+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scrimmage impressions

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Re: Scrimmage impressions

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Unless he has been added, he was not on the roster, but is fine to be in camp. I'm not sure he is any color shirt.

I suppose he could be red shirted w/out being on the roster.

Gray shirt means he would have to delay enrollment or limit hours taken (not a full time student)

Green shirts enroll early and are expected to play immediately

Blue shirt is very complicated and I don't think he fell under that one.

Like I said. Confusing as to what he actually is.

Somebody here will know.
    He may not be listed on the roster, but he is in camp and on scholarship. Will he be redshirted? I'm sure he will, but he is in camp and eligible to play this season if need be. Listed as #11 on the roster, 6'3" 220lb FR QB.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Belton is on the roster.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    He may not be listed on the roster, but he is in camp and on scholarship. Will he be redshirted? I'm sure he will, but he is in camp and eligible to play this season if need be. Listed as #11 on the roster, 6'3" 220lb FR QB.
    How do you know he is on scholarship? Obviously you've talked to somebody since your first post on the subject. I figured him for a preferred walk on. It's unusual to give a scholarship to a guy they expect to redshirt and can afford full tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Belton is on the roster.

Okay. I had not looked since P.W's last minute roster was published.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    The term was always "three yards and a cloud of dust."
    If I remember correctly, the term was originally "coined" as a description of Coach Woody Hayes' Ohio State offense

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Unless he has been added, he was not on the roster, but is fine to be in camp. I'm not sure he is any color shirt.

I suppose he could be red shirted w/out being on the roster.

Gray shirt means he would have to delay enrollment or limit hours taken (not a full time student)

Green shirts enroll early and are expected to play immediately

Blue shirt is very complicated and I don't think he fell under that one.

Like I said. Confusing as to what he actually is.

Somebody here will know.
    Man, it has gotten complicated. I thought you were kidding about all the colors. Maybe you are and I fell for it. I thought it was just redshirt or greyshirt.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

How do you know he is on scholarship? Obviously you've talked to somebody since your first post on the subject. I figured him for a preferred walk on. It's unusual to give a scholarship to a guy they expect to redshirt and can afford full tuition.
    My initial question about was a sense of sarcasm. JRB has been on campus since camp started. He signed with Tech. On signing day? No, but he signed. Scholarship guys are redshirted all the time.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

My initial question about was a sense of sarcasm. JRB has been on campus since camp started. He signed with Tech. On signing day? No, but he signed. Scholarship guys are redshirted all the time.
    When did he sign?

I know 'ship guys get red shirted, but those who can afford to pay their own way are sometimes preferred walk ons. I didn't know he actually signed a LOI. Word was he would be a preferred walk on.

It was really strange on signing day. He was shown signing papers wearing Tech gear, but was not listed as one of the 16 signees. Since then, I've never seen an announcement.

When did he sign?

I know 'ship guys get red shirted, but those who can afford to pay their own way are sometimes preferred walk ons. I didn't know he actually signed a LOI. Word was he would be a preferred walk on.

It was really strange on signing day. He was shown signing papers wearing Tech gear, but was not listed as one of the 16 signees. Since then, I've never seen an announcement.
    I haven't seen an announcement either, but I know for a fact he's on scholarship.

I haven't seen an announcement either, but I know for a fact he's on scholarship.
    Good deal. Sure was handled in a strange way.

I went back and looked to find an announcement just make sure I had not missed it. We've had at least two openings since Feb.3. Maybe more. Not doubting you at all, but this did show up on Feb. 3...

In all, the class that Holtz is bringing in includes 14 players out of high school with four junior college transfers. Of the newcomers nine are on defense, seven are on offense with two athletes that could play on either side of the ball. Additionally, two walk-ons - Jon Randall Belton and Kennedy Madison - will be joining the program as walk-ons.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Purple shirt: Posted bond and eligible to play.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Purple shirt: Posted bond and eligible to play.
    Ha!

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

I agree. Arkansas will be very physical. I hope the dawgs win, but win on lose I hope they come out of the game with no serious injuries, especially to key players! Alabama was pretty beat up after the Arkansas game last year.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Holtz has already said he won't make a mockery of Higgins' punishment, so I would expect him to sit Higgins for at least the entire first half. And maybe the entire game.

I expect Arkansas --in typical Bret Bielema style-- to run the ball hard all day. It will be 2 yds and a cloud of dust, smash mouth football. This game won't be like our past games against Arkansas. Bielema is the king of smash mouth football. We've got to be smart enough to keep moving the chains on offense, and not get bogged down by trying to play their game. We need to open it up. Whoever our best "passing" QB is, will need to have a big day.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I expect Arkansas --in typical Bret Bielema style-- to run the ball hard all day. It will be 2 yds and a cloud of dust, smash mouth football. This game won't be like our past games against Arkansas. Bielema is the king of smash mouth football. We've got to be smart enough to keep moving the chains on offense, and not get bogged down by trying to play their game. We need to open it up. Whoever our best "passing" QB is, will need to have a big day.
    I missed this, but I think it's dead on. That's why Arkansas is so susceptible to being upset. If they are playing from behind, they have to get out of their game. In essence, our only hope against Arkansas is that J'Mar is the ultimate gamer and he can get Arkansas in a hole early.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Arkansas averaged 268 yds./game passing and 197 yds./game rushing in 2015, so I'm not sure where the 2 yards and a cloud of dust is coming from. They will have a new QB and 3 new OL so I would be more inclined to try blitzing more to confuse them. Their defense was bad last year, especially DB, but most of their defense is back and they expect to be better.

I expect our offense to struggle, so the defense will have to keep us in the game.

+ Reply to Thread