+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garth Brooks Concernt and Tech Emblem

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Garth Brooks Concert and Tech Emblem

Thought this was cool. During the one minute Garth Brooks pre-concert countdown lots of local images were flashed on the screen. The only university related image was the Tech emblem below:

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: Garth Brooks Concernt and Tech Emblem

you sure it wasnt the state symbol?

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

after he played Calling Baton Rouge Friday night some folks around us tried to start a l s u, l s u chant, was afraid it was going to take off but it didn't last long thank goodness

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    you sure it wasnt the state symbol?
    Yep. They're were a few emblems displayed like the Bossier City emblem but it definitely said "...Tech University".

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

His quotes at the 7:30 show went something like this: "Ruston, Ringgold, Monroe, Shreveport. You fed me. You housed me. You took care of a starving artist.. . . It's 19 years later. Thank you. . . .Remember Hirsch Coliseum??"

He mentioned he opened for George Strait and others and pointed to those "Ruston, Ringgold" folks in the crowd.

I'm curious. Not being a Garth scholar. Where exactly did he play back in the day?

The concert was 3.5 hours of solid entertainment. He and Trisha come off and being very sincere and thankful with their fans.

I loved it. #LouisianaSaturdayNight #LouisianaHayride.

The 7 pm show started right after 7:30. The capacity crowd emptied at 10:35 and another sellout (scheduled for 10:30) opened right after midnight and went til 3 am. I honestly didn't see how he had the energy for all that, plus and a boys football camp Saturday morning at Airline HS.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

John Reynolds of K104 had a great "feel good" post about his trip to Bossier.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    His quotes at the 7:30 show went something like this: "Ruston, Ringgold, Monroe, Shreveport. You fed me. You housed me. You took care of a starving artist.. . . It's 19 years later. Thank you. . . .Remember Hirsch Coliseum??"

He mentioned he opened for George Strait and others and pointed to those "Ruston, Ringgold" folks in the crowd.

I'm curious. Not being a Garth scholar. Where exactly did he play back in the day?

The concert was 3.5 hours of solid entertainment. He and Trisha come off and being very sincere and thankful with their fans.

I loved it. #LouisianaSaturdayNight #LouisianaHayride.

The 7 pm show started right after 7:30. The capacity crowd emptied at 10:35 and another sellout (scheduled for 10:30) opened right after midnight and went til 3 am. I honestly didn't see how he had the energy for all that, plus and a boys football camp Saturday morning at Airline HS.
    Dec. 7, 1991: Hirsch Coliseum
    Jan. 16, 17, 18, 1997: Hirsch Coliseum

In New Orleans he played 7 shows in 3 day with three shows on Saturday with the last show starting at midnight and ending around 3 am. Crazy!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Here's the Tech seal used in the Garth opening.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    Dec. 7, 1991: Hirsch Coliseum
    Jan. 16, 17, 18, 1997: Hirsch Coliseum
    I was at the Dec 7, 1991 concert

There might of been 1000 people in the Hirsch
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I was at the Dec 7, 1991 concert

There might of been 1000 people in the Hirsch
    it was deer and duck season . . .

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Amazing concert. Definitely got my money's worth.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

I'm not sure where Garth played at in Ruston, but he did like a lot of the country music performers from years ago and played anywhere they would let him and maybe even get paid. The Pines in Ringgold used to have a lot of people play at it. He also played a number of bars/clubs in Alexandria and made some good life long friends from that Cenla.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

I watched Garth play the Monroe Civic Center when I was young. It had to be between 1992 and 1994. He put on one of the best concerts I've ever seen.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

When Monroe booked Brooks for a show in the early 90s there was a conflict that caused a cancellation. Weather maybe? I don't recall. I do remember that Brooks rewarded the fans with three shows to replace the one show that was cancelled. All three sold out immediately. Some of you old folks may remember more details.

+ Reply to Thread