+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech to the AAC?

Big Dog DeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud of DeepGreen's Avatar

Tech to the AAC?

Big 12 expansion noise going on. Any truth to the rumor that the AAC will offer Louisiana Tech a spot would one become available?

If I was Aresco, you guys would be #1 on my speed dial. Except for a few off years, LT consistently fields good sports teams and has a passionate fan base. I would certainly hate to see you leave CUSA but couldn't blame you if you did.

UNT is making the correct changes that will turn us around. New FB coach and Athletic Director are in place. Good hires but it will take a few years to see positive results.

Good luck!

Big Dog DeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud of DeepGreen's Avatar

Re: Tech to the AAC?

Ah!
    Your silence is deafening!!
    Sush, mums the word. I get it.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Nobody knows anything. There is a lot of random internet speculation, but that's all it is.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

We'd have to replace that darn CUSA logo we just got on the field last year!

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Just not likely at this time. Maybe if the Big12 took four from the AAC, but that's not likely. I believe the UH is now the favorite for the Big 12 with Texas and Texas Tech lining up to offer support. Then probably BYU. That leaves Memphis and Cincy the other main two if they expand by four. A lot expect USM to go the AAC. We would have to fight Tulane and Memphis (if Memphis is left out of the Big 12). Tulane is by us like the ULa's are to us. They do not want to be associated with us. And we have beaten SMU too many time too badly for any good will there. Marshall might be a good bet.

Also see all the posts on here about our clueless AD. A few have doubts he could keep us from dropping down to the Sunbelt, much less being promoted to the AAC.

So we're probably still going be in Conference USA for a while.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

If the AAC were looking to add a program that enhanced their competitiveness with good academics to go with the markets they already have, we'd be a top choice. But look for them to look at market first. If we'd done a better job getting our fan base engaged since joining CUSA we'd have a better shot.

It helps the conference if UNT gets its act together. I hope you're on the path.

Planning to make my first road trip to UNT this year. Want to see that stadium y'all built.

Big Dog Terence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of light Terence32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    If the AAC were looking to add a program that enhanced their competitiveness with good academics to go with the markets they already have, we'd be a top choice. But look for them to look at market first. If we'd done a better job getting our fan base engaged since joining CUSA we'd have a better shot.

It helps the conference if UNT gets its act together. I hope you're on the path.

Planning to make my first road trip to UNT this year. Want to see that stadium y'all built.
    I, along with the Green multitudes, hope we have made the right moves. Old coach who really didn't do schit, AD who hasn't moved the program needle at all, and a terrible MBB coach(soon to be gone), and the Previous WBB coach, really have sunk UNT to new lows. We feel good about the recent changes and the positive effects we hope will put UNT in a more competitive position. Many season ticket holders, myself included, were pretty much done with UNT sports had the changes not been made.

I hope we can do the conference proud someday.

I don't see Memphis and Cincy going anywhere. B12 will probably add Houston and BYU. At the same time, Texas and OU will be looking elsewhere. Does anyone really thing UT and OU are going to stay in a conference with a Memphis, Cincy, East Carolina, UCF, USF, or any of the others mentioned for B12 expansion. The networks are messaging BCS football so they will have four, 16 team conferences that will share the treasures.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Tech is going to the Big12.

It's true because I read it on the internet

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Would be pleased but SHOCKED

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeepGreen View Post
    I
    I hope we can do the conference proud someday.
    Y'all leaving!?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I would guess Rice. They're an AAU member, right? That's how Tulane got in.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Y'all leaving!?
    Possibly.

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think markets are going to be as critical. I mean, San Antonio is better than Hattiesburg, but the general sense of things is that competitive potential is the more important thing. With only one G5 slot and a lot of money on the line, the goal is likely to be better than the MWC so that the AAC's champion is higher ranked than the MWC's champion.

The concern about USM is likely to be their athletics budget. Even if they're better than Old Dominion, ODU might get more attention on account of their financial commitment. On the other hand, I suspect they will want someone to be competitive from Day One, and that's not Old Dominion and that is Southern Miss.

Two things to keep in mind, though: With conference deregulation and the TV contract up for negotiation soon, they can hang back at 9 or 10 if they want. There is no need to expand for the sake of expansion. Second, there are expansion candidates outside Conference USA that will probably be approached first. And a lot is going to depend on which teams leave.

That's my general sense of things, anyway.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread