+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To all going to the Arkansas game...

Puppy Mogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her game

To all going to the Arkansas game...

If you are coming up from the Shreveport area, I highly suggest taking highway 71 from Texarkana to Fort Smith rather than taking I-30 from Texarkana to Little Rock and then I-40 from Little Rock to Fort Smith. Highway 71 is quicker and the Ouachita Mountain scenery is beautiful. When approaching Fayetteville on I-49, take exit 60 and follow the traffic to Baum stadium (baseball stadium). Free parking will be available in the baseball stadium parking lot. There will be buses lined up to take fans to the football stadium free of charge. These buses will also be lined up after the game to take fans back to the baseball stadium. This is the cheapest and easiest way of avoiding traffic during pregame and postgame.

By the way, new to the board here. I've been lurking for years but just now got around to joining. I grew up a Razorback fan and became a Louisiana Tech fan during my college years. So this is a big game for me. Hoping for a good game! GO DAWGS!!!! I hope to see all of you at the game!

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Re: To all going to the Arkansas game...

Big time game for us all. I already got the Arkansas State win. Just need this one.

Can't let the UA friends get anything over me.

Puppy Mogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her gameMogu1993 is on top of his/her game

If anyone is looking for tickets, Stubhub has some in the upper deck for just $6 or the lower deck in the $25 range. The Tech section will be in sections 111, 509, 510, 511, and 512. But beware, those seats will be in the sunshine the entire game. If you'd like to sit in the shade, you'll have to sit in the west stands (pressbox side). If you're looking for a hotel, I would try Fort Smith, Clarksville, and Russellville in that order. Any hotels in the Fayetteville area will have ridiculous markups. Fort Smith is just 45 minutes south and won't have GameDay markups for non conference games. Only 2.5 weeks away!!!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I got a place through Airbnb for $100 a night in the Mt Sequoyah area. Hope to beat the Hogs. I would love to wear my Tech blue in the office Monday morning and rub the win in their face.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mogu1993 View Post
    If you are coming up from the Shreveport area, I highly suggest taking highway 71 from Texarkana to Fort Smith rather than taking I-30 from Texarkana to Little Rock and then I-40 from Little Rock to Fort Smith. Highway 71 is quicker and the Ouachita Mountain scenery is beautiful. When approaching Fayetteville on I-49, take exit 60 and follow the traffic to Baum stadium (baseball stadium). Free parking will be available in the baseball stadium parking lot. There will be buses lined up to take fans to the football stadium free of charge. These buses will also be lined up after the game to take fans back to the baseball stadium. This is the cheapest and easiest way of avoiding traffic during pregame and postgame.

By the way, new to the board here. I've been lurking for years but just now got around to joining. I grew up a Razorback fan and became a Louisiana Tech fan during my college years. So this is a big game for me. Hoping for a good game! GO DAWGS!!!! I hope to see all of you at the game!
    I agree on taking Highway 71 up to Fort Smith and Fayetteville from Shreveport. I took that route when I drove up to Fayetteville for a half marathon back in April, and it was a beautiful drive up through the mountains.

Before I attended Louisiana Tech, I was born and raised in Arkansas and was of course a Razorback fan. This will be a nice trip up to the stadium in Fayetteville.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

A sidenote . . . Olympics womens golf coverage said one of the players was from the University of Arkansas up in the "Bentonville/Rogers area."

Wow, like Fayetteville is not a unique SEC dateline. I guess everyone goes to Wal-Mart in Bentonville . . . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog OkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    A sidenote . . . Olympics womens golf coverage said one of the players was from the University of Arkansas up in the "Bentonville/Rogers area."

Wow, like Fayetteville is not a unique SEC dateline. I guess everyone goes to Wal-Mart in Bentonville . . . . .
    ???

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by OkieDawg View Post
    ???
    I think he meant that even SEC schools don't have great town recognition as Arkansas' main campus is in Fayetteville, AR, not Bentonville, AR, which is the headquarters/origins of the world-known/infamous Walmart

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

What he meant is Fayetteville has been very well known nationally as the home of UArkansas. . . before there was a Walton's 5 and Dime. The NBC sports talking head is clueless.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

What he meant is Fayetteville has been very well known nationally as the home of UArkansas. . . before there was a Walton's 5 and Dime. The NBC sports talking head is clueless.
    Would you clue me in what a "Walton's 5 and Dime" is please?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Would you clue me in what a "Walton's 5 and Dime" is please?
    Walmart

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I've taken to calling it "Benfaygersdale Springs"

I've also some natives refer to the area as "the NWA".

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I've taken to calling it "Benfaygersdale Springs"

I've also some natives refer to the area as "the NWA".
    Yeah I'm currently in Fayetteville on business and the entire area just blends together. And runs along I-49 for what seems like 30 miles. Traffic is terrible.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mogu1993 View Post
    Yeah I'm currently in Fayetteville on business and the entire area just blends together. And runs along I-49 for what seems like 30 miles. Traffic is terrible.
    In places designed and built exclusively for automobiles, it usually is.

Varsity Bulldog OkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to all

For those of you that might be coming early or extending your stay in Northwest Arkansas ("the NWA" for some, I guess; I've not heard that), you need to visit Crystal Bridges Museum - http://crystalbridges.org/ in Bentonville. It's free! You can thank Walmart for that.

Traffic on I-49 is only bad during rush hours during weekdays. If you're heading north toward Bentonville in the morning or south towards Fayetteville in the afternoon, yes, traffic is bad - accidents and gawkers.

+ Reply to Thread