+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: We got El A Tech'd again.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: We got El A Tech'd again.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyBulldog1 View Post
    I was trying to keep this to a Tech vs Tech discussion.

Louisiana Tech is also shorthand for Louisiana Tech University. I fail to see your point.
    Well okay...

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Well okay...
    Didn't mean that as an insult. Ok I'm done. Rather not accidentally offend any of my faithful BBB brothers and sister on a controversial topic.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Didn't mean that as an insult. Ok I'm done. Rather not accidentally offend any of my faithful BBB brothers and sister on a controversial topic.
    He is unoffendable! Have your way with him.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I just disagree that Louisiana Tech is a true shorthand. If Louisiana Polytechnic Institute was still our formal name, I could see how you can say that.

Georgia Tech - Georgia Institute of Technology
    Virginia Tech - Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Although I agree with your conclusion that the controversy needs to be put to rest, I disagree with the use of "Lah Tech" and support "L-A Tech". Now that I've made my position made, hear me out:

There are four Techs that matter: Louisiana (first of course), Virginia, Georgia, and Texas. All schools are often abbreviated by their two letter state designation: LA, VA, GA, and TX.

Louisiana Tech is the only state that pronounces their abbreviation. I live in Virginia and nobody says "Vah Tech" or "V-A Tech", they say Virginia Tech. Similarly, nobody says "Gah Tech" or "G-A Tech" or "Tix Tech" or "T-X Tech."

Ours has caught on (both "Lah" and "L-A"), but similar to ULL trying to convince the masses to drop the "Lafayette" it isn't going to happen. I agree with your Ole Miss and Mizzou conclusion that the abbreviations are good for marketing.

People who confuse "L-A Tech" with "Los Angeles Tech" are both an extreme minority if any exist and simply look uneducated if they say were to say that out loud. Example - I was in the Navy with an LSU graduate. We were out in DC on a Saturday, and he was wearing an LSU shirt. Someone from Brooklyn asked if he attended Long Island State University. Everyone laughed at her because of what she said and then we laughed at him for looking so disgusted. Is LSU going change anything because of a person like this? No.

Similarly, we are not located in France - "Lah Tech", which could be translated to "The Tech" from someone outside the U.S. .... Are you trying to endorse the commercial?!?

For some reason I associate "La" with "Lah" and "LA" with "L-A". Since our logo often shows up as LA Tech when abbreviated, I simply associate with "L-A Tech."
    I have made my feelings known on this. I actually prefer LA Tech as well although I don't think I ever say it. Always Tech or Louisiana Tech. I don't love Lah Tech, but unlike ULL I don't care what you call us. I have had people look at the Boot and T and ask if I went to Texas Tech. These people are ignorant and shouldn't affect us. Same goes for people who would confuse us with Los Angeles Tech (which doesn't really exist). We are the same school no matter which name you call us. Louisiana Tech University, LA Tech, Tech, Lah Tech, LTU (this one ticks off more people than Lah LA for some reason), Lolly Polly, LA Neck, Red Neck Tech, LTU-R, LTURD, UL-Ruston.... Only insecure people worry about what other people call them. Louisiana Tech by any other name would still smell as sweet.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I have made my feelings known on this. I actually prefer LA Tech as well although I don't think I ever say it. Always Tech or Louisiana Tech. I don't love Lah Tech, but unlike ULL I don't care what you call us. I have had people look at the Boot and T and ask if I went to Texas Tech. These people are ignorant and shouldn't affect us. Same goes for people who would confuse us with Los Angeles Tech (which doesn't really exist). We are the same school no matter which name you call us. Louisiana Tech University, LA Tech, Tech, Lah Tech, LTU (this one ticks off more people than Lah LA for some reason), Lolly Polly, LA Neck, Red Neck Tech, LTU-R, LTURD, UL-Ruston.... Only insecure people worry about what other people call them. Louisiana Tech by any other name would still smell as sweet.

How very reasonable and level headed of you. Might want to get off the board while you are still so easy going.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    I don't believe this is correct.
    I did some research and the Sam Houston thing was probably a joke that became known as reality. This was long before google ...

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I heard a radio ad today promoting the Brooks-Bradshaw Golf Tournament that said to register at El A Tech alumni dot org.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I heard a radio ad today promoting the Brooks-Bradshaw Golf Tournament that said to register at El A Tech alumni dot org.
    Probably not a bad move for radio.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Then why not spell out Tech too?

SanAntonio Black says LahTech when he reads it. Sounds fine.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Then why not spell out Tech too?

SanAntonio Black says LahTech when he reads it. Sounds fine.
    k

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Are you trying to say that if we said Lah Tech sports dot com or Lah Tech alumni dot org on the radio, people wouldn't know what to type in for the web address?? That's laughable.

When we spell out "La" as "El A" for folks on the radio like some of our ads do, it 100% defeats the purpose of the entire LATECH logo and LA Tech/LATech branding campaign. No other way to describe it but sheer stupidity.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Well, we're talking about radio here. In 2016. Maybe the people listening need it spelled out?

+ Reply to Thread