+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New Design for Tech License Plate

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: New Design for Tech License Plate

I can't turn my marketing brain off. My question is, why did LSU allow its fan base to vote on several options and we didn't? Maybe they value their customers more than Tech values theirs.

Toggah fans voted and the winning design was selected. What did it accomplish for Ellis-shoe? 1. None of their base can gripe if they didn't like it, as it was done by popular vote. 2. Those who voted FOR the winning design will be MORE likely to buy it! From a marketing perspective, THATS WHAT YOU WANT! And oh yeah, a portion of the tag's price is funneled to the University's scholarship fund. Kind of an important detail there, Tech. We NEED THE MONEY. Was it too much work to ask the fan base to vote?

We CONTINUE to do this stuff in a vacuum, and we wonder why are fan base is so anemic...some, actually blame the FANS. Some, as evidenced in this thread say, sit down and stop b**ching. Then there are some of us who realize these are the LITTLE THINGS that we continue to trip over.
    Last edited by ChuckK3; 08-05-2016 at 12:13 PM.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

This "summer somber" thread may actually make it to September.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Its been 20 years basically to get this redesign -

I personally think it was a poor effort on our part and once again I don't think we put our best foot forward with our brand

Basically force feed "this is what it is take it or leave it"...

And I have a HEAVY financial investment in all things TECH as most of y'all know
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    I can't turn my marketing brain off. My question is, why did LSU allow its fan base to vote on several options and we didn't? Maybe they value their customers more than Tech values theirs.

Toggah fans voted and the winning design was selected. What did it accomplish for Ellis-shoe? 1. None of their base can gripe if they didn't like it, as it was done by popular vote. 2. Those who voted FOR the winning design will be MORE likely to buy it! From a marketing perspective, THATS WHAT YOU WANT! And oh yeah, a portion of the tag's price is funneled to the University's scholarship fund. Kind of an important detail there, Tech. We NEED THE MONEY. Was it too much work to ask the fan base to vote?

We CONTINUE to do this stuff in a vacuum, and we wonder why are fan base is so anemic...some, actually blame the FANS. Some, as evidenced in this thread say, sit down and stop b**ching. Then there are some of us who realize these are the LITTLE THINGS that we continue to trip over.
    Very good post! I was unaware the fans of the Baton Rouge school got to vote on the design. That's a great idea and we should have done the same thing. Would have generated a lot of interest.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Personally I'm glad there were no choices or voting on the new design, because there is a chance we could have ended up with the "Los Angeles Tech on the blue boot" logo.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    Personally I'm glad there were no choices or voting on the new design, because there is a chance we could have ended up with the "Los Angeles Tech on the blue boot" logo.
    or worse, the stupid puppy.

+ Reply to Thread