+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: We got El A Tech'd again.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: We got El A Tech'd again.

Tech and Louisiana Tech work and I don't use anything else when speaking about our school.

Side note.....went to Zachary this past weekend to help with the flood recovery. Several of us had on our Tech gear and of course there were a couple of lsu shirt wearers. One guy asked where we were from. Upon hearing Ruston, he said, "oh yeah, isn't there a school up there?" We laughed and let it go because we knew the devastation had obviously gone to his brain. We tuned in to the ballgame while we worked and they kept asking who was winning. When we said "we are" they all said, "oh, I thought Wisconsin was up?" It took all day, but they finally acknowledged that none of us cared that lsu was playing or losing or anything. They couldn't fathom it and we all loved it. Hopefully they will always remember when those guys from Louisiana Tech came to their aid!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    "La Tech" is part our brand now, and I've completely embraced it. Who cares what they call us, so long as they're talking about us.
    Absolutely! L.A. Tech, Lah Tech,... Who cares!?

I'm more concerned with puppy dog cartoon logos than how a talking head refers to us by name.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Tech and Louisiana Tech work and I don't use anything else when speaking about our school.

Side note.....went to Zachary this past weekend to help with the flood recovery. Several of us had on our Tech gear and of course there were a couple of lsu shirt wearers. One guy asked where we were from. Upon hearing Ruston, he said, "oh yeah, isn't there a school up there?" We laughed and let it go because we knew the devastation had obviously gone to his brain. We tuned in to the ballgame while we worked and they kept asking who was winning. When we said "we are" they all said, "oh, I thought Wisconsin was up?" It took all day, but they finally acknowledged that none of us cared that lsu was playing or losing or anything. They couldn't fathom it and we all loved it. Hopefully they will always remember when those guys from Louisiana Tech came to their aid!
    That is a great story.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post

That was awesome that you guys could & did help. The sad thing is that the people that you are speaking of will walk away saying we met some yankees from up north that must not own tv sets or telephones. They lead such sheltered lives that they don't even get into LSU football.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Almost got you beat :P Spent 48 weeks in UK, 3 weeks in Bolivia, 2 weeks in Italy, 1.5 week in France (Paris/Marseilles), 1 week in Mexico (Cancun), 1 week in Turkey (Istanbul/Troy), 1 week in Ecuador, 1 week in Canada (Montreal/Toronto), 1 week in Greece 5 days in Israel, 3 days in Austria (Vienna), 3 days in Hungary (Budapest), 3 days in Czech Republic (Prague), 3 days in Bosnia (Sarajevo), 1 days in Vatican City, and 1 day in San Marino.
    You win!! Bought book travel book on Prague Saturday. Plan to go there -- they call it the new Paris. I was reacting to the " never leave state" jab. Reared in Air Force - moved every 2 yrs developed passion for travel . Dad was at Barksdale and we transferred out to Armed Force staff college my senior year -- they ended up New York but I took bus to Tech. I've done my share of dumbass things in life but coming to Tech was one of best things.
    My office is a shrine to my kids and 9 grandkids--my granddaughter is coming to Tech next year and has traveled Europe and week in Bejing with me. She's also planning to fly out Sydney and meet me there during spring break.

I never plan any trip that would interfere with a Tech football game! I have my priorities

Hope I catch you at TAG one day---- your traveling experience is Awesome

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

DAWG1 -- just saw your bio-- Vince is one of my best friends-- goes football and basketball with us. We worked together at Griffs and he hired my brother at Stowes ( died 28 of heart ).

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post

I'm more concerned with puppy dog cartoon logos than how a talking head refers to us by name.
    Quit making fun of DFM's tattoo!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Wow! we have some world travelers in our midst. I thought going out of country for a week+ once a year made me a world traveler, but heck, you guys rock!

Saw a post saying something negative about Spain. I have only been there twice, but enjoyed both visits immensely. Back in the early 90's we even did the Running with the Bulls thingy. Admittedly, I was kind of cowardly, when I heard the cannon fired, a half mile away announcing the bulls had been let out, I started moving with the crowd. I had told myself I was gonna run "with 'em". But, I didn't, or we didn't, my group. We never saw the bulls until after we reached the arena, and even then, we stayed close to an exit in case one of them rascals came too close. I know....shameful.

Anyway, have business associates who summer in Spain for a month. And we are invited to go and share their villa, which we plan to do for a week+. Would have already gone, but they just got A/C installed in their villa this year. So, next year, we are going. It gets awful HOT in Spain in the summer. Have to have my creature comforts, ya know. Heck, we spent 3 weeks in Rome in the month of May in an apartment without A/C some years back. NEVER AGAIN!!! That was May, before it gets terribly, terribly hot over there, and I was miserable. Nope.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    You win!! Bought book travel book on Prague Saturday. Plan to go there -- they call it the new Paris. I was reacting to the " never leave state" jab. Reared in Air Force - moved every 2 yrs developed passion for travel . Dad was at Barksdale and we transferred out to Armed Force staff college my senior year -- they ended up New York but I took bus to Tech. I've done my share of dumbass things in life but coming to Tech was one of best things.
    My office is a shrine to my kids and 9 grandkids--my granddaughter is coming to Tech next year and has traveled Europe and week in Bejing with me. She's also planning to fly out Sydney and meet me there during spring break.

I never plan any trip that would interfere with a Tech football game! I have my priorities

Hope I catch you at TAG one day---- your traveling experience is Awesome
    Prague is great! The golden castle area is a historical heaven, and they even a torture museum and chocolate making museum! I hope to see south east Asia some day. It's great that you have such a Tech Dynasty in the family. And ditto on the TAG! I'm looking forward to my 3rd first conference away game at FIU this year (ODU and Marshall in '14). Did a roadtrip to the Virginia game in '12 and went to the A&M game that year too.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Wow! we have some world travelers in our midst. I thought going out of country for a week+ once a year made me a world traveler, but heck, you guys rock!

Saw a post saying something negative about Spain. I have only been there twice, but enjoyed both visits immensely. Back in the early 90's we even did the Running with the Bulls thingy. Admittedly, I was kind of cowardly, when I heard the cannon fired, a half mile away announcing the bulls had been let out, I started moving with the crowd. I had told myself I was gonna run "with 'em". But, I didn't, or we didn't, my group. We never saw the bulls until after we reached the arena, and even then, we stayed close to an exit in case one of them rascals came too close. I know....shameful.

Anyway, have business associates who summer in Spain for a month. And we are invited to go and share their villa, which we plan to do for a week+. Would have already gone, but they just got A/C installed in their villa this year. So, next year, we are going. It gets awful HOT in Spain in the summer. Have to have my creature comforts, ya know. Heck, we spent 3 weeks in Rome in the month of May in an apartment without A/C some years back. NEVER AGAIN!!! That was May, before it gets terribly, terribly hot over there, and I was miserable. Nope.
    Spain is DEFINITELY on my to-do list! I really would like to do the pilgrimage from Barcelona to Santiago de Compostela, and see Granada, Gibraltar, Madrid, Seville, Valencia, Cadiz, etc.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    A-Men!!! I like LOUISIANA TECH.
    I'm shocked. Just shocked!
    Last edited by HogDawg; 09-08-2016 at 10:43 AM.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I'm shocked. Just shocked!
    I'm shocked you haven't tried to "one up" all these worldly travelers who have hijacked this thread.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Spain is DEFINITELY on my to-do list!
    Well I've never been to Spain
    But I kinda like the music
    Say the ladies are insane there
    And they sure know how to use it
    The don't abuse it
    Never gonna loose it
    I can't refuse it (labg)

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I may take a holiday in Spain
    Leave my wings behind me
    Drink my worries down the drain
    And fly away to somewhere new

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I'm shocked you haven't tried to "one up" all these worldly travelers who have hijacked this thread.
    Stay focused, MD.

+ Reply to Thread