Anna Claire’s former role and will handle baseball, volleyball and bowling.

Malcolm, of course, will continue with women’s basketball, softball, and secondary contact for football.

And, Assistant SID Kane McGuire (Men’s basketball, soccer, tennis, secondary contact for football)

On a personal note I would like to thank Patrick for his work at Tech. I will miss him.

I'm excited Anna Claire will become the football SID and wish her best wishes in this hectic month of transition. She nailed it in the spring during the baseball run.

Also, on a personal note I'm glad Kane remains as mens basketball and Blake will move into more responsibilities.

Malcolm and his crew do thankless jobs on a shoestring budget and I'm excited for their futures with Tech.
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 07-18-2016 at 12:51 PM.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Re: Changes in media relations assignments

I trust your judgement.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Is this a step up going to Mercer? He was a FB SID for a FBS team.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

He was also an assistant SID.

I would say the pay for SID is a big step up regardless of being a FB SID at a FBS school. . . in Louisiana's higher education system.

Why? Did you want the job at Mercer?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    He was also an assistant SID.

I would say the pay for SID is a big step up regardless of being a FB SID at a FBS school. . . in Louisiana's higher education system.

Why? Did you want the job at Mercer?
    Just curious. Why ask the question if I wanted the job at Mercer?

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Tech Associate AD/Media Relations head Malcolm Butler has sent a news release out to area media after the departure of Patrick Walsh to Mercer as their new SID (Assistant AD/Communications).

Malcolm said several changes have been made within the LA Tech Athletic Communications Department. Walsh, who won numerous top awards for his brochures and game note packages, has been the football SID for seven years.

Anna Claire Thomas will move into Walsh’s former role and will now handle football, golf and all of our track and field teams.

Blake Bolin has been hired and will move into Anna Claire’s former role and will handle baseball, volleyball and bowling.

Malcolm, of course, will continue with women’s basketball, softball, and secondary football.

On a personal note I would like to thank Patrick for his work at Tech. I will miss him.

I'm excited Anna Claire will become the football SID and wish her best wishes in this hectic month of transition. She nailed it in the spring during the baseball run.

Also, on a personal note I'm glad Kane remains as mens basketball and Blake will move into more responsibilities.

Malcolm and his crew do thankless jobs on a shoestring budget and I'm excited for their futures with Tech.
    I've never seen the SI chart so I don't know if you omitted some info or if things are exactly as you've posted. Are you saying we have an asst. SID that only covers men's basketball and a football SID that also covers golf and track & field?

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    I've never seen the SI chart so I don't know if you omitted some info or if things are exactly as you've posted. Are you saying we have an asst. SID that only covers men's basketball and a football SID that also covers golf and track & field?
    Why would that be unusual?

If you consider the total number of games/events, it looks like the basketball guy is still carrying a higher load.

The number of players to keep up with in Football and track and field will balance it back to being equal duties.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

I should have done whatever it took to try and be an SID

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Just curious. Why ask the question if I wanted the job at Mercer?
    My apologies. No offense meant.

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Why would that be unusual?

If you consider the total number of games/events, it looks like the basketball guy is still carrying a higher load.

The number of players to keep up with in Football and track and field will balance it back to being equal duties.
    I did omit. My bad.

Assistant SID Kane McGuire (Men’s basketball, soccer, tennis, secondary contact for football)

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Is this a step up going to Mercer? He was a FB SID for a FBS team.
    He went from being the associate head coach to being the head coach and all the perks that come with it. He gets to run his own department, gets the title of assistant AD (instead of assistant SID), gets closer to home, and I'm sure there is a pay increase. Malcolm likely isn't going anywhere until he retires, so it's like there was an opportunity for upward mobility if Patrick stayed at Tech. I say thanks for your service and good luck in your new venture.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    It's a pretty thankless job with terrible hours and not great pay. We're lucky that we have a very professional Bulldog running our department.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post

The best gig I have seen is Director of Basketball Operations. Pretty good salary for something any wedding planner can probably do.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I did omit. My bad.

Assistant SID Kane McGuire (Men’s basketball, soccer, tennis, secondary contact for football)
    Thanks. That's kinda what I would have expected.

+ Reply to Thread