+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Design for Tech License Plate

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

New Design for Tech License Plate

If you follow @lkguice, he is slowly revealing the new design - finally getting new state-T

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: New Design for Tech License Plate

Thes is part of reveal (part old/part new)

14h
    Les Guice‏ @lkguice
    @Brister_84 Yes, you will be able to keep your same (original) number but get the new design for a remake fee. Complete details coming soon!

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    14h
    Les Guice‏ @lkguice
    @Brister_84 Yes, you will be able to keep your same (original) number but get the new design for a remake fee. Complete details coming soon!
    Cool. I will have to update mine.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Here it is! What do you guys think of LOUISIANA not being on the same line as TECH UNIVERSITY? I know it has to do with the legality of the tag, but...not sure I've ever seen our University's name broken up that way.

13880301_1331844133511834_7636020245036105702_n.jpg

I like it - I wish the colors were the same - but probably as you stated legality.
    I would have done thisla tech plate.jpg

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Here it is! What do you guys think of LOUISIANA not being on the same line as TECH UNIVERSITY? I know it has to do with the legality of the tag, but...not sure I've ever seen our University's name broken up that way.

Attachment 13577
    Wait for it. ULL trolls will be screaming we're stealing their "name."

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post

Attachment 13577
    It doesn't look good, IMO. TECH UNIVERSITY is pretty bad. Don't know how this got past our identity standards police. The older version looked better, IMO.

They should've either:
    - left off UNIVERSITY like Sportdawg photoshopped.
    - left off UNIVERSITY and BULLDOGS and then put TECH at the bottom instead.
    - or maybe just LOUISIANA at the top with LA TECH at the bottom.

One blue stripe across the bottom looks funny, too. They should've balanced it with a stripe across the top or no stripe at all. Probably would've been best to incorporate the iconic RBR triple stripe on both sides of the wordmarks.

Good that they finally updated the logo but poor execution. Sorry.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

What do they look like for other states?

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Nevermind. Saw a Texas version.

Varsity Bulldog OakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the rough OakTechDawg's Avatar

We could win the national championship in every sport next year and still find something to gripe about. Buy a plate and support it regardless.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't have a problem with the old one (that I still have on my car) --- all they needed to do was update the State T, in my opinion.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    It doesn't look good, IMO. TECH UNIVERSITY is pretty bad. Don't know how this got past our identity standards police. The older version looked better, IMO.

They should've either:

One blue stripe across the bottom looks funny, too. They should've balanced it with a stripe across the top or no stripe at all. Probably would've been best to incorporate the iconic RBR triple stripe on both sides of the wordmarks.

Why don't you haul your butt down to Angola and tell them plate designers/pressers and legal team how it oughta be done. I'll buy a ticket to watch.

I don't think they have the time to read BB&B.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post

They should've either:

I swear, some people will find ANYTHING to bitch about. This plate is remarkably better looking than the previous one.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OakTechDawg View Post
    We could win the national championship in every sport next year and still find something to gripe about. Buy a plate and support it regardless.
    Yeah. If we wore ugly black uniforms with the puppy logo on our helmets, then yeah, I and others would gripe about that landmark moment in Tech history being stained by ugly uniforms. I'm not buying something I think is ugly. Sorry. I said what a lot of people were thinking.

+ Reply to Thread