+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Who Doesn't Belong in the Picture?

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Re: Who Doesn't Belong in the Picture?

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    As others have posted, every school that asked is being granted an interview via teleconference. At the same time, Arkansas State is attempting to increase its slim chances of receiving an AAC invitation.
    Oh I get it..Worth asking right? Not going to hurt you to be on the list..up to 20 haha

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Oh I get it..Worth asking right? Not going to hurt you to be on the list..up to 20 haha
    Waste of time and resources unless you half-ass do it. Which ain't gonna happen with Dr. Guice in charge.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

its a teleconference? What are you wasting but 30 mins

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

At this point it's putting your name on a list that teams like Lafayette aren't desperate enough to pursue.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

its a teleconference? What are you wasting but 30 mins
    Agreed, and the feedback alone could be great for future moves.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Agreed, and the feedback alone could be great for future moves.
    Really? The feed back from who? I'm embarrassed some of us even want to be a part of that group at this point.

Either our AD got one right or he checked with his boss before submitting the embarrassing resume'

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Really? The feed back from who? I'm embarrassed some of us even want to be a part of that group at this point.

Either our AD got one right or he checked with his boss before submitting the embarrassing resume'
    I'm just repeating what I heard as an excuse from an Akstate fan on CSNbbs. They were saying they knew they didn't have a chance, but the video presentation would be a good draft for the AAC as the feedback from the B12 would be useful in how to improve their presentation. Plus, it would give the AD interview experience for the AAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    I'm just repeating what I heard as an excuse from an Akstate fan on CSNbbs. They were saying they knew they didn't have a chance, but the video presentation would be a good draft for the AAC as the feedback from the B12 would be useful in how to improve their presentation. Plus, it would give the AD interview experience for the AAC.
    We got a high dollar presentation from Lafayette for free. I doubt our AD will understand the value or the significance of the presentation Lafayette paid for, but gave to everybody in the world to use for free. The best suggestion I've ever seen that certainly applies to us (slight paraphrase)...

If you are "the best kept secret" you are screwing up by remaining a secret.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    What?! No he's not. He's a employee in a corporation whose sole, exclusive purpose is to create value for shareholders. If printing the truth sells ads, subscriptions, clicks, etc ... then great.

But if half truths, exaggerations, intentional omissions, willfull ignorance, and/or outright fabrications are what sells ... then that's what the man's gotta do.

His only 'obligation' is to entice you keep reading. But he's not 'obligated to tell the truth' any more than the fry cook at Burger King is obligated to make you a healthy lunch.
    I understand your point, but technically, every journalist should be motivated by his or her ethics to tell the truth. That's Journalism 101. That said, I'm not the one who's arguing Sean is telling half-truths.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    That said, I'm not the one who's arguing Sean is telling half-truths.
    It's worse than that.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    We got a high dollar presentation from Lafayette for free. I doubt our AD will understand the value or the significance of the presentation Lafayette paid for, but gave to everybody in the world to use for free. The best suggestion I've ever seen that certainly applies to us (slight paraphrase)...

If you are "the best kept secret" you are screwing up by remaining a secret.
    Very true

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I understand your point, but technically, every journalist should be motivated by his or her ethics to tell the truth. That's Journalism 101. That said, I'm not the one who's arguing Sean is telling half-truths.
    Haven't you heard? Journalism 101 is no longer a required course.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    Haven't you heard? Journalism 101 is no longer a required course.
    It should be mandatory remedial for most of those "journalists" today.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

so it wouldnt hurt to ask
    Quote Originally Posted by OldDawg View Post
    I don't think what they've taken a chance because they have no chance. What they've done is show they do not have a realistic self image. They are acting like that girl in high school that kept saying if you need a date to the prom she's available and if asked would say yes. I'm guessing you formed an unfavorable opinion of her and moved on. The Big 12 is being courteous by taking presentations from all who expressed interest but their feeling about stAte is similar to that high school experience.
    The B12 is more like the pretty girl than stAte is the desperate girl. It never hurts to ask the pretty girl for a date.

Abridged:

"Who, What(do I think), where, When, & Why(do I think)."
    Truth? Fact? If it sounds good (to me).

Oh, Who doesn't belong in this picture? TECH.

+ Reply to Thread