+ Reply to Thread

Thread: English Bulldog faces grim future

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

English Bulldog faces grim future

Just an article I came across. The breed needs diversity.

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/07/2...ture/21441682/

Varsity Bulldog eddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really nice eddawgfan's Avatar

Re: English Bulldog faces grim future

Thanks for sharing! Very interesting information and video!I was shocked when my bulldog died suddenly...she was pampered! Vet informed me of the shorter lifespan of English Bulldogs. I would love to have another one someday even knowing this but the asking price for them is way out of my reach!

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuzDawg73 View Post
    The breed needs diversity.
    TWSS

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by eddawgfan View Post
    Thanks for sharing! Very interesting information and video!I was shocked when my bulldog died suddenly...she was pampered! Vet informed me of the shorter lifespan of English Bulldogs. I would love to have another one someday even knowing this but the asking price for them is way out of my reach!
    If you want a bulldog, get an Old English Bulldog. They have the bulldog looking face, but, are taller and much more athletic. I saw some puppies advertised in the paper about a month ago.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    If you want a bulldog, get an Old English Bulldog. They have the bulldog looking face, but, are taller and much more athletic. I saw some puppies advertised in the paper about a month ago.
    Agreed. OEBs have a much better outlook health-wise than the standard English bulldog. The next dog we get will be an OEB. We have an American/English bulldog mix and other than some minor skin allergies and the heart worms he had when we got him, we've never had an issue with him. He's a beast of a dog.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    Agreed. OEBs have a much better outlook health-wise than the standard English bulldog. The next dog we get will be an OEB. We have an American/English bulldog mix and other than some minor skin allergies and the heart worms he had when we got him, we've never had an issue with him. He's a beast of a dog.
    When I was a kid about 60 years ago we had a female Old English. She loved to catch hogs when we went hunting and we also worked her on cows. If we had a cow that was hard to get in the trailer, she would grab the cow in the nose and walk her in the trailer. We would throw sticks out in the pond and after she retrieved 5 or 6 we would throw a rock and she would retrieve the rock from the bottom of the pond. Modern day English bulldogs have been bred for broad shoulders and rear ends and short muzzles which makes it hard for them to breathe and they can't move because their legs are so far apart. This is what dog show judges want, but, they ignore the standard that says they were working dogs.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Love the Bulldogs but will probably never own one. My vet told me he put two girls through college treating Bulldogs!

+ Reply to Thread