+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: South Endzone Seats

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Re: South Endzone Seats

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Those "double dippers" have been carrying the load for many years.

Tough to get inside the mind of the types who make these bad decisions...there will be bunches of unoccupied chair backs and taxed bench seating like always.
    I said double dippers may be the reason we have empty seats in one and/or two areas of the stadium. I did not say it was not deserved for being avid supporters. Empty seats, no matter the reason, do not look good on TV. Poorly attended games will not allow Tech to move upward into another conference should the opportunity arise. Butts in seats are important for many reasons and people buying tickets in two areas and not giving them away or giving them up to waiting list folks does not help.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post
    I inquired about chairbacks last year and was told by the ticket office that the folks that paid the license fee and had seats in the DAC kept their season tickets in the chair backs as well. My comment was that that explains the empty seats in chairs and DAC as one human cannot occupy two spaces at the same time which contributed to the emptiness at some games. May be that seat fee this year for chairbacks is a way to discourage some of the DAC'ers from double dipping and letting some common folk into chairs in the future.
    Those "double dippers" have been carrying the load for many years.

Tough to get inside the mind of the types who make these bad decisions...there will be bunches of unoccupied chair backs and taxed bench seating like always.
    I said double dippers may be the reason we have empty seats in one and/or two areas of the stadium. I did not say it was not deserved for being avid supporters. Empty seats, no matter the reason, do not look good on TV. Poorly attended games will not allow Tech to move upward into another conference should the opportunity arise. Butts in seats are important for many reasons and people buying tickets in two areas and not giving them away or giving them up to waiting list folks does not help.
    I guess I am a "double dipper". Hum.... but we always hand out our extra tickets to family and friends. But I sure don't want to keep others from the pleasure of being season ticket holders. So ETxBullDawg from Tyler, it sounds like we need to meet here in Tyler.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I guess I am a "double dipper". Hum.... but we always hand out our extra tickets to family and friends. But I sure don't want to keep others from the pleasure of being season ticket holders. So ETxBullDawg from Tyler, it sounds like we need to meet here in Tyler.
    Anytime... Thank you for being an outstanding supporter!!!

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Double Dipper?!?! How 'bout Double Payer?😉

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    Double Dipper?!?! How 'bout Double Payer?
    You guys are concentrating on the financial aspect (which is vitally important). I am suggesting that a stadium filled with people is just as important for TV $$ and conference affiliations. Empty seating on the home field side between the 30 yard line stands out like a sore thumb during televised games. Maybe we should place some cardboard cutouts of you "double payers" in your chairbacks to make it look like we have a larger crowd.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are concentrating on the financial aspect (which is vitally important). I am suggesting that a stadium filled with people is just as important for TV $$ and conference affiliations. Empty seating on the home field side between the 30 yard line stands out like a sore thumb during televised games. Maybe we should place some cardboard cutouts of you "double payers" in your chairbacks to make it look like we have a larger crowd.
    .....or put multi colored chairs there like they do in the Super Dome. (Do they still do that?)

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

You are new to the board. Welcome BTW! We've been discussing solutions to those empty chair back seats for years. One common solution we've discussed would require a fair amount of work by our Admin, but it's far from impossible. Vouchers for resale by the seat holder and/or rewards to the seat holder for them working to MAKE SURE their seats are filled.

We know for sure that there will be empty chair backs again this year and IMO there will be more empty seats in the "taxed seating" area than ever before. I fully expect the seat Nazis to waste good money paying somebody to prevent people from sitting there w/out tickets. There were so many other ways they could have increased seating, but the ticket boss only has one goal in mind and it ain't what's best for LaTech sports.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been to a game in Ruston for several years. Who are these seat Nazis of whom you speak? In all my earlier attendance years (up to about 2010) no one ever asked to see my ticket. Only a few times have I actually not sat in my seat and that was because someone was there to be near his family and there were plenty of others available - generally better. If I am sitting in someone else's seat I will gladly and quickly move.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I haven't been to a game in Ruston for several years. Who are these seat Nazis of whom you speak? In all my earlier attendance years (up to about 2010) no one ever asked to see my ticket.
    It's a new thing they began doing at MBB games last year. Hundreds of empty seats, but they did a good job of keeping them out of those empty seats in the lower arena.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

With the progress being made with robots .....HMMMM, may kill two birds with one stone. Faces in the crowd and easy scores for some of the horny underclassmen. (can't believe I posted that )

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

It's a new thing they began doing at MBB games last year. Hundreds of empty seats, but they did a good job of keeping them out of those empty seats in the lower arena.
    Now I realize you were talking about the chair back seats. I never tried to take an empty one of those. I believe it would probably be too difficult to police the remainder of the stadium without more Nazis than attendees. Since they check at the gate on the west side I guess it would be hard for a general admission ticket holder to get in on that side. I don't what they do on the east side to keep the general admissions out of the reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Now I realize you were talking about the chair back seats. I never tried to take an empty one of those. I believe it would probably be too difficult to police the remainder of the stadium without more Nazis than attendees. Since they check at the gate on the west side I guess it would be hard for a general admission ticket holder to get in on that side. I don't what they do on the east side to keep the general admissions out of the reserved.
    No, I predict there will be paid staff on duty at games to prevent those not holding season tickets in the taxed sections from sitting in those sections.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

A RhinoDawg and family Fathead... I would gladly pay for that!

I wonder if I could get Coach Mick to wave it the way the students wave a CSH Fathead when the TV cameras pan over them?

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Some of the fans in the end zone spend a lot of time inside with the food and beverage. It's also air conditioned there which is nice early in the season when it's hot, especially if you have kids there. It's crowded up there every game.

+ Reply to Thread