+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RIP Wilmart

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

RIP Wilmart

Not many younger bulldogs may know of or ever heard of Wilmart. It was the primary watering hole back in the 80's and 90's before Rabb and other places came about. They were one of the first places to have frozen drinks and also had a great place across the street - T-inn which was a decent steak house and piano bar. Wilmart closed their doors last week... Glad I was able to stop by a month ago to visit, first time in probably 20 years I had been there. Good people, good memories.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: RIP Wilmart

Sad, sad news

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

I started making a trip to Wil-Mart each football season six years ago after introducing my then 21 yr old daughter to a REAL frozen drink. Before Wil-Mart, she thought the frozen drinks in restaurants were "amazing." Wil-Mart crushed that perception with just a SAMPLE. My daughter liked Wil-Mart she took a bunch of friends by there on a trip to Spring Fling in Florida. Did I mention my daughter went to Midwestern State in Wichita Falls, TX? Thereafter, at least one trip to a Tech home game involved coordinating Tech and MSU home games and me bringing home a cooler of iced down jugs of Wil-Mart drinks. After the Tech game, I'd get the drinks from Wil-Mart then drive home to Coppell, TX - talk about a LONG day. She would come home after the MSU game (she was a cheerleader) and haul the cooler off to "The Falls" the next morning in time for the NFL games. Going to miss walking into Wil-Mart.
    Last edited by dawg1984; 09-08-2016 at 01:19 PM. Reason: corrected spelling and grammar

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    I started making a trip to Wil-Mart each football season six years ago after introducing my then 21 yr old daughter to a REAL frozen drink. Before Wil-Mart, she thought the frozen drinks in restaurants were "amazing." Wil-Mart crushed that perception with just a SAMPLE. My daughter liked Wil-Mart she took a bunch of friends by there on a trip to Spring Fling in Florida. Did I mention my daughter went to Midwestern State in Wichita Falls, TX? Thereafter, at least one trip to a Tech home game involved coordinating Tech and MSU home games and me bringing home a cooler of iced down jugs of Wil-Mart drinks. After the Tech game, I'd get the drinks from Wil-Mart then drive home to Coppell, TX - talk about a LONG day. She would come home after the MSU game (she was a cheerleader) and haul the cooler off to "The Falls" the next morning in time for the NFL games. Going to miss walking into Wil-Mart.
    Both of my parents graduated from Midwestern. Still head to WF once or twice a year to see family.

On another note, sucks about Wil-Mart

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

What's that Highway number?

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

I used to live on Alabama street, mid 80's, and remember many a many times hearing and seeing RedBird and his wife rolling up Alabama side-by-side in their matching Ferrari's all courtesy of the frozen drink machine and WilMart.... Sad news. RIP Wilmart.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    What's that Highway number?
    Web search shows 8336 Hwy 146, Ruston. As a kid I squirrel hunted in that area but that antedated Wilmart. Now named Martin L King Dr. Also informally called Chatham Highway or Vernonia Highway.
    Last edited by Russdawg; 09-09-2016 at 02:10 PM.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Interesting story. I know one of the first entrepreneurs in this business was a LA Tech student and a KA fraternity brother of mine David Ervin. David, a/k/a "Tater" was originally from Tallulah, and he started the very first "Daiquiri Factory" drive thru business in Lafayette in 1981 (or so). He eventually had 7 or 8 Daiquiri Factory drive thru locations set up around south Louisiana, including Baton Rouge and New Orleans.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post
    I used to live on Alabama street, mid 80's, and remember many a many times hearing and seeing RedBird and his wife rolling up Alabama side-by-side in their matching Ferrari's all courtesy of the frozen drink machine and WilMart.... Sad news. RIP Wilmart.
    Great Story including the silver Ferrari I referenced in previous treat...
    http://www.ktbs.com/video?autoStart=...XXSv4.facebook

+ Reply to Thread