Some of you know Stanley, who is a Tech journalism grad. He is now the editor of the Concordia Sentinel in Ferriday. Stanley has written a factual book named "Devils Walking" that will come out early October. Stanley cronicles the KKK in Concordia Parish and Adams County (Natchez) in the mid to late '60's. I was born and raised in Ferriday, and my dad worked with Stanley at the Concordia Sentinel, so I am very interested in this book.

Stanley was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize several years ago for his columns about Klan activity, and especially the arson killing of Frank Morris, a shoe repair store owner in Ferriday. He was fire bombed in December 1964, and lasted 4 days with mortal burns. The FBI and others tried to get Frank to identify the killers, but he either would not or could not identify them. Most say he wouldn't, fearing reprisal from them.

Go to the link https://www.facebook.com/devilsawalk...=page_internal to read about the book, and listen to podcasts.

By the way, the character Henry Sexton in Greg Iles' "Natchez Burning" is based on Stanley and his work. Greg is from Natchez. If you haven't read it, it is a fascinating book.....one of a trilogy.