+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: We got El A Tech'd again.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: We got El A Tech'd again.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I'm shocked you haven't tried to "one up" all these worldly travelers who have hijacked this thread.
    In fairness to us hijackers--the thread is about various ways people refer to Tech ... actually makes a convoluted connection-- my reaction was to a post that questioned whether I ever get out of state-- being the jerk I am I decided to respond rather than ignore... Like Rhinodawg I work for an Awesome firm that pays for 2 trips a yr basically anywhere in world and we can go meet money managers in USA.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    We sound like ULL when we complain about silly things like this.
    Amen!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    Amen!

We are complaining about an announcer calling us a name we are not.

UL-L complains about announcers calling them a name they are.

Not at all the same.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Texas folk don't call their school "Tex Tech" it is Texas Tech and they are a proud bunch. We are Louisiana Tech and prior to that Louisiana Polytechnical Institute. Never LAH Tech.
    In the DFW area TX Tech is referred to simply as "Tech." No "Tex" nor "Texas;" just "Tech." I tend to call us "Tech." I get looks of total confusion for statements like "I'm going to a Tech game in Ruston this weekend" or "Tech is playing at [any non-B-12 opponent]."

But the best reactions come from "Tech is playing at UNT..." That blows their mind. How could T-Tech be playing in the metroplex and no one no about it.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    In the DFW area TX Tech is referred to simply as "Tech." No "Tex" nor "Texas;" just "Tech." I tend to call us "Tech." I get looks of total confusion for statements like "I'm going to a Tech game in Ruston this weekend" or "Tech is playing at [any non-B-12 opponent]."

But the best reactions come from "Tech is playing at UNT..." That blows their mind. How could T-Tech be playing in the metroplex and no one no about it.
    When I moved to Texas upon grad in '87, I ran into the same problem as a large base of my friends are Tech, Texas Tech that is, grads. So how do you respond to their TECH'ing you? Do you say I went to LAH Tech or EL A Tech or do you say Louisiana Tech to help them understand that they are not the only TECH in the world

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

You tell them you went to "The Tech"

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    You tell them you went to "The Tech"
    And all the people of Texas would say "Guns UP". ...

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

I love the logos.
    The Bulldog head is SO much better than that clip art crap we had before. (I admit though that the old school one I have seen floating around is pretty great!)

15 years ago my wife would write letters to TV & Radio stations around the country for calling us "Lah Tech" when we were Louisiana Tech or L. A. Tech. Something about being taught in the '90's that putting the "lah" to Tech meant someone was making Tech feminine.

Google Search of "La"- As French makes a distinction between "masculine and feminine objects", people use le for masculine things/persons and la for feminine things/persons.
    This makes me curious,
    If you hate "L. A." are you under 30?
    If you hate "Lah" are you between 30-49?
    And if you hate them both are you a grumpy old man that complains about everything? (JK, LOL!) I mean, over 50?

Me, I use "Tech" in Louisiana. And "Louisiana Tech" outside of Louisiana. Never say "Lah Tech", but have no problem with someone cutting 4 syllables on TV or radio where time is money. "L.A." is just awkward to me, but my wife says it and that is not something worth arguing with her over.

As far as the "La ech" logo, I like it A LOT! plus is gives us a horizontal logo which helps to have that option when you are working with graphics.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I've notice a certain radio personality along with official Tech commercials read this
    LA Tech Sports (@LATechSports)

as ELLAYE Tech Sports.com

I've also noticed others who read it as LahTech Sports.com

What do you prefer? The rebranding effort was never going for the EllAye sound

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I have made my preference clear. I like Lew eeze zee anna Tech. But it's really not that important to me.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Lah Tech was a solution in search of a problem. I guess that's what you get with precious boys from Georgia.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I've notice a certain radio personality along with official Tech commercials read this
    LA Tech Sports (@LATechSports)

as ELLAYE Tech Sports.com

I've also noticed others who read it as LahTech Sports.com

What do you prefer? The rebranding effort was never going for the EllAye sound
    Louisiana Tech - best

LaTech / LATECH - acceptable

LA TECH - not preferred

LATech / LA Tech / L.A. Tech = Los Angeles Tech Beavers

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

We are complaining about an announcer calling us a name we are not.

UL-L complains about announcers calling them a name they are.

Not at all the same.
    We are both complaining about "nicknames".

Granted their "nickname" is trying to claim something they have no claim to.

I promise if you peruse their board you will find numerous threads with the titles: "We got ULL'ed again" or "we got Laffayette'd by ESPN" or whatever. Insecurity about what they are called is their thing. Lets not be MetooU about it.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Louisiana Tech - best

LaTech / LATECH - acceptable

LA TECH - not preferred

LATTC = Los Angeles Trade-Tech Beavers
    Fixed it for you. You should look at your own links.

+ Reply to Thread