+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tech 2020 Benchmarks

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech 2020 Benchmarks

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    So we are in the middle of 2020 and nothing from our University on Tech 2020.
    Still got 6 months to send a 280 character tweet! Now taking bets as to whether this will happen

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

A list of bullet-points is nice, especially to try to drum up fund-raising.

But with no evident plan to achieve any of those bullet-points other than the colossal failure of increasing enrollment (even without the pandemic), it was just another in a long set of Tech underachievements.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Epic fail.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Stating the obvious...

How many other "plans" were set to culminate in 2020. How many of those plans involved a tornado and an epidemic during the 12 to 18 month wrap up period. Also, throw in the state politicians who have screwed us around...

Interesting that the tornado assisted some of improvements, but local residents suffered in a great way. Tough times.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    FYI- There has been a radical shift of the University funding model over the last decade, as state direct institutional support to higher education has been heavily slashed and that shortfall being shifted to students in the form of tuition.

https://www.cbpp.org/sites/default/f...ighered_la.pdf

This data is from 2016, and, as I think most of you know, the cuts didn’t end then.
    Yep! I was on the finance advisory committee to then president of NSU, Dr. Webb. The shift has basically flipped the funding model, from 80-20 state giving to the school, 80% "state funded" and 20% "self-reliant," to now being 80% "self-reliant." Along the way most state universities have seen their budgets slashed by upwards of 40%. But, truthfully, there is still too much "fat" in their budgets. More can be trimmed.

I rotated off that committee in late 2014, but stayed connected to it and what was going on at NSU and throughout the UL system. Many department heads, and their faculty, got off their lazy azzes and went out to secure funding from outside sources and donors. I had to do that for my department too, but had already been doing that since 2009 when I was appointed department head. There were Federal grants available too, but again, that required EFFORT! to seek them and write the grant application. I secured two such grants, each about $350,000, and each time I was able to hire a temporary staffer to manage it and provide the services it would cover.

BUT!!! here's the big question, I have never been able to find the answer. When the state shifted $hundreds of millions away from the public universities, which they did over about an 8-year span...what happened to that money? Some (a little) was shifted to K-12 public schools, but not enough to account for the whole wad. Hmmm....It just disappeared!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Tax credits to businesses, including the Hollywood type.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Tax credits to businesses, including the Hollywood type.
    Yes, but tax credits while great to get, as a business, still netted some into the state treasury. And the total of all those credits does not add up to the amount "taken" from the state colleges. I have somewhere in my stack of mess in my home office financial reports on all of that...they cover from 2006 to 2015.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yes, but tax credits while great to get, as a business, still netted some into the state treasury. And the total of all those credits does not add up to the amount "taken" from the state colleges. I have somewhere in my stack of mess in my home office financial reports on all of that...they cover from 2006 to 2015.
    Jingles tax breaks for companies cost the state around a billion a year. If Louisiana broadened it’s tax base, the state might be less poor. Louisiana is like the 4th most generous state to corporations.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Stating the obvious...

How many other "plans" were set to culminate in 2020. How many of those plans involved a tornado and an epidemic during the 12 to 18 month wrap up period. Also, throw in the state politicians who have screwed us around...

Interesting that the tornado assisted some of improvements, but local residents suffered in a great way. Tough times.
    But we tapered off on communicating this plan to alumns/stakeholders years ago. I started this thread in 2016 and haven't heard much after that. I don't remember when it was first announced.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

But we tapered off on communicating this plan to alumns/stakeholders years ago. I started this thread in 2016 and haven't heard much after that. I don't remember when it was first announced.
    Jon Bel Obama and the rest...

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

So we are in the middle of 2020 and nothing from our University on Tech 2020.
    So, end of year. Anything come out?

Has Guice's job been officially reviewed at all? Does he have a contract for set amount of years or is he just there until he doesn't want to be?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

So we finished up 2020, nothing from Guice on Tech 2020.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

So we finished up 2020, nothing from Guice on Tech 2020.
    I think they think we're stupid.

They shouldn't announce any future campaign. There is no follow through.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Stating the obvious...

Stating the obvious again.

+ Reply to Thread