+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High School Football Results -

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

High School Football Results -

Class 6A Texas powerhouse Allen High School manhandled national power Hoover, AL tonight 25-7 in Allen's 22K seat stadium. The 4-time state champion (2008, '12, '13 & '14) Eagles outgained Hoover 180 yds to 50 yds in the deciding 2nd half.

It was Allen's first game of the 2016 season, and Hoover's second. According to the announcers, Hoover has 14 Division 1A football scholarship candidates on their 2016 roster.

Allen will host Shreveport Evangel Christian Academy next week.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: High School Football Results -

I was up in your neck of the woods watching McKinney play Pearce. McKinney has a little WR who can fly. I had to come home and google him. He's Quinton Quirrenbach. 5'11, 160. Junior. He had 6 catches for 276 yards and 4 TDs tonight. He was just getting behind everybody.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    According to the announcers, Hoover has 14 Division 1A football scholarship candidates on their 2016 roster..
    I love when the announcers say 1A now that there is no 1A. Before they always said "D1" which included 1AA, which they really didn't mean to include. These guys rarely do their homework.

I'll take DFW high school football over Alabama high school football.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

DFW football is great only because the high schools are so huge that they get to pick from thousands of kids. If the schools were the size of Louisiana schools, the Louisiana teams would absolutely crush the Texas teams. Per capita, Louisiana is far superior.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I was up in your neck of the woods watching McKinney play Pearce. McKinney has a little WR who can fly. I had to come home and google him. He's Quinton Quirrenbach. 5'11, 160. Junior. He had 6 catches for 276 yards and 4 TDs tonight. He was just getting behind everybody.
    Wow. That's a big night for a HS WR.

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    DFW football is great only because the high schools are so huge that they get to pick from thousands of kids. If the schools were the size of Louisiana schools, the Louisiana teams would absolutely crush the Texas teams. Per capita, Louisiana is far superior.
    According to news reports, Hoover spent over $100,000 to play Allen. They really thought they were going to win.

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/official...allen-in-texas

Game story. The game was played in front of an overflow crowd of more than 20K fans.

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/no-17-al...landry-classic

I think Hoover got a lesson about big time high school football.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Game story. The game was played in front of an overflow crowd of more than 20K fans.

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/no-17-al...landry-classic

I think Hoover got a lesson about big time high school football.
    I don't think Hoover needs any lessons about big-time high school football. They've been playing at that level for more than two decades now. They just got beaten by a better team.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I don't think Hoover needs any lessons about big-time high school football. They've been playing at that level for more than two decades now. They just got beaten by a better team.
    Yeah, but the list of football games where Hoover got shoved around in a $60M "High school only" football stadium in front of over 20K fans is probably not very long.

I believe most of the slackers here on BB&B are very familiar with Hoover's history of success. That's why I started this thread to begin with.

So, is Evangel still a big football powerhouse like they used to be? I really haven't kept up with Evangel since the LHSAA forced them to play in Class 1 A (or whatever it was) just to protect West Monroe High School.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Who is Hoover? I mean besides Herbert and J. Edgar.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Who is Hoover? I mean besides Herbert and J. Edgar.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

So, is Evangel still a big football powerhouse like they used to be? I really haven't kept up with Evangel since the LHSAA forced them to play in Class 1 A (or whatever it was) just to protect West Monroe High School.
    They're better than they've been in probably the past 6-8 years. Moved back up to 5A. Lost in the select semifinals last year, blowing a 21-point lead and losing in OT to eventual champion Catholic. They have 17 starters back, including a number of Division I athletes.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story...hool/89033454/
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    They're better than they've been in probably the past 6-8 years. Moved back up to 5A. Lost in the select semifinals last year, blowing a 21-point lead and losing in OT to eventual champion Catholic. They have 17 starters back, including a number of Division I athletes.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story...hool/89033454/
    Thanks for the info. I believe I'll attend that one next week. It will be a great opportunity to watch our newest WR commit from Evangel.

BTW, I love this quote from the Evangel coach:

Quotable: “In the case of Allen, no one wanted to play them, so they called us and asked about playing. No one wants to play us, so it was a perfect marriage.” – Byron Dawson
    LOL! That's a great quote.

I'm pulling for Evangel.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

They did lose a key playmaker who transferred to Parkway.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

+ Reply to Thread