+ Reply to Thread

Thread: La Tech X phone app

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Angry La Tech X phone app

Ugh. I already didn't like the La Tech X phone app. But when I suddenly couldn't find the Hill Oil Coach's Show on College Sports Live, I thought maybe we finally got our act together and made the show available for repeat listening on La Tech X.

So I opened the app and clicked on the radio feed button. What did I get? THE LES MILES COACH'S SHOW!!!

Someone needs to get the axe over this stupid idea. Who thought it would be a good idea to put a live radio feed on an app that is supposed to be for Louisiana Tech?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: La Tech X phone app

Quote Originally Posted by 96bulldog View Post
    Ugh. I already didn't like the La Tech X phone app. But when I suddenly couldn't find the Hill Oil Coach's Show on College Sports Live, I thought maybe we finally got our act together and made the show available for repeat listening on La Tech X.

So I opened the app and clicked on the radio feed button. What did I get? THE LES MILES COACH'S SHOW!!!

Someone needs to get the axe over this stupid idea. Who thought it would be a good idea to put a live radio feed on an app that is supposed to be for Louisiana Tech?
    This was last night right?

Assuming our AD has delegated somebody to monitor the app, he should ask them to keep better tabs on the content.

As things stand now, when our fans click on the app to listen to our pre-game, game, or post game on Saturday, they will get to hear the lsu game and the lsu post game.They also get to hear the ulm coaches show next week.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

We think the problem has been resolved going forward.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    As you know, I have local radio so I'm good.

It would have been so much easier for our peeps to just say, "Tune in to 97.7 or 107.5 online" instead of trying to put a link on the app. During basketball season there is no way the app will work as it is set up now with only one station option.

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    You are right! The coach's show is now part of the La Tech X app and it links to a Soundcloud file. This solution is much better. And if we are getting rid of College Sports Live, then I am cancelling my subscription.

A hearty thank you to the athletic department for at least getting this part fixed! I am looking forward to when the app will play audio and video directly.

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 96bulldog View Post

.....finds phone....deletes app....

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

The New Orleans Saints and Memphis Grizzlies apps I have installed also take you to their respective radio stations for live broadcasts and don't do it through the app. Does Dawg06 have an example of one that does what he wants it to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    The New Orleans Saints and Memphis Grizzlies apps I have installed also take you to their respective radio stations for live broadcasts and don't do it through the app. Does Dawg06 have an example of one that does what he wants it to do?
    The problem is that we have three different stations our games and coaches shows are on. The app only has one option for radio listening at this point. That's not a problem now as long as they switch back and forth at the correct times from 97.7 to 107.5, but at the end of football season and beginning of basketball season it could be an issue.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    The problem is that we have three different stations our games and coaches shows are on. The app only has one option for radio listening at this point. That's not a problem now as long as they switch back and forth at the correct times from 97.7 to 107.5, but at the end of football season and beginning of basketball season it could be an issue.
    No, he's upset that the app takes you out of the app.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

It would probably be a good idea to fix the dead link.

http://connect.latech.edu/app.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    It would probably be a good idea to fix the dead link.

http://connect.latech.edu/app.shtml
    Worked for me

Varsity Bulldog SteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the rough

Trying to listen to the coaches show on the app....link has no content

Update: Working now
    Last edited by SteveyTI; 09-05-2016 at 09:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread