+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: We got El A Tech'd again.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: We got El A Tech'd again.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    You keep saying it like it's bad when MANY of the fan base prefer 'El A" over "Lah"!
    Really?

The only people I hear say it are lsu/warlmart people who don't know anything about football.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    We are both complaining about "nicknames".

Granted their "nickname" is trying to claim something they have no claim to.

I promise if you peruse their board you will find numerous threads with the titles: "We got ULL'ed again" or "we got Laffayette'd by ESPN" or whatever. Insecurity about what they are called is their thing. Lets not be MetooU about it.
    I check the ULL board occasionally. Many on their forum literally believe ESPN is conspiring against them regarding their name.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    I check the ULL board occasionally. Many on their forum literally believe ESPN is conspiring against them regarding their name.

One of the few times we can thank lsu for pulling their weight properly...except for that corrupt dumb ass Ben McDonald who get's a kickback for the number of times he says "UL" on baseball broadcasts.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Really?

The only people I hear say it are lsu/warlmart people who don't know anything about football.
    Well, I don't think these people would be caught dead in purple. But I KNOW they were in the parking lot of JAS Saturday night with Season tickets waiting for the game to start.
    And you live in the East side of the state which has a totally different mindset than the West side of the state on SO MANY things! Just because people think different doesn't mean they are wrong.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

I am taking heat from the few folks who actually like me, appears I am only person who never heard the LAH thing-- everyone of my friends infer that I am so busy running my mouth that I don't listen . I associate these comments with my X so I ignore them.
    Appears I am ineligible to comment on this thread-- I am of the opinion that just because I know little or nothing about an issue does not mean I am not an authority

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Just because people think different doesn't mean they are wrong.
    you are clearly new to this internet thing ...

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

A quick "Out-of-the-Country" story I think most will like. When I travel on business or pleasure, I try and wear some form of Tech clothing. I took my family (all Tech personnel) to Rome last September, and on the day we arrived, we were looking for a place to have supper and we decided on a street café a few blocks from our motel. As I mentioned earlier I was wearing a Tech shirt. While eating I decided to take a few pictures of the family while dining. After doing that, a man from another table offered to take a family picture of us. I could tell he was an American by his accent. After taking the picture we conversed a little and then he proceeded to "apologize" to me and I asked him why and he told me that while he and his wife were from Florida, he was apologizing because his wife's brother was a football coach for ULM. Obviously he had picked up on my Tech shirt. We got a good laugh out of it. Small world indeed!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

And you live in the East side of the state which has a totally different mindset than the West side of the state on SO MANY things
    Saints:Cowboys

What else?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Well, I don't think these people would be caught dead in purple. But I KNOW they were in the parking lot of JAS Saturday night with Season tickets waiting for the game to start.
    And you live in the East side of the state which has a totally different mindset than the West side of the state on SO MANY things! Just because people think different doesn't mean they are wrong.
    Most people on the West side of the state that I know - prefer Lah Tech - as they say - the name of song was "elle aye international airport" and they damn sure weren't talking about Ruston...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    Count me as one that actually does think ESPN is "Leopard-ing" them on purpose. According to some people on their board, a ULL admin person called and chewed an ESPN exec on the proper use of "UL" and "University of Louisiana". Shortly thereafter, the Lafayette Leopard icon started to randomly appear during some of their ESPN games. Coincidence?

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Most people on the West side of the state that I know - prefer Lah Tech - as they say - the name of song was "elle aye international airport" and they damn sure weren't talking about Ruston...
    And I prefer Lah Tech. But I don't HATE "Elle Aye", I just don't prefer it.
    But I know MANY that prefer "Elle Aye Tech". And some of them HATE "Lah Tech" as much as some here HATE "Elle Aye Tech".

Most & Many do not equal ALL!
    And considering our own fan base doesn't agree makes this whole complaint petty.

And I prefer Lah Tech. But I don't HATE "Elle Aye", I just don't prefer it.
    But I know MANY that prefer "Elle Aye Tech". And some of them HATE "Lah Tech" as much as some here HATE "Elle Aye Tech".

Most & Many do not equal ALL!
    And considering our own fan base doesn't agree makes this whole complaint petty.
    Never met a true Tech fan who called us or liked Ell Aye Tech. Doesn't make sense. That's opposite of the branding we were going for. Even Dooley didn't realize the Capital LA would lead to such a cluster. Our own athletic department did that out of pure ignorance. When it was pointed out to them it compounded the problem.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

You keep saying it like it's bad when MANY of the fan base prefer 'El A" over "Lah"!
    You can't please all the people all the time!
    On this subject, '06 doesn't "get it". He's the "old guy" shouting "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

Meanwhile the rest of us just laughing at him. GO EL AAAAAAye Tech!!!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Never met a true Tech fan who called us or liked Ell Aye Tech.
    Yes you have. I'm the guy. I genuinely like "LA Tech" a/k/a "El Aaaye" Tech. Always have. But clearly it sounds too cool for this bunch of old geezers here on BB&B.

Never have liked "Lah Tech". Sounds gay. Very gay. And I don't like VA Tech being called "Vah Tech" either.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Yes you have. I'm the guy. I genuinely like "LA Tech" a/k/a "El Aaaye" Tech. Always have. But clearly it sounds too cool for this bunch of old geezers here on BB&B.

Never have liked "Lah Tech". Sounds gay. Very gay. And I don't like VA Tech being called "Vah Tech" either.
    Interesting...so when you friends at work as you what team you follow, you reply Ell Aye Tech? I bet they are confused.

+ Reply to Thread