+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/3: Arkansas game

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Conf Sec 9/3: Arkansas game

Louisiana Tech @ Arkansas
    September 3, 2016

Kickoff: 3:00PM
    TV: SEC Network

Pregame Event
    Join the Alumni Association and LTAC prior to the LA Tech vs. Arkansas game for a pregame event.

George's Majestic Lounge (website)
    519 W. Dickson St.
    Fayetteville, AR 712701
    11am to 1pm
    $20 Food included / Cash bar available

Bulldog BoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the rough

Re: 9/3: Arkansas game

I'll be there with five friends!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a lot of relatives in NWA. George's used to be a gay bar from what I was told. Not that it matters to me but it might shock some of our sheltered fans.
    Looks like a neat place based on the website and some of the reviews I read. I spend a lot of time up there but have never been there. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in town.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    George's used to be a gay bar from what I was told.
    One of my ChemE professors bartended there when he an undergrad. Told some interesting stories.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I have a lot of relatives in NWA. George's used to be a gay bar from what I was told. Not that it matters to me but it might shock some of our sheltered fans.
    Looks like a neat place based on the website and some of the reviews I read. I spend a lot of time up there but have never been there. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in town.
    Of course not!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Arkansas vs. Louisiana Tech 1997
    Recap from the Danny Ford coach's show.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Wowl Just in these few video clips, I see what should have been at least TWO penalties against Arkansas for hitting LA Tech ball carriers out of bounds. At the 1:12 mark (on Rattay) and at the 5:26 mark.

I also didn't realize we missed a chip shot 28-yard FG.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Wowl Just in these few video clips, I see what should have been at least TWO penalties against Arkansas for hitting LA Tech ball carriers out of bounds. At the 1:12 mark (on Rattay) and at the 5:26 mark.

. Arkansas grad Bill Clinton was sitting on 50 yard line smoking a cigar

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

One of the most infamous games in Tech history. There were dozens of other calls and no calls that went against us from an SEC officiating crew. Danny Ford even apologized to Crowton after the game for what happened. The second half in particular was a joke. Even the missed field goal was questionable. Our kicker and holder went directly to the Referee after the "miss" to argue the call. The referee then had a discussion with the official under the goal post who called it wide.

Something similar happened in 1996 when Tech went up 21-7 against Arkansas in the first half. Arkansas' pass rushers began to hit Jason Martin late time after time. Our sideline was going crazy. We didn't get a single call all night, and Martin was knocked out of the game. Also with an SEC officiating crew.

After those two games coupled with what happened to Tech at South Carolina in both 1991 and 1992 where SEC officials were used, Oakes insisted that we have a split crew for Tech's game at Alabama later that season. Tech was using CUSA officials. Bobby Aillet, who was the supervisor of officials for the SEC at the time, did not object. The problems we had with the SEC crews went back to a long-standing grudge the SEC officials had with Tech over Jerry Stovall's decision to drop the SEC as our game officials before the 1991 season because of expenses. It cost the SEC officials assigned to our games paychecks for those Saturdays that season. Everybody was aware of what was going on. The SEC crews were that crooked in that era. They made Tech pay for that for years, even after Stovall was gone.

While Aillet didn't object, Alabama said no to the request and insisted a full SEC crew be used. Oakes then did something I don't know if Dooley or Bruce or Tommy would ever do. He told Alabama that if we didn't get a split crew we would not show up in Tuscaloosa that weekend. We got the split crew. The officials swallowed their whistles. And Tech took the win.

The best part of all of it was on a crucial third down run late in the game. Tech TE Josh Bradley obviously held on the play, but there was no way it was going to get called. Mal Moore, prior to his tenure as Alabama AD, was doing color commentary for Alabama's television broadcasts. When the obvious hold wasn't called, he started screaming. "We've got to have that call".
    Last edited by The Historian; 08-14-2016 at 03:04 PM.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Yep, TECH playing against Arkansas and the officials. It seems like we are playing against the officials all the time.

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

Any idea who is officiating?

For the folks coming up to Fayetteville,

If you have time driving up or leaving, I suggest taking the Pig Trail Scenic Byway (Ark Hwy 23). You go through some crazy curvy roads.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by NavyBulldog1 View Post
    Any idea who is officiating?
    At the bottom of his story, Isabella posted the updated contract for the Arkansas game and several others. In the contract for the Arkansas game, page 2, paragraph 15. "Officials shall be appointed from the Southeastern Conference"

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/spo...2016/88001994/

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    At the bottom of his story, Isabella posted the updated contract for the Arkansas game and several others. In the contract for the Arkansas game, page 2, paragraph 15. "Officials shall be appointed from the Southeastern Conference"

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/spo...2016/88001994/
    TAC Basement: We had to accept SEC officials or they would have cancelled the game. (this is why we moved the game according to the basement)

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

During the Joe Raymond era, we caught hell from SEC officiating crews. Questionable calls and no calls factored heavily in games at Mississippi St. in 87 and 88 and at South Carolina in 91 and 92.

+ Reply to Thread