+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help Needed for SC State Game

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Help Needed for SC State Game

My wife is the Counselor and Color Guard Instructor at Rayne High school and for the past 5+ years they have brought any of the band members up to Tech for a football game. They usually get to experience gameday with the BoP and have fun. In the past after the band made it's march through Tailgate alley they would go eat at Argent Pavilion. This is where she may need some help, since Argent is for Alumni only now she's very worried the 40 people (includes some chaperones and the band director) will not have a place to eat pre-game. She's contacted the admin at Tech and they are checking into it with the Alumni Association, in the mean time does anyone have suggestions for food/drink. Are any of the tailgates possibly selling food for a small fee some plates? She's trying to keep the cost low as this is a Title V school.

Thanks in advance!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Help Needed for SC State Game

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    My wife is the Counselor and Color Guard Instructor at Rayne High school and for the past 5+ years they have brought any of the band members up to Tech for a football game. They usually get to experience gameday with the BoP and have fun. In the past after the band made it's march through Tailgate alley they would go eat at Argent Pavilion. This is where she may need some help, since Argent is for Alumni only now she's very worried the 40 people (includes some chaperones and the band director) will not have a place to eat pre-game. She's contacted the admin at Tech and they are checking into it with the Alumni Association, in the mean time does anyone have suggestions for food/drink. Are any of the tailgates possibly selling food for a small fee some plates? She's trying to keep the cost low as this is a Title V school.

Thanks in advance!
    We quit doing our BB&B tailgate several years ago, but I'll bet if you could bring your makings for burgers there are lots of people that would let you cook them on their grill.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Thanks in advance!
    Contact Casey Cassidy, the Temple Baptist College minister. He will gladly accommodate them at Temple's tent, along with about 500 college students. Mike Brister always cooks. If you know Mike Brister, then there is no need for me to comment on the quality of the food.
    casey@temple.life

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I usually eat at one of the local bank's tailgates and I don't even know any of them. They're all nice people. Sounds like RhythmDawg has the best idea.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

They can have my two meals at the pavilion as my wife and I won't be there to claim them. Perhaps a request for donations from the good people here on this site might solve the problem. I'm willing to contribute.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    They can have my two meals at the pavilion as my wife and I won't be there to claim them. Perhaps a request for donations from the good people here on this site might solve the problem. I'm willing to contribute.
    Sounds like a good way to get involved. Perhaps we could send donations directly to Casey (casey@temple.life , above) to help insure they aren't over loaded????
    What do ya think RhythmD???

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    Sounds like a good way to get involved. Perhaps we could send donations directly to Casey (casey@temple.life , above) to help insure they aren't over loaded????
    What do ya think RhythmD???
    Appreciate the thought. While I don't think donations would be necessary, I will go ahead and text him and ask him. I'll also ask him what the menu is going to be. But any college student can go through Temple's tailgate, and they typically serve several hundred. I think as long as he knows, they will make sure they plan on the additional 40.

Edit: I have a text out to him. I'll let you guys know what he says...and I asked him about the menu for that game also.

Thanks in advance!
    Casey responded and says he thinks it will work. He is calling me later and I will update you after that...assuming this is the direction you want to go.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Thanks everyone, the Alumni Association called her back and are going to host them for the game. Proud of how the AA handled this!

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

I love it when THAT TECH steps up.

Hey German, Casey responded and said your group is more than welcome to join the temple tailgate, whether or not you go through argent pavilion.

Pulled pork nachos

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Props on the Gravity Falls gif.

Yes, he put you to work!

(and, TWSS!!!)

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    I love it when THAT TECH steps up.
    you mean THE Tech

HECK NO! I mean THAT TECH!

+ Reply to Thread