+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For all you State T Lovers...

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Re: For all you State T Lovers...

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Will the bass drums have any Tech decal on the drum head? Or will it just be the Pearl branding logo?
    bass drum heads will be inked with Tech logos. From the description I was given...I personally think they went overboard with the drum heads...but I will wait until i see them before passing judgement. And the drum heads used wouldn't be pearl stock heads anyway. They will be remo or evans = much smaller logos. I don't know if they will remain visible on the heads or not. it sounds to be like the entire head will be inked with some sort of a background.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Will the bass drums have any Tech decal on the drum head? Or will it just be the Pearl branding logo?
    I saw a picture a while back. Completely custom thwowback to the "Blue Thunder" theme.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    bass drum heads will be inked with Tech logos. From the description I was given...I personally think they went overboard with the drum heads...but I will wait until i see them before passing judgement. And the drum heads used wouldn't be pearl stock heads anyway. They will be remo or evans = much smaller logos. I don't know if they will remain visible on the heads or not. it sounds to be like the entire head will be inked with some sort of a background.
    Yeah. They looked busy.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I saw a picture a while back. Completely custom thwowback to the "Blue Thunder" theme.
    that's exactly what I heard...but have not seen the mock up. i wasn't crazy about the idea. and no one knows what blue thunder is anymore. that was even way before my time.

that's exactly what I heard...but have not seen the mock up. i wasn't crazy about the idea. and no one knows what blue thunder is anymore. that was even way before my time.
    THe picture I saw, while creative, was WAY too busy, in my opinion.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I know that is what the percussion section nicknamed themselves back in the day. I hope they go with something that is more university related than a section name (ie Tech logo, wordmark)

they will have logos

I know that is what the percussion section nicknamed themselves back in the day. I hope they go with something that is more university related than a section name (ie Tech logo, wordmark)
    There wasn't a section name, or the words "Blue Thunder" but there were lightning bolts in the background. I was not a fan of them. To quote a phrase that my wife likes to use, they were "workin' with too much."

There wasn't a section name, or the words "Blue Thunder" but there were lightning bolts in the background. I was not a fan of them. To quote a phrase that my wife likes to use, they were "workin' with too much."
    I don't think I will be either.

On another note...they had a camp today. I got to play with them during the morning session. My arms hurt, but I can still give it a go. I think they were surprised at an old guy coming in and out playing them (maybe?).

And none of them have ever played or even heard of Marty Gras. but they may play it again this year.

These were the best questions:
    "Did you play snare?" Uh, yeah. 4 years
    "Did you play on the end or close to center?" Uh, next to center and center last two years.
    "Were you in pbr while you were here?" Uh, yeah. I was president for a year.
    "Ok you win."

Ha ha
    Last edited by RhythmDawg; 08-13-2016 at 04:04 PM.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

There seems to be an organized effort in our administration to move away from the plain state T. Not sure why anybody would approve of the extra unnecessary lettering over the old stand by. Maybe some think the Louisiana outline is not unique and some stupid people need the extra lettering for branding purposes.

Maxie Lambright got it right, but we continue to try to fix the unbroken 50 years later.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    There seems to be an organized effort in our administration to move away from the plain state T. Not sure why anybody would approve of the extra unnecessary lettering over the old stand by.
    It's all part of a worldwide conspiracy by the liberal media establishment to supplant traditional American family values with radical homosexual communism.

There seems to be an organized effort in our administration to move away from the plain state T. Not sure why anybody would approve of the extra unnecessary lettering over the old stand by. Maybe some think the Louisiana outline is not unique and some stupid people need the extra lettering for branding purposes.

Maxie Lambright got it right, but we continue to try to fix the unbroken 50 years later.
    And you are giving major props to the band for using the traditional state T on the new unis and drums, right?

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Ok, but the band is just using the State T. Not the Athletics logo.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    It's all part of a worldwide conspiracy by the liberal media establishment to supplant traditional American family values with radical homosexual communism.
    This is true. I know you meant it as sarcasm (and a weak attempt at humor), but it is 100% spot on. Now, we'll have this quote from you for future reference.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

And you are giving major props to the band for using the traditional state T on the new unis and drums, right?
    Yes of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Ok, but the band is just using the State T. Not the Athletics logo.
    There is not set "Athletics" logo.

Just noticed today that the MBB team tweeted pics of the new chairs in the meeting room. If nothing else, why go to the extra expense of the overkill logo?

+ Reply to Thread