+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: We got El A Tech'd again.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: We got El A Tech'd again.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Actually, according to this article from from "L.A. Now" (or maybe it's really "Louisiana Now", ), the University of Southern California owns the rights to the "USC" trademark, and that decision has already been upheld in a federal U.S. Appeals court. In my opinion, that's exactly how it SHOULD be. Nobody ever heard South Carolina called "USC" until the last decade or so.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...me-letter.html
    They both have a trademark to USC. South Carolina first use of USC in commerce was 1890 (according to link). Southern California used it in 1910.
    bad links see below

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    They both have a trademark to USC. South Carolina first use of USC in commerce was 1910 (according to link). Southern California has the stylized trademark.
    http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/jumpto...01:157umg.2.64
    http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/jumpto...01:157umg.2.69
    http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/jumpto...01:157umg.2.88
    All 3 of your links above show "the University of Southern California NON-PROFIT CORPORATION CALIFORNIA University Park, ADM 352 Los Angeles CALIFORNIA 900895013" as the legal registrant.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Wasn't there a lawsuit between Southern Cal and South Carolina over "USC?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Didn't Georgia send us a cease and desist letter over our usage of Dawgs?
    Well that is a different issue. If someone starts calling themselves Louisiana Tech University I think we should probably have that discussion. If someone is using our boot and T I think we should step in and protect that. Maybe even if someone starts calling themselves LATech or LahTech.

Maybe most of them don't make stupid branding mistakes, or they fix them when they do?

Have you ever said Cal Berkeley to someone who went to school there? Yikes! It's either Cal or UC Berkeley. Never Cal Berkeley.

Then there's the fight over the real Carolina.

Ever said Central Florida? If you have, I bet it was the last. It's UCF and only UCF.

Why does nobody ever say Louisiana State for LSU? Because they've successfully branded themselves.

I could go on and on. Every university, business, etc. works on crafting their brand. I challenge anyone to find a single "big school" who doesn't have a branding guide.
    I've heard Cal Berkley a lot. Matter of fact that's usually how i refer to them. I've never heard it corrected but I don't find myself in California very often.
    I've also said Central Florida plenty of times and never been corrected either. I doubt the national champs are that concerned with it.
    I also hear people say Louisiana State and I've said it myself. Again never heard a peep about it and I went to LSU and have worked with tons of LSU grads.

Having a branding guide is not what I am talking about. Every school big and small should have a branding guide. Having a preferred name is fine. The reaction when someone deviates from that branding guide or preferred name is what I am referring to. That is where the small schools and big schools differ. In that regard we are small time just like ULL.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Well that is a different issue. If someone starts calling themselves Louisiana Tech University I think we should probably have that discussion. If someone is using our boot and T I think we should step in and protect that. Maybe even if someone starts calling themselves LATech or LahTech.
    http://wearelatech.com/
    https://twitter.com/WeAreLATech
    https://www.patreon.com/wearelatech

So we should have a brand guide but not follow it?

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Wasn't there a lawsuit between Southern Cal and South Carolina over "USC?"
    Didn't Georgia send us a cease and desist letter over our usage of Dawgs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Not sure what your point is. I would pursue them to change their name if we have a solid position to do so.

on Edit: I would say that even goes against what you guys are arguing for.
    If you guys really want to be lah Tech then we would have no standing to protest someone (like this) calling themselves L A Tech.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Not sure what your point is. I would pursue them to change their name if we have a solid position to do so.

on Edit: I would say that even goes against what you guys are arguing for.
    If you guys really want to be lah Tech then we would have no standing to protest someone (like this) calling themselves L A Tech.
    Probably because there are several overlapping problems:

1. We chose poorly on how we chose to refresh our brand. Wussed out on Dawgs, "fixed" a perfect logo.
    2. Due to these choices, we didn't think through how the brand would be interpreted. That's why people now say Ell Aye.
    3. We don't enforce any of the above.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Some of ya'll are just silly about this stuff.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    All 3 of your links above show "the University of Southern California NON-PROFIT CORPORATION CALIFORNIA University Park, ADM 352 Los Angeles CALIFORNIA 900895013" as the legal registrant.
    sc.pngsc.png

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bleudog View Post
    They're delicious! and no longer around as a food truck, but they do have a really good brick and mortar Pops Po-Boys...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Should we sue them, or will they sue us?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj70Y7nnOxu/?r=mg1

This probably deserves its own post, because it's interesting in its own right.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Our S&C guy got it right. Can’t be that hard.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Lexie Lybrand@mytractorslexie tweet
    I told a girl that I go to "LA Tech" & she responded "Ohh, big-time girl going off to Cali!"
    I just laughed and nodded

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

An LSU student is doing a poll to settle this.
    https://twitter.com/EmiliaDuncan22/s...98410020958209

meals@EmiliaDuncan22 tweet
    How do you say LA tech? Trying to prove a point
    - Laaaa
    - Or L.A.

Right now El A Tech is leading Lah Tech, 65%-35%...

+ Reply to Thread