+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Olympics

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Re: Olympics

I know people seem less interested in the Olympics than in the past, but I thought this was one of the best years I could remember. Some great stories. Some exciting matchups. NBC spent less time doing sappy stories and more time covering actual sports (though the insistence on tape delay is still annoying).

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    I know people seem less interested in the Olympics than in the past, but I thought this was one of the best years I could remember. Some great stories. Some exciting matchups. NBC spent less time doing sappy stories and more time covering actual sports (though the insistence on tape delay is still annoying).
    I love the Olympics but NBC has been too PC in their stupid yapping. I think this over abundance of NBC's PC being hammered at the audience has caused some of the lack of interest in all honesty.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

OK, so soccer question. I watched most of the extended time in the gold medal match. The Brazilian team was pressing hard and trying to score to win. The Germans didn't act like they could be bothered. They played keep away when they had it and pressed virtually nothing. It looked like they just wanted to go to penalty kicks. If that's the case, they kind of guessed wrong. Would the Germans have had some reason to believe they'd be more likely to win in penalty kicks? Not sure I see why -- Brazil's goalie really should have stopped two of their shots.

Thought it was kind of absurd watching a team not bother even trying to win.
    Historically the Germans have been awesome in PKs. They have won a lot of titles after a match goes to PKs. The Brazilians, by contrast, haven't faired as well in PKs. It is true Brazil's big goalie has been stellar. When a match goes into extra time, and legs are tired, there is a risk, if you push the attack, that your defense might not get back, and the other side get a goal off a counter-attack.

The German coach made a tactical decision to play it safe in the OT, thinking if it went to PKs, the odds were in their favor. Last night, it didn't work out for them.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Historically the Germans have been awesome in PKs. They have won a lot of titles after a match goes to PKs. The Brazilians, by contrast, haven't faired as well in PKs. It is true Brazil's big goalie has been stellar. When a match goes into extra time, and legs are tired, there is a risk, if you push the attack, that your defense might not get back, and the other side get a goal off a counter-attack.

The German coach made a tactical decision to play it safe in the OT, thinking if it went to PKs, the odds were in their favor. Last night, it didn't work out for them.
    That does make sense. It really didn't work out, though. The goalie really did seem to have their number.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Some of the delay was brutal. My little kids were really into the Olympics, but a lot of the best stuff was sooooo late.

+ Reply to Thread