+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: 9/10: South Carolina State game

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: 9/10: South Carolina State game

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Also in the group with Craft sitting with us back then was current RS freshman Javonte Woodard #84 who caught his first pass, for 17 yards last night. I had these Bulldogs in middle school Sunday School. Bringing a group Oct 1. All who wear red get a free meal.
    . Hated to bail at 9 but grandson became priority -- made the correct decision but trying to decide if that counts as 7th missed home game since stadium built or I get credit for attending -- think I'll go with 6 1/2

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Terence32 View Post
    his throws take forever to reach the receiver
    But we have people on this board that day he looks the best in practice

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    . Hated to bail at 9 but grandson became priority -- made the correct decision but trying to decide if that counts as 7th missed home game since stadium built or I get credit for attending -- think I'll go with 6 1/2
    we WENT to the game - doesn't count as a missed game! The ticket takers scanned our ticket. We were in the stadium for the normal length of a football game!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Both j'mar and Wilson ran the O better than Higgens tonight. Higgens should not throw that fade to Henderson again. It just doesn't work. Higgens thows too late and the ball is usually uncatchable (no touch). J'mar gets the ball to where it needs to go quickly and is usually complete because the ball is catchable and on target.
    I've hated the "fade" pattern for well over a decade. It's the dumbest play in football. And it's a low percentage play. It works properly about one time out of ten. We certainly have no business running a low percentage "fade" pattern in the end zone.

Running the "fade" pattern is EXACTLY how we lost the 59-57 shootout to Johnny Manziel and Texas A&M in Independence Stadium back in 2012. When we went for the 2-point conversion at the end of the game, Dykes chose to throw to a seldom used receiver on a "fade" pattern. Of course, the play failed, so we lsot the game. Just dumb. It's truly a waste of brain space.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I am doing everything I can to be nice to posts that are absolutely goofy to me. Craft carried 11 times for 95 yards in the rain and one run carried 3 defensive players 8 yards on brilliant run. That's about 8 1/2 yard per carry plus a couple of catches. He also is 1 mean blocker.
    Craft is the real deal-- this is second week in row he's been criticized and both weeks his yards per carry has been great and blocking ( which some folks seem to care less about) has been solid.
    Find this post extremely ill informed and defies the statistics
    I agree. There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with Craft. He's doing very well.

Now......Holtz's commitment to the run game, is another story. At this early point in the season, Holtz doesn't seem much interested in a viable run game. But I agree that we will need a good run game next week in order to avoid a shootout against Texas Tech.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Solution: Start Boston Scott.
    Truth, but I'd like to see Carlos Henderson lined up in the backfield.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

He also is 1 mean blocker. Craft is the real deal
    Sir, I respect you very much, but you need to go back and watch the game. There were several instances where Craft simply "ole'd" a blitzing linebacker and Higgins almost got his head tore off. He also missed blitzing outside linebackers. One time, he dove on the ground, trying to cut block an outside linebacker and completely missed him.

The dude is horrible at blocking.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    Sir, I respect you very much, but you need to go back and watch the game. There were several instances where Craft simply "ole'd" a blitzing linebacker and Higgins almost got his head tore off. He also missed blitzing outside linebackers. One time, he dove on the ground, trying to cut block an outside linebacker and completely missed him.

The dude is horrible at blocking.
    . I will watch closer in future--- you probably correct-- someone missed block in Arkansas game that almost got JMar killed. I know I am often wrong -- I thought Scotty Young was next big thing-- the JMar thing was a blitz that no one picked up in backfield-- no one close. DId not see game last nite ( radio)- we bailed at 9'-- concerned about grandson . I obviously missed on the blocking comments

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    Truth, but I'd like to see Carlos Henderson lined up in the backfield.
    He was last night on first drive

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    That was our first 700+ yard offensive performance since the 2012 season (pre- Skip Holtz era). I doubt that we've had very many 700+ yard games in the history of our football program.
    Without really knowing, I'd bet there are schools that have NEVER had even one 700+ yard game in their entire history! Last year, I was watching some Big 10 game, I don't remember, I think it was Indiana vs. Minnesota or something, anyway, it was toward the end of the season and they were touting some seniors' career numbers, and I was like....say what!??? Some guy had 80 career receptions and that put him in the top 5 all-time for that program. We've had "run-of-the-mill" WRs get that many in a season or a season+. Where would 80 career receptions place a WR on Tech's list? Outside the Top 50!

Point is, we take offensive production for granted here. But, 700+ yard games are rare...most places.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Solution: Start Boston Scott.
    Note play log... More attempts if you want more run production, Really.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

We scored 20 points in the 3rd quarter. If I'm remembering right, we have not had good scoring in the third under Holtz.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    We scored 20 points in the 3rd quarter. If I'm remembering right, we have not had good scoring in the third under Holtz.
    We've outplayed both of our opponents in the 3rd quarter so far this year

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    We've outplayed both of our opponents in the 3rd quarter so far this year
    One of them could not win the Juco National Championship.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Awesome video for the SC State week. First time I've seen this. Good job on the people who recorded and edited. The quality of work is very nice. I think it's well executed.

I will be monitoring this Vimeo acct.

+ Reply to Thread