+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Attendance - SC State game

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Attendance - SC State game

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    - I figure they ran the kids off and put up the "keep off my lawn" sign because of liability issues...So many greedy idiots out there looking for a reason to sue.

- Best I can tell everything related to the Pavillion comes out of the Alumni Center. My very educated guess is the person(s) in charge of taking down the TVs wanted to go home so he got the go ahead to take them down and go home.

After last year's opening day lightning delay, you'd thing our well paid thinkers would have come up with a plan B for fans (like watching TV in the TAC) That's not who we are.

BTW, I hear we over popped on the pop corn, losing almost $250. Aramark is very upset and is also very upset about all the bottled water and soft drinks they did not sell. Our AD has promised he will negotiate a better deal for them.
    That game was getting rough. Somebody was going to get hurt. My son was out there despight my warnings. It was nice seeing kids being kids though.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    We hung til 9 but then came back to Shreveport. Had my grandson -- he desparatly wanted to stay but getting him wet and back at 2:30-3 am .... We were back for kickoff

I have one irritation-- for us older folks with parking pass-- we can't come in at student section-- no big deal but around 8:30'several folks went out to vehicle to get dry clothes-- Zero traffic entering but security and ticket takers would not let them in at student gate-- pouring rain and they were forced to walk in rain to far gate. I was very respectfull to them and got the old rules are rules and we would have to do it for everyone. Again-- zero traffic in and what's wrong with letting folks back in vs walking in rain to opposite gate. Common sense---
    We stayed until the 8:30 lightning strike, hated to miss kickoff. Mrs. Russdawg was a good sport to stay that long. We do have a new unanimously adopted family policy: whenever there's any chance of weather issues, anyone riding with me goes at their own risk from now on.

My son CaseyDawg hung in for the game. Sent a couple of photos and I was surprised at how many were there for the kickoff.

Salute to all who stayed, including our band.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Eastside concourse was full of students at the beginning of the rain delay - we could barely move. Also, with the Kid's Club, we now get actual tickets so they can count those numbers. Anybody have any idea how many kids club passes are usually sold?
    Doesn't take many (2000 or so?) to fill the concourse. I watched hundreds of students turn around after the announcement not to enter the stadium....think normal student entry which never peaks until beginning of 2nd quarter. None of those ever had their CURRENT IDs scanned.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    That game was getting rough. Somebody was going to get hurt. My son was out there despight my warnings. It was nice seeing kids being kids though.
    That little girl in the striped shirt had game. One of the littler ones out there but she had focus. Give her an offer. :-)

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bleudog View Post
    That little girl in the striped shirt had game. One of the littler ones out there but she had focus. Give her an offer. :-)
    I agree, but she may be an Olympic gymnast as well. She was tough out there!!

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

I live near Baton Rouge. Yesterday we went to hike at Chicot State park in S. La and it was kind of a bad morning to be in the swamp so we decided at the last minute to drive up and hike to Mt. Driskill and then to Ruston for the game with the goal of catching the game and getting back into town by 2am. Bought tickets about 5pm. Essentially I made a donation to the Louisiana Tech athletic department and to our attendance last night to the tune of 2 adults and 6 kids. We left around 8pm when I realized it wasn't going to start until 8:45pm at the earliest I did the math and figured if we had stayed and left at 10pm which was our original plan it would have been a partial quarter of football at most. Glad we won. It really was a good day for being completely spontaneous. I was worried I would have fallen asleep at the wheel if the game had gone as planned though ... so maybe it was a good thing we left when we did.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

The TVs were turned off because they lost the dish signal and couldn't get it back. They were not trying to go home early. They aren't sure if the storm was the problem or if it was struck by lightening.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Cal&Ken;1604191]The TVs were turned off because they lost the dish signal and
    That's why I got rid of DirecTV.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

[QUOTE=Houston Techsan;1604205]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    The TVs were turned off because they lost the dish signal and
    That's why I got rid of DirecTV.
    You and Argent Pavillion must have had a bad install (semi-inside joke pointed toward the dish heads)

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    The TVs were turned off because they lost the dish signal and couldn't get it back. They were not trying to go home early. They aren't sure if the storm was the problem or if it was struck by lightening.
    There was a message on the screens about shutting down due to to receiver inactivity unless something was pressed to override or something like that. They then went blank and shortly after they they were disconnected. Up until then it was a decent way to wait out the lightning.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    We hung til 9 but then came back to Shreveport. Had my grandson -- he desparatly wanted to stay but getting him wet and back at 2:30-3 am .... We were back for kickoff

I have one irritation-- for us older folks with parking pass-- we can't come in at student section-- no big deal but around 8:30'several folks went out to vehicle to get dry clothes-- Zero traffic entering but security and ticket takers would not let them in at student gate-- pouring rain and they were forced to walk in rain to far gate. I was very respectfull to them and got the old rules are rules and we would have to do it for everyone. Again-- zero traffic in and what's wrong with letting folks back in vs walking in rain to opposite gate. Common sense---
    Again, these are the kind of decisions that really piss me off. So what's the big problem if they really had to "let everyone do it"?? It sounds like BS to me. Are we afraid that we might actually have a crowd show up?

The stuff that goes on with LA Tech's "security people" in Ruston never ceases to amaze me. They just don't get the fact that we are in the entertainment business, and that people DON'T HAVE TO COME to Joe Aillet Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Again, these are the kind of decisions that really piss me off. So what's the big problem if they really had to "let everyone do it"?? It sounds like BS to me. Are we afraid that we might actually have a crowd show up?

The shit that goes on with LA Tech's "security people" in Ruston never ceases to amaze me. They just don't get the fact that we are in the entertainment business, and that people DON'T HAVE TO COME to Joe Aillet Stadium.
    Our AD doesn't get it. He gives authority in game day operations to people who are clueless because he is clueless. He has ZERO qualifications for game day operations.

Complain to the AD and copy the guy who just okayed his new contract.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

They were also fussing at people about umbrellas after the rain delay. Anybody have an estimate of how many people were there after the delay. 3k? It was sparse. I think they should have just let it go there was no shortage of seats if someone was blocking your view. I was half way expecting them to be turning people away for not having parking passes.

Quote Originally Posted by bleudog View Post
    Yes she did. The girls were really impressive. I told my son he couldn't take the ball from any little kids or girls. The bigger kids were showing no mercy which made the girls ability to drive the length of the court all the more impressive. I was impressed that they seemed to have a sense of teams. I'm not sure how they determined which team they were on but they were playing full court and some kids seemed to be only shooting at specific baskets. It was fun to watch, but I was worried for the little kids.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I watched a rainy MLB game recently of a packed stadium with TONS of umbrellas, but we are more big time than that, I guess.

+ Reply to Thread