+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UMASS game 10/15/2016

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Re: UMASS game 10/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by dawg68 View Post
    At one time Providence was a good bit cheaper than Boston primarily because Southwest flew into PVD and the other airlines had to compete. Easier airport to get in and out of also.
    You can fly Southwest into Boston as well, but I agree with you that Logan is a hard airport to get in and out of.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    I heard the Alumni Association unveiled a $1,000 travel package to this game yesterday.
    I don't travel much. How does that price strike some of you "worldly travelers"?

I assume $2K for two? Not including meals? What does it include?

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

U MASS has home games with Boston College, Mississippi State, Tulane, TECH, and they have an on campus stadium where they play Tulane. Theyre playing MSU, TECH and BC at Gillette. They average 16,000. Why do they play certain games in Gillette ? They have the oddest schedule ive ever seen playing the final three games on the road and one stretch three in a row at home. Also I thought they were in the MAC but they dont play any MAC teams so they must not be.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

The team is staying at Boston Newton Marriott, we're staying there also. I passed on the $1,000 package which includes room and some tours (which we've done). Heading up a week early to tour Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, etc. Never been out there.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    Also I thought they were in the MAC but they dont play any MAC teams so they must not be.
    They were MAC for football only. But they were kicked out bc they wouldn't join for all sports.

It's more nuanced than that, I'm sure ... but that's the short, short version.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

They play in Gillet Stadium...that's WAY cool. Our Admin and 50 of our wealthy alumni get to make the trip.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post
    The team is staying at Boston Newton Marriott, we're staying there also. I passed on the $1,000 package which includes room and some tours (which we've done). Heading up a week early to tour Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, etc. Never been out there.
    Plan/Book your ferry ride from Wood's Hole now to Martha's Vineyard if it includes your rent car. It can get crowded. Been there, done that. The island occupancy starts dropping drastically after Oct. 1.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog dawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post
    Pack you some Tony Chachere's or Slap ya Mama because their seafood is bland by LA standards. You will enjoy the Cape.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    They play in Gillet Stadium...that's WAY cool. Our Admin and 50 of our wealthy alumni get to make the trip.
    Thanks for labeling me wealthy, makes me feel good. The game has been on the books for years and I planned ahead.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dawg68 View Post
    Pack you some Tony Chachere's or Slap ya Mama because their seafood is bland by LA standards. You will enjoy the Cape.
    I say try their food as is. You can't go wrong with loads of butter. They do a white wine with garlic sauce for their oysters that I found particularly good.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I don't travel much. How does that price strike some of you "worldly travelers"?

I assume $2K for two? Not including meals? What does it include?

Looks very reasonably priced. Includes some meals.

http://www.latechalumni.org/s/810/in...id=1&pgid=1497

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Looks very reasonably priced. Includes some meals.

http://www.latechalumni.org/s/810/in...id=1&pgid=1497
    Whatever you say. Hotel stay and four meals for 1,000, plus all the sight seeing BS. Sounds like our AD worked out the arrangements.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

LSU's is $2600 for air fare, hotel, tour of Lambeau Field, bus ride, and game tickets.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever you say. Hotel stay and four meals for 1,000, plus all the sight seeing BS. Sounds like our AD worked out the arrangements.

You asked and I answered. Sorry Not Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    You asked and I answered. Sorry Not Sorry.
    Yes it took me about 10 minutes to find a deal that included air fare and 3 nights at the team hotel for under 1000. Of course that didn't include three breakfast and one dinner along with shuttles and the great tours involved.

+ Reply to Thread